• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
As anyone mentioned that instead of remakes , we got ruby and sapphire 2. I think them being sequels would cover having a lot of hoen Pokemon in gen 5. R/S had team aqua and magma R/S 2 could have a team based on ryquza( sorry for spelling) they would be a air based team. We already had a flying ship in BW2 imagine a whole fleet of them. Maybe youed even get to ride the rocket in that one city. How does this sound to people?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
With the Unova League beginning in November in the anime, I think it's very possible that we will see a filler saga, However that doesn't mean remakes/rs sequels though. They could just spam spin off games(starting with the new MD game).

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
With the Unova League beginning in November in the anime, I think it's very possible that we will see a filler saga, However that doesn't mean remakes/rs sequels though. They could just spam spin off games(starting with the new MD game).

I still cant see any other way than SOMETHING new being revealed at least in february.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I'm positivie there's gonna be one in 2013, and it's gonna be for the ds. I know some people think other wise but they don't really have anything to back it up on. Sure I don't have anything to back my claims other than why wouldn't they release a remake in 2013?

blue

gucci
Years
Well if they stick to the usual 4 year gap for each generation that means we wont be getting Gen VI till atleast 2014 which gives them another 12 months in 2013 to throw something new out there and IMO, a remake would be perfect.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Masuda already said that the only reason Black and White 2 was on the DS is because he wanted to make sure everyone who played the first game could also play the sequel. Also the 3DS base isn't high enough yet. By the time they release another main series Pokemon game, the install base for the 3DS will be enough for them to release it on that platform.

Also look at the GBA. We got Emerald in 2005 (ds was already released) and then DP in 2007 when the DS was already on the market for like 3 years. By the time a new game for NA rolls around, which I'm still sticking to March 2014 for an estimate, that will have been around 3 years that the 3DS has been out.

March 2014, on the 3DS.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Also the 3DS base isn't high enough yet. By the time they release another main series Pokemon game, the install base for the 3DS will be enough for them to release it on that platform.

wtf
If the 3DS wasnt popular enough, releasing a main series pokemon game on it would be the thing to do to get it sold!
*facepalm*

And its not that low, where do you people get that info from?
Its probably past 20 million sales by now, which took the DS 2 years.

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
wtf
If the 3DS wasnt popular enough, releasing a main series pokemon game on it would be the thing to do to get it sold!
*facepalm*

And its not that low, where do you people get that info from?
Its probably past 20 million sales by now.
That was a secondary reason, at the beginning of the post I said that Mesuda wanted DS because the orginal was on the DS. Putting BW2 on DS ensured all the people that played the first one would have a chance to play the sequel.

And compared to the DS...yes the instal base is relatively low. There's 152+ million DS out there in the world. At the time of the release of BW2 in japan there was only 19 million units sold world wide...and when development on the game started...even less than that.

So take that into consideration.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Masuda already said that the only reason Black and White 2 was on the DS is because he wanted to make sure everyone who played the first game could also play the sequel. Also the 3DS base isn't high enough yet. By the time they release another main series Pokemon game, the install base for the 3DS will be enough for them to release it on that platform.

Also look at the GBA. We got Emerald in 2005 (ds was already released) and then DP in 2007 when the DS was already on the market for like 3 years. By the time a new game for NA rolls around, which I'm still sticking to March 2014 for an estimate, that will have been around 3 years that the 3DS has been out.

March 2014, on the 3DS.
I agree with you
I believe the 3ds came out in Japan early in 2011 so really the 3ds isn't even 2 years old yet. So it wouldn't hurt sales to wait one more year to start putting main games on the 3ds.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I agree with you
I believe the 3ds came out in Japan early in 2011 so really the 3ds isn't even 2 years old yet. So it wouldn't hurt sales to wait one more year to start putting main games on the 3ds.
The gap in between the DS and 3DS install base is INSANE right now. There are 133 million more regular DS's (in all their forms) out there in peoples houses. That is a HUGE amount. Having BW2 on DS gives them much much more sales potential.

As far as the next set of games...3DS is gonna be the way to go because the next Pokemon will drive the sales of the 3DS...just like Diamond and Pearl did for the DS.

blue

gucci
Years
The fact that Mystery Dungeon is on the 3DS kind of reassures that the next mainstream games will be, they wouldn't switch to one platform then revert to an older one. Assuming the remakes are released next year that's two years after the 3DS release date, enough time to develop and release a pair of games for that platform. Not only that but it would definitely boost the sales of the 3DS since Pokemon is their strongest title.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I just really hope they keep moving the perspective of the game down. I feel like we're getting close and closer to a true 3D 3rd person adventure rpg. :D

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
The fact that Mystery Dungeon is on the 3DS kind of reassures that the next mainstream games will be, they wouldn't switch to one platform then revert to an older one. Assuming the remakes are released next year that's two years after the 3DS release date, enough time to develop and release a pair of games for that platform. Not only that but it would definitely boost the sales of the 3DS since Pokemon is their strongest title.

What about Pokemon rumble blast? That was on the 3ds

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I'm positivie there's gonna be one in 2013, and it's gonna be for the ds. I know some people think other wise but they don't really have anything to back it up on. Sure I don't have anything to back my claims other than why wouldn't they release a remake in 2013?

The DS is dying, that's fact. Black and White 2 were the only big games I'm aware of for the DS this year. And I've heard there are no DS games scheduled for release in 2013 yet, and it's September. (I could be wrong, I haven't looked into it myself.) But the fact is, the 3DS is the current system now that the new Mystery Dungeon is out. It makes no sense for them to drag out retiring the DS for 1 more set of games. It would hurt the 3DS since people still think they'll be able to avoid getting one.

Well if they stick to the usual 4 year gap for each generation that means we wont be getting Gen VI till atleast 2014 which gives them another 12 months in 2013 to throw something new out there and IMO, a remake would be perfect.

The only reason Gen 3 and 4 lasted 4 years was because of the remakes. Without them, they would have lasted only 3 just like Gen 1 and 2. Also, with all 649 officially revealed, there is nothing new to reveal in February. Every February, they reveal a "new" event Pokemon, like Keldeo Meloetta and Genesect, or a totally new Pokemon for the next Gen. Arceus was revealed the same year HG/SS were announced. Genesect is already revealed, so what else could they reveal in Feb. other than a new Pokemon? The only reason to suspect Gen 6 will come in 2014 is the assumption that Gen 3 remakes will happen.

Also the 3DS base isn't high enough yet.

I'm not sure why people believe this is a valid concern. Nintendo needs to retire the DS as soon as possible. Once people have no choice but to upgrade to the new system, sales will go up. And doing so along with the release of Gen 6 Pokemon games would work nicely.

The longer they wait to release games on the 3DS, the more chances they'll miss. Diamond and Pearl were two years late. Perhaps Gen 5 might have been on the 3DS if this had not happened. It is not good to hold on to older technology when in game development.

And BW came out in 2010, while BW2 came out this year. 2011 didn't see a main series Pokemon game, so I doubt they'll let 2013 go by without one too. But it will need to be a 3DS title.

March 2014, on the 3DS.

There are no Pokemon left to reveal in February 2013 since Genesect has been revealed. In fact, they revealed all of the event Pokemon this year very close together, which implies to me that they have something else they want to show off next year. Gen 4 revealed 1 event every year, ending with Arceus in 2009 when HG/SS came out.

I agree with you

Yes it would, for all the Pokemon fans that don't have a 3DS yet. Once a 3DS main series game is announced, those who don't have one will go buy one. Also, the longer they wait to put a game on the 3DS means less time they have to work on that system. I'm sure Nintendo already either has plans or is working on plans for the system that will replace the 3DS.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
The DS is dying, that's fact. Black and White 2 were the only big games I'm aware of for the DS this year. And I've heard there are no DS games scheduled for release in 2013 yet, and it's September. (I could be wrong, I haven't looked into it myself.) But the fact is, the 3DS is the current system now that the new Mystery Dungeon is out. It makes no sense for them to drag out retiring the DS for 1 more set of games. It would hurt the 3DS since people still think they'll be able to avoid it
I think it makes perfect sense. Spinoff games are standalone. If they are going to remake R/S and its gonna be part of generation 5 I believe there gonna finish it off on the DS. Now again I have nothing to back up my claims.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
@voicerocker: Something you need to understand is that it is NOT Nintendo's decision what device a Pokemon game is released for. It is completely up to GameFreak. If it was up to nintendo...Black and White might have been pushed back and been released for the 3DS and BW2 would have definitely been released for it. Nintendo's game is hardware. Game Freak's is software. When it comes to the software, they have complete control.

Edit: Also voicerocker take a look at this blog I posted a while back: http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=14246

The earliest a pokemon game was ever announced was five months before the release. That means if they announced a game TOMORROW the quickest we would get it IN JAPAN would be January or February of 2013...again that is if they announced it TOMORROW. Average of about a five month wait for an international release....that means the SOONEST we would get one here is Summer 2013.

But this is NOT going to happen. They just announced a spin off game that they won't have competing releases. The spin off games are meant to keep pokemon relevant between main series games and juice as much money out of the fans as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back