• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen: Shiny Roaming Legendary?

I'm a new shiny hunter and I've been hunting on my Sapphire and Japanese FireRed for 2 months now and I so far have 4 shiny Pokemon: Blaziken, Rayquaza, Metagross, and Charizard.

I want to go after Shiny Suicune and I haven't encountered Suicune yet. How would I go about doing this? Is everything about Suicune determined once I choose my starter? Is it determined when I find it? If so, what's the best way to look for a Shiny Legendary Dog in FR/LG? Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In FireRed and LeafGreen, legendary dogs are encountered depending on the starter that you chose. If you selected Charmander, you'll meet Suicune. If you've chosen Bulbasaur, then you should run into Entei. If it's Squirtle, then you'll stumble into Raikou. d: Before you start encountering them, though, you'd have to help Bill start the Network Machine on Sevii Islands. Now, when you go back to Kanto, the dogs should be there. Only places that won't be able to find them are caves, tunnels, Power Plant, Cinnabar Mansion, and the Safari Zone. If you'd like to encounter the shiny versions of them, then I think you would have to keep soft resetting, just like with any other legendary. Good luck! (:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
In FireRed and LeafGreen, legendary dogs are encountered depending on the starter that you chose. If you selected Charmander, you'll meet Suicune. If you've chosen Bulbasaur, then you should run into Entei. If it's Squirtle, then you'll stumble into Raikou. d: Before you start encountering them, though, you'd have to help Bill start the Network Machine on Sevii Islands. Now, when you go back to Kanto, the dogs should be there. Only places that won't be able to find them are caves, tunnels, Power Plant, Cinnabar Mansion, and the Safari Zone. If you'd like to encounter the shiny versions of them, then I think you would have to keep soft resetting, just like with any other legendary. Good luck! (:
Thank you. I know that the first time you encounter it, it will have the same IVs and other traits every other time you encounter it, so I can hopefully assume that the first time you encounter it determines everything. It's admittedly difficult to soft-reset on a roaming Pokemon because you don't know where it will spawn first and even if you do, you'll still have to chase it because it moves even after you save.

I was hoping for some sort of strategy on how to go after it, but I'm not even sure about the basics of going after a 3rd Gen shiny roaming Pokemon and I can see you aren't either. I'll see what I can do.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
images

First thing you need to choose Charmander so your gonna go through with Suicune, Squirtle ? So beat the beast Raikou, And if you choose Bulbasaur so you can only encounter Entei,

So first thing you need shiny Suicune, So first beat the league then going to 1 Island is correct so head there. Then help fixing the Machine, then go to Vermilion city and then go to any route connect with it (Or you can also go to other routes but avoiding Caves, tunnels, ,Power Plant, Safari Zone,Cinnabar Mansion will be not waste cause there aren't any chance catching the Dogs in these listed places) then just start walking in a random route then if nothing happen, so just take an action reply then walk to number of steps that the Action reply work of. Then start walking again then maybe maybe if you had some luck so you will catch it. But not sure that you will get a Shiny. just try this until you found it. And if you had enough luck so its possible to have a Shiny Dog. It can't be said that walking like this can give you a Shiny Pokemon but there aren't any way accepting cheat. And maybe doing this thing can't give you a Shiny but if you don't gonna give up so maybe you will able to catch a normal Dog. just try and don't give up ! (And remember if you want a Suicune so choose Charmander as starter.)

Years
roamers are THE hardest shinies to find. on a scale of 1-100, finding and catching a dog is around an 80. finding and catching a shiny is around 100. if it isnt shiny the first time you encounter it, it will never be shiny. you can do it, but it will take A LOT of time and patience. but there is no real strategy to get a shiny one. just go at it like any other shiny

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
roamers are THE hardest shinies to find. on a scale of 1-100, finding and catching a dog is around an 80. finding and catching a shiny is around 100. if it isnt shiny the first time you encounter it, it will never be shiny. you can do it, but it will take A LOT of time and patience. but there is no real strategy to get a shiny one. just go at it like any other shiny
I'm assuming that if it isn't shiny the first time, I can reset and rediscover it again to change its PID. I'll test this with my Master Ball. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 23, 2016
I received 2 eggs at the same time - Is this a glitch?

I received 2 eggs at the same time from the daycare man in Fire Red. Is this a glitch? Or are "twins" possible in this game?

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
I received 2 eggs at the same time from the daycare man in Fire Red. Is this a glitch? Or are "twins" possible in this game?

If you've been away from the Day Care for a while it is possible to have more than 1 egg. There was a point in my Emerald and Diamond, I had 3 and 4 Eggs (respectively) at a time. It all has to do with egg cycles and luck.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Emerald Maximizing Stats help!

Hi,
It was about 6 yrs when I last played Pokemon back when I was a kid lol.
It just came to me to play again since it can be emulated in android.

Now I need help to maximize my pokemon stats, it doesnt need to be perfect.
Firstly, I have basic questions to start with, so if you will help me. :)
Im playing Emerald version.

1.)What are the main factors of pokemon stats?-IV, EV, Nature, Base stats... thats all I know, tell me if I miss something. dont mention something like level for example cuz iirc thats under base stats already, not sure.

2.) When are Natures and IVs determined?-upon catching? or.. ur answe

r3.) Are Base stats on default for each pokemon?

4.) Do EVs start with zero?-like, upon catching it is zero?

5.) Is there a set default IV and Nature for legendaries? or is it the same as normal pkmn which is changeable?

So thats it. Countin on you guys!
Thanks!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
Problems with trading

So i decided to start Emerald again for some nostalgia and i decided i'd make it a bit easier and trade up some low level Pokemon from Ruby.
i sent up Metang and a few others now here is the problem:
After finishing up the trade and exiting the trade room it said please wait the game is saving.
I exited the room and turned both GBA SP devices off
When i came back today i had all the Pokemon i had traded over into Ruby just fine, but the Pokemon i had traded to emerald had disappeared and i was left with the Pokemon i intended to trade to Ruby, so in essence how ive cloned 5 Oddish and now have 5 on Ruby and 5 on Emerald.
Quite annoyed that i lost Metang as it is a one off Pokemon in Ruby.
Any ideas for a fix or are my Pokemon lost forever?

Years
Wondering

Hey guys! So I've recently heard lots about 3rd Gen and I'm really interested. I never got to play them when I was younger. I read about emulation and now I'm pretty happy :) I wanna know which 3rd Gen game you guys like the most. If I'm allowed to ask for opinions and such haha. I really hope I'm able to play 3rd Gen sometime soon c: bye guys

JanickGers

Askjafehu
Years
Well, I personally enjoyed Emerald a lot. If you are going to play the Hoenn Region it should be your first choice, since it has a bunch of features that neither Ruby nor Sapphire have.
Fire Red and Leaf Green are also great, plus they bring back a lot of memories (sniff).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I would skip Ruby and Sapphire and just move on to Emerald. It's really the best of both worlds, and my favorite Pokemon game (whoops biased). Then move on to FireRed or LeafGreen. :) And if you have a Wii or GameCube, give Colosseum a try! I warn you though, 3rd gen games are really hard to come by. A lot of the ones sold online are fake, and you're better off checking out a local used game store for them, since they're good about checking carts to make sure they're legit. I've seen Colosseum and its sequel turn up in my game shop a few times, though they're pretty hard to find as well. But as far as I know, they're not faked like the GBA games are. Probably expensive though. :x

I'm gonna merge this with the Q&A thread, since it better suits it. Feel free to ask more questions if you need more information! :)

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Well, I personally enjoyed Emerald a lot. If you are going to play the Hoenn Region it should be your first choice, since it has a bunch of features that neither Ruby nor Sapphire have.
Fire Red and Leaf Green are also great, plus they bring back a lot of memories (sniff).

Yeah Emerald had some more features then Leaf green and Fire red and R\S we can make secret bases which we can't in LG\FR and we can go to Battle frointer which is much bigger larger and great then FR\LG. And we can do many thing in emerald like We can match call to someone (Well match call replaced with VS Creeker in LG\FR) And we can call anyone by the Pokenav. And we also can participate in Poke Contest which we can't in LG\FR and but in the graphical way LG & FR Will beat E\S\R But in feature's race Emerald will beat every game in gen 3.

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
Hi, quick question.

I am playing FR and would really appreciate you guys input and opinions on this, is this a good potential moveset for my feraligatr in game?

Earthquake
Surf
Slash/Body slam
Hyper beam

Nature: Brave

I'm not happy with it though as it has 1/0 moves that it actually learns. Also is it a bad idea to have hyper beam when I have a nature that hinders speed?

One more sorry! Should I incorporate a strong water type to my team to compensate for Feraligatrs low sp.atk?

thank you in advance!

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
Move inheritance??

Okay I was researching the way moves are passed down when breeding in firered, and
1. I wanted to confirm that a level learned move (such as recover) could be passed down from just the father if it is a different species that the mother.

2. If it can, is this immediate, or at the same level the father learned it?

3. Which of the father's normally learned moves will be inherited or is it a random one?

4. Does anyone happen to know of a fire red species in the egg group field with the move recover? The whole reason I was researching this was to breed a Charisse's with recover, which I feel would greatly increase his usefulness.
Thank you! As you can tell I am new to breeding and any help would be greatly appreciated

Dereck_S

Veteran
Years
Before x and y it worked as followed:
1.If the baby can learn the move via leveling up and both parents know it, it will inherit it
Spoiler:

2.If the father knows any compatible TM/HM moves the baby will inherit it
Spoiler:

3.Egg moves also come from the father (prior to gen V)
Spoiler:

-Also note that in crystal the baby can learn move tutor moves from the father as well

X&Y are more of the same except that the baby can now inherit egg moves from the mother
Spoiler:

Last edited:

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
What has more to offer in Shoal Cave: Low Tide or High Tide?

My internal battery on Pokémon Ruby has run dry so all clock based events have stopped.
Since the clock is stopped, whatever time I set it for will remain, which means the game will have Shoal Cave stuck permanently in either low or high tide. I haven't played this game in a long time so I have forgotten what's even there. I know I can easily look up what's found there, but I want someone's opinion on during what tide the cave is more beneficial to explore.

Dereck_S

Veteran
Years
You're going to want to go with low tide, if you don't you won't have access to Snorunt, Nevermeltice, and tm07 (hail if I remember correctly). Regardless of what tide you chose, you won't be able to get the shell bell because either set of the item you need to collect is exclusively available to a particular tide. Low tides are 3AM-8:59AM, 3PM-8:59PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back