• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Alright, I'm an 18 year old guy that took his girlfriend to see Frozen. I went in expecting it to be some girly, predictable princess movie. But, it actually had a lot of comedy, and was a lot more unpredictable than I thought. There was a lot of funny characters that really made this enjoyable for all ages.

Thoughts on the movie?

I recommend seeing it.

PS. MAKE SURE YOU ADD A SPOILER IF YOU ARE GOING TO TALK ABOUT THE MOVIE ITSELF.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I haven't seen it, but I kind of made assumption too at first until I heard so many guy friends of mine and guys online say they loved the movie. I hear it's got lots of singing though, wish may not be for everyone. I'm kind of wanting to watch it after so many positive reviews.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I haven't seen it, but I kind of made assumption too at first until I heard so many guy friends of mine and guys online say they loved the movie. I hear it's got lots of singing though, wish may not be for everyone. I'm kind of wanting to watch it after so many positive reviews.

It's not like a musical. It starts out with a lot of singing and towards the end it does again. However, around the middle, the singing isn't as frequent and you only get it here and there.

Regardless, that's what Disney movies do.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Actually it is a musical animation :P
It's even labeled as one x)

I actually really enjoyed the movie A LOT. I went to see it last month with my girlfriend and we both really loved it. This is coming from a 20 year old guy, btw. It's actually my favorite animated movie of 2013. It's really good :)

They have a good number of musicals throughout the movie, but hey it's a musical and it comes from Disney. Disney have a reputation of adding musicals in their movies :)

Little easter egg: You can see Rapunzel in one of the scenes, it's a you blink you miss moment. So stay focused and see if you can spot her :3

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
It's not like a musical. It starts out with a lot of singing and towards the end it does again. However, around the middle, the singing isn't as frequent and you only get it here and there.

Regardless, that's what Disney movies do.

From wikipedia

Frozen is a 2013 American computer-animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures.[4] It is the 53rd animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series

A musical tells the story in songs and dancing so yeah it's a musical. Almost any Disney movie with lots of singing is a musical. :P

Honest

Hi!
Years
Without a doubt, one of the best Disney movies in recent history. The plot was unpredictable, and not cliché, which was one of two things I thought made the movie perfect. The other would be "Let It Go". Holy crap, never have I been so taken with a song. Honestly, I love Disney songs in general (A Whole New World from Aladdin had always been my favorite), but this one by far dominates them all. Spectacular. I went to see it with a bunch of guy friends, we all enjoyed it.

Also, Olaf. <3

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Spoiler:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I was surprised to hear so many good reviews for it after watching the trailer, which I didn't like very much (seemed too cheesy and predictable to me). I might give it a watch sometime soon.

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I LOVED it. It was one of the most "mature" Disney films (cause they cant do a mature film -.-). I mean, how the girl is treated as a weirdo... I connected with that character, if you understand me. Also, how the true love isnt what we think it is....
Made me cry :,)
Also, Let It go..... Bee U Tea Full....

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
This movie and Tangled, not sure why but I kind of want to see them. Not usually a fan of animated Disney films, but people have been raving about them, well idk about Tangled, but Frozen definitely. Since I don't forsee going to see it by myself, I'll probably catch it on DVD or the internet or something.

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
Years
It tends to follow the classic Disney flow, however they try to make the real antagonist a mystery until the end of the film. While it surprised a lot of people, I had a basic understanding and overall idea of who was the real antagonist, what their goal was, and how the movie was end after the gates open and you meet one of the other main characters in the movie. It kind of ruined it that I had guessed right in the end, but that is more of my own problem than anything, since I tend to get the plot line faster than the writers and directors hope.

However, I will say that I did enjoy the way the animation flowed nearly flawlessly. I haven't seen a fully animated movie that was so smoothly done in a long time, so it was a joy to watch. Add in the flow of the music and the feel of the atmosphere, and I was able to overlook the rather straightforward nature of the plot.

All in all, I enjoyed the movie, and was happy that my boyfriend and I hadn't been able to make the showing for A Madea Christmas, and went with Frozen instead.

Years
I loved it, mostly for the characters, music, and visuals more so than the story. It was just extremely gorgeous to look at; that Anna and Elsa had an adorable relationship and I loved how their personalities fit together so well despite being as different as they were.

And again, good gosh the music. Let It Go gives me chills!

blue

gucci
Years
I've yet to see this one, but it's on my list for this year though for sure! I've heard and read many good reviews about this movie.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I haven't seen it, but I'm so tired of hearing everyone talk about it. Its getting to the point where all interest I had in seeing it (and I did have some interest) is completely gone.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
I thought it was alright. The characters were kinda lame (save for Olaf, who is cute in some weird sort of way). And the music is really lame (but I'm apparently in the minority for this). I did chuckle every once in a while. It's not something that will make you gasp for air though. Overall, I recommend at least checking it out especially if you have kids.

Years
I really liked it! I like all disney movies, so one with Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell was especially awesome! I really liked Anna as a character, as she was definitely marching to the beat of her own drum. And Elsa was great too as she came into her own. The animation was really well done, and all the different ice effects were cool. And of course the songs! They're actually some of my favorites, particularly the reprise of For the First Time in Forever.

Spoiler:

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
The animation was really well done, and all the different ice effects were cool.

hC44C368B

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
Years
Frozen is an AMAZING film, which I think has brought back the Disney magic for so many people. Its kind of like when we were all growing up on movies like Lion King, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast. Kids LOVE it. Parents love it. It's a phenomenon. And it's already heading for broadway, ice shows, the Disney parks... its big. And I love it. <3

Years
Haven't seen it D: I really want to because I've heard lots of good things about it and I personally love Disney animated movies! The only thing that's keeping me from jumping on board the Frozen fandom is that it's a musical \: But it's definitely on my to-watch list.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Without a doubt, one of the best Disney movies in recent history. The plot was unpredictable, and not cliché, which was one of two things I thought made the movie perfect. The other would be "Let It Go". Holy crap, never have I been so taken with a song. Honestly, I love Disney songs in general (A Whole New World from Aladdin had always been my favorite), but this one by far dominates them all. Spectacular. I went to see it with a bunch of guy friends, we all enjoyed it.

Also, Olaf. <3

This pretty much sums up my opinion of Frozen. I fell in love with the movie instantly. I love how they were able to completely change the overview of the 'Snow Queen.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back