• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☆ Chaos Control! :: Sonic the Hedgehog Club

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
The gameplay looks intriguing. But on the villains are pretty disappointing to me. They just don't really seem to fit the Sonic Style. I personally just want to see Dr. Robotnik be a main Villain again without being a joke. Though considering the end of Generations it makes sense that he's not in this game. I hope he's back for the next one though.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
The video didn't work for me, so here's the link to IGN's preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D-sIkDWfccU

Looks great! Though I thought it would look more like Generations. I'm still pretty interested in Lost World! I didn't expect the Guardians to be enemies. Where's Eggman in all of this?

At least we got a trailer finally. I'm not buying Sonic 1 again. :P Bring on the new games, yeah!

Years
@Twilight

You should consider it! It's got loads of new features besides the ones I've mentioned already. You can unlock a fully playable Tails and Knuckles and with a little bit wizardry you can even unlock nifty features such as the elemental shields, A 7th Chaos Emerald (Stage and all) and even Super Forms for all 3 characters! Pretty Nifty stuff! Even a Full Debug mode!

All in all it's a total overall for the game. I can understand your hesitation towards buying the same game yet again (I myself own at least 4 copies of the game in all sorts of forms). However, this is a true overhaul. You won't regret it.

That being said, I need need need need to get my self a Wii U as soon as I can afford it. I am NOT missing out on what's basicly Sonic Xtreme.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
and with a little bit wizardry you can even unlock nifty features such as the elemental shields, A 7th Chaos Emerald (Stage and all) and even Super Forms for all 3 characters!

Wat.

Holy---
Now I NEED to get this on my phone! Though I'd rather get a port of it for... something that's not my phone.

===

So apparently the Wisps are back, and Sonic and Eggman... ARE WORKING TOGETHER. All because Eggy's plan to control the Deadly Six backfired epicaly... XD

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
As you all know by now (I hope), Sonic Lost World is the first of the three games made from the SEGA/Nintendo partnership.

I'll be getting the 3DS version, since that's the console I have. Luckily, the game won't be in the vein of Dimperations as far as it being Sonic's first totally 3D game on a handheld (Sonic Rivals don't count duh.)

Also, I'll share what I want to see music-wise from the game:

I'm all for a mix of Naofumi Hataya (new material from him would be bliss), Tomoya Othani (my favorite Sonic composer as far as the 'Modern' Era goes), Fumie Kumatani (my favorite female composer for the series hands down), Richard Jacques (he's one of Sonic's most notable composers after all) and Cash Cash (non-vocal stuff plz) personally.

Oh, and throw in Kenichi Tokoi, Mariko Namba and Tony Harnell/Ted Poley. The latter duo for the vocal theme of the game.

Jun Senoue...I can see him working on the music to this game as well, but it has to be a collaboration with the aforementioned artists I mentioned, like Hataya.

TwilightBlade

Years
Sigh, I really need the next generation of gaming consoles. I want new Sonic games... The gameplay makes it so enticing. I want it, have to have it, the more I watch it, the more I need it, of course they got Aaron Webber to show off the game, he melts my heart, wah. 8(

@ChaosSonic: It appears Dimps is developing the 3DS version. Some music tracks from Sonic Heroes also make a return. I was watching what I thought was the WiiU gameplay until a user pointed out that it was actually the 3DS version. Like, woah! It's a step up in quality from 3DS's Generations. I don't own a 3DS, though, so I wouldn't really know. >.<;

Here's the latest news on Sonic Lost World from TSSZ.

Gameplay Features, New Levels, Cooperative Modes, and More

Since its initial announcement, the Sonic community has been itching for more from Sega about Sonic Lost World, and that time has come once again. Thanks to IGN, we now have a wealth of information about both the Wii U and the 3DS versions of the game.

Let's talk Wii U first. IGN released a video of three full stages of the game with commentary by Sega's own Aaron Webber to better introduce the game's environments and mechanics. This video gives us our clearest, longest look at Windy Hill yet, and viewers can get a feel for how dynamic and intense Sonic Team hopes to make the game. Additionally, the video takes a look at some new areas, namely Zones 2 and 3 of Desert Ruins. These levels encompass a geometric honeycomb forest and a psychedelic candy land, respectively, and are certainly a far cry from the generic arid environment that their name suggests. Takashi Iizuka was quick to point out how the diversity in the level's environments was a conscious decision:

"Yes, we are aiming to get the players more excited and happy as they advance to each level – once clearing the previous level – by adding more variation to all the levels. This is not just about the variety and fun regarding the theme of a level, but also the shape and play style, which are unique in each."

Iizuka also discussed the game's control schemes and multiplayer offerings. Wisp powers will be activated and controlled exclusively through the GamePad, as Iizuka explained by using the Cyan Laser power as an example. "In the 'Cyan Laser' color power," he said, "which is in the E3 Demo, you control direction and launch timing with the GamePad. We are also implementing various color powers which will use the GamePad as well." The game will incorporate a cooperative multiplayer mode called Support Mode, wherein a second player using a Wii Remote will control a "Radio Control Gadget" that allows them to destroy enemies and obstacles in Sonic's way. There will also be a competitive mode that features gameplay split between the TV and the GamePad, although details on that mode are not as plentiful. Additionally, the Wii U Pro Controller will be a possible control option, but it not be available for use in single player. Finally, Sonic Team plans to extend Miiverse integration beyond game assistance and discussion by allowing players to exchange items with each other.

In terms of the 3DS release, Iizuka stressed that fully 3D gameplay will be integral to the experience. The game will be developed by Dimps and, according to Sega, will feature "totally new level design to match the screen size and hardware so players can enjoy both versions with a fresh feeling." The game will support local and online multiplayer for up to four people, and it will incorporate item sharing features as well. It will also include some form of connectivity to the Wii U version of the game. IGN released three gameplay videos of the game, and you can click on these links to see them.

Windy Hill tutorial gameplay - Windy Hill Zone 1 gameplay - Desert Ruins Zone 2 gameplay

The article warns us that this encompasses all of Sonic Lost World's showing at E3, so the next few days may not bring much by way of additional information. However, there will be many people going hands-on with the game at the expo, and we will be sure to relay those first impressions as they come in.

TwilightBlade

Years
Happy 22nd Birthday, Sonic!

There is a sale going on for Sonic games @ Sega's blog.

What do you think about the Deadly Six from Lost World? How bad should they be? Do you have a favorite?
For me, their designs remind me of games that target younger audiences, like Spyro's Skylanders. They'll probably be used for some comic relief, but I do hope they manage to pose an actual threat to Sonic. The Deadly Six should at some point steal the chaos emeralds, take Wisps or animals hostage, or jeopadize the entire planet. Why else would they be called Deadly? :P
My favorite one would be the green one, Zeena. Her design is so sleek and menacing. :3

Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Happy birthday, Sonic! I really don't have much to say on the Deadly Six yet. Anyway, here's a little nostalgia for ya:

Spoiler:

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
Years
User: elija
Fav Sonic Charcters: Shadow, Sonic, Black Doom (does he count?), Metal Sonic, Silver.
Discussion topics:
28) First impression: "Sega called they want Sonic X-treme back." and "There's a hint of Super Mario Galaxy, I think." Also, is the hidden, ironic, creepy theme here 666?
22) 1# Rooftop Run Modern -Generations, (I'm obsessed with this...)
2# City Escape - SA2, (As a kid, I'm sure all my dreams started here.)
3# Arid Sands - Unleashed HD, (I've never actually played Unleashed HD, but I have played the one found in Unleashed Project mod for Generations, which I believe is pretty true to its original.)

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Oh, hey. New members. Welcome, folks. : )

Also, I was able to try out Lost World 3DS at PAX AUS just yesterday. Rest assured guys, it plays out really nicely. It's weird to get into at first, but that's only for a little while. It's pretty easy to get into the flow, and when you do, it's a lot of fun. : D

Skalla

Drama Queen
Years
User: Skalla
Favourite Sonic character: Sonic

Whats your favourite Sonic game?
Hard to say, but I would have to say Unleashed because it does plenty of things right. (although I won't deny it completely fails from a gameplay standpoint)

What Sonic game do you think is overrated?

Sonic Adventure 2, its a complete piece of garbage. It fails on everything from gameplay to story, tone, levels, design, art direction, characters, environments, and it also kicked off Sonic's downfall. Even the music for the most part was forgettable. I hate absolutely everything it stands for and no one will change my opinion, and to this day no one has given me 1 decent defence for the game other than Shadow, Chao Garden and Nostalgia. Most of this games' fans have praised it as being influential and being the last good Sonic game, but in reality its one of the terrible ones.

Have you watched Eddie Lebron's Sonic film?

NEVER AGAIN.

Whats your favourite Sonic song?

So many good ones to choose from...I can't pick one!

TwilightBlade

Years
Welcome, Classic Shadow, Elija, and Skalla!

Classic Shadow, have you read the comics where Shadow and Metal Sonic interact? Pretty cool, I'd have to say. :)

Elija, why wouldn't Black Doom count? :P Though, I'm curious as to why you're interested in him. What do you like about him?

Ryukaa, good to hear! I don't quite like playing on the 3DS though, if the few minutes playing a display 3DS at Walmart counts. I'd prefer getting the console version, if I get a Wii-U... Alas!

Skalla, I'm sure I spent 100+ hours goofing off in the Chao Garden. It's not for everyone, though, yeah. I couldn't wait for the Treasure Hunting stages to end. :/ That's about the only issue I had with Sonic Adventure 2. I'd like to play Unleashed, but I've only seen the demo and have watched a Let's Play etc of it.

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
Years
Elija, why wouldn't Black Doom count? :P Though, I'm curious as to why you're interested in him. What do you like about him?
Thanks for the welcome. ^ω^ Well, I was kinda unsure if the question implied main characters or not. Also, I'm generally pulled in by "cleanse the earth" sorta characters. Such as what he says in the opening scene in The Last Way. While I'm sure what he said was just to toy with our heroes, it's still an idea that I'm constantly reminded of.. Not to be pessimistic, but that is human nature.

Dark Sonic

Chaos Control!
Years
username: Ashketchum24
Favorite sonic characters: sonic,silver
who is your favorite villain?: it has to be metal sonic because of reading the comics and play sonic heroes he has to be my favorite villain because of his appearance and personality

tnfsf11

Username: AnonygooseD
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Sonic & Tails

Am I the only one here who joined for being a fan of the Anime? I don't really play many Sonic games but I watched Sonic Adventure & Sonic X & I liked both each for separate reasons...
So do you guys mind if I suggested a new topic?
My topic would be about Eggman, did you like him more as good ol' Robotnik; the funny villain who can't carry out plans very well with his dumb helpers? Or did you like him more as the "redesigned" Dr. Eggman we know today; the eviler & more serious version with crazier, brutal plans?

Last edited:

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
Years
Username:
ErikaInRainbowCity

Favorite Sonic Character(s):
Amy (depending on the incarnation), Sonic, Shadow, Blaze and Rouge

Favorite Sonic Video Game?:
Sonic Adventure 2.. because aside from Pokemon that was pretty much my entire childhood.

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
Years
*cricket chirps* Is it normally so quiet here? e.o Anyways, during Sonic Boom, a dubbed cutscene was shown as well as a trailer with some added scenes. Any thoughts to these clips? I for one am surprised it's Sonic who screws it all up and sets the creatures loose, and not Eggman. (Btw, anybody here who also went to Sonic Boom? It was great being there ;D Just wondering if anybody else from PC went too.)

Back