• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Note to above posters: Oi, didn't we just remake this to stop discussion of the current season to make this place more friendly for people that aren't always up to date?

Talking about watching shows is fine, but just make sure it's not currently airing. Make threads for the shows if it's not there already.
Let me go re-clarify.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
This is Daniel Craig in his prime? I disagree. His physical prime was 10 years ago in the first Tomb Raider movie. He was way hotter then; far less leathery-faced.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
The less said about Lazenby, the better. Seriously. Wipe him off the face of the Bond franchise and leave him to die in some rat-infested alleyway in London. Okay, that's a bit harsh. But what he did to the Bond series in my opinion is what Winona Ryder did to the Alien series. Well, to be fair, Alien: Resurrection, that abomination, wasn't entirely Winona Ryder's fault. But, as I simply love to hate her., I choose to put the blame mostly on her and her horrific acting.

Anyway, the hottest Bond actor. Sean Connery-in-his-prime gets my vote. I'd talked about this before, but that voice could, if I had one, break my hymen if I got too close to him. Plus, he was just soooooo hooooooot back then.

Large multiquote for the loss. Anyway, I respectfully disagree... I thought Lazenby shined as James Bond and OHMSS is one of my favorite James Bond films. Connery's films were also quite good as well. Anyone but Moore, please...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Suite Precure 44 - 45:

Spoiler:

Also, a 15 second spot for Smile Precure aired, whooooooo. I think that whatever doubts that I had about the show initially have been officially put to rest:

Spoiler:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Yay!, School sucking a bit of my anime watching. Here, have an anime medley.

Shining Raichu

Years
So, everybody has to go see The Iron Lady. I hate politics but still I managed to love this movie more than life itself. Jon in particular must see it because I wish to know his thoughts on it :P

Though the movie did make me irrationally angry at both the English and the Irish for the way they treated Margaret Thatcher. SHE GOT THINGS DONE, MAN.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Though the movie did make me irrationally angry at both the English and the Irish for the way they treated Margaret Thatcher. SHE GOT THINGS DONE, MAN.
Oh wow, if the film makes you feel sorry for her, then there's no way in hell I'm seeing it. Sorry Andrew! (Also, you're the only person I've met who likes it at all...)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017

That film must be the God of twisting history due to a bad political agenda.

Being angry at the English is one thing; but AT THE IRISH?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Eh, I have no desire to see The Iron Lady. Although I love Meryl Streep and believe she can bring any role to life, The Iron Lady is just something that I'm not interested in. I don't know much about Thatcher and by the reactions I've seen from the British people, the movie seems to be incredibly misinforming when it comes to Thatcher. I'd rather remain neutral about the movie than jump into the catfight I've seen around the internet/the real world, lol.

Years
For some reason I assumed that Margaret Thatcher was dead when I heard they were making a positive movie about her. Imagine my surprise.

I don't plan to see it. I wish they would stop making movies about famous British leaders.

Shining Raichu

Years
Pfft you all suck. And yeah Vendak, the Irish like, tried to bomb her at a hotel lol

I've been researching her ever since, and whether you agree or disagree with her politics (and I certainly disagree with a lot of her politics by virtue of her being a Conservative), there's no arguing with the fact that she was definitely a great and formidable woman, and that's the approach the movie took. Maybe the British are too close to the whole scenario to appreciate the movie for what it is. I'd just hate to see embitterment due to politics get in the way of what is seriously an amazing performance for which Meryl will hopefully win her third Oscar.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Pfft you all suck. And yeah Vendak, the Irish like, tried to bomb her at a hotel lol

With good reason... the IRA didn't reach it's height in the 80s for no reason. Maybe they should have included the Scots in this film too.

It's like someone making a film about Stalin, and solely focusing on how his economic plans helped bring Russia to the superpower it was; whilst simultaneously ignoring the fact how much of the population suffered under his regime.
ofc Stalin is way more extreme, but damn. Yeah Thatcher got things done, and that was simply because she didn't care about how many people she hurt in the process.

Personally I'd much rather see a film revolving around the people that suffered during the Thatcher years.

I quite liked the title of this artcile, Margaret Thatcher movie The Iron Lady is best approached as fiction.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
Well if you want to approach it as fiction then that's fine. I'm not English, I didn't live under the Thatcher government (though they did not leave out her willingness to sacrifice others to get what she wanted) so in the end I can't talk about the events of the movie with any sort of authority.

But the movie was great, and Streep's performance was powerful and amazing. That's all I'm saying.

Shining Raichu

Years
I personally love the whole British leader genre - I've found it fascinating every time! Though to be honest the only ones I've seen were The Iron Lady and The Queen, but I really loved them both.

Years
Does anyone know some good samurai/ninja movies? I've seen the Last Samurai and 13 Assassins, so something like those would be great.

The best one, by far, is Ran, by Akira Kurosawa. Oscar nominated, won 3 of the, etc. It's very, very good. Interestingly enough, it's also a parable ofShakespeare's King Lear, too.

Shining Raichu

Years
Top Gear just came on TV and my father said "Now this is cultured television!"

I either want to kill myself or him. I'm not sure which yet, but I'll let you know beforehand either way.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Granted, he may have been watching reruns of Who wants to be a millionaire or whatnot beforehand given that cricket match ended early. That'll make anything else look better. =p

Shining Raichu

Years
I actually don't remember what we were watching beforehand, but nothing is bad enough to make that comment OK :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back