• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
OHHHHHH yea I just spammed it with -ara magics and summonings :I sorry for not uderstanding, the bottom half of anima is wormlike and it covers its face with its fists before demolishing you.

And Evrae still gives me trouble even though I've played through that poit on multiple occassions, it is one of the harder bosses because of it's poison and dark effects and my firm disbelief in items.

The key with Evrae is to keep the ship away from him. Let Cid use up the missiles, and then it will use a sky attack. You can't pull out anymore, so focus on having Rikku use Al Bhed potions and keep Auron there with one of your other stronger characters. Have them attack as much as they can, and if needed use your overdrives.

This is the strategy that helped me beat him. I agree that he's a huge pain in the rear. DX

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
The key with Evrae is to keep the ship away from him. Let Cid use up the missiles, and then it will use a sky attack. You can't pull out anymore, so focus on having Rikku use Al Bhed potions and keep Auron there with one of your other stronger characters. Have them attack as much as they can, and if needed use your overdrives.

This is the strategy that helped me beat him. I agree that he's a huge pain in the rear. DX

Yea I usually use Kimahri or wakka (by far my least favorite character in any game), Lulu, and Rikku for that battle because Rikku and Lulu both have magic to attack from afar and then I send Kimahri down Rikku's path so he gets steal and use and all that so he can toss out grenades and then Wakka hits it with a ball....yea....

Haha, for some reason my roommate hates Auron and in his recent playthrough refused to level him up unless he absolutely had to. I always thought Auron was pretty badass too and I like using him, but my roommate's Auron was SO pathetically weak from underuse. It made all the scenes where Auron does something cool, or makes a threat of sorts, sooo funny because they were so empty on his file. Now whenever I see anyone talking about how cool Auron is, all I can think of is how lame his Auron was and I laugh. :(

Oh nooooo I completely forgot about Evrae. >< I HATED that boss when I was younger and I am not looking forward to it this time. Nooo...

That's so disappointing :( I loved Auron from beginig to end because for one he was never scared of sin and just lifted Tidus up and was like "time to go kid up into this giant demo thing that could easily kill you if your daddy lost control" and then second I like his overdrives and chill demeanor

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
That's so disappointing :( I loved Auron from beginig to end because for one he was never scared of sin and just lifted Tidus up and was like "time to go kid up into this giant demo thing that could easily kill you if your daddy lost control" and then second I like his overdrives and chill demeanor
I agree. :(

Although I remember thinking Auron was a lot cooler the first time I saw him because I thought he was disabled? Or was wearing a sling and was injured or something? And then in the cutscene where he helps fight in Luca, he just casually slips it out of the jacket and uses it no problem. I was so confused. I actually just looked it up now because I realized that to this day I had no idea why he was designed that way. Apparently the gesture is a reference to rōnin—samurai who refused to commit ritual suicide after their lord's death—which is obscure enough in the West that it still made no sense to me now, haha.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I agree. :(

Although I remember thinking Auron was a lot cooler the first time I saw him because I thought he was disabled? Or was wearing a sling and was injured or something? And then in the cutscene where he helps fight in Luca, he just casually slips it out of the jacket and uses it no problem. I was so confused. I actually just looked it up now because I realized that to this day I had no idea why he was designed that way. Apparently the gesture is a reference to rōnin—samurai who refused to commit ritual suicide after their lord's death—which is obscure enough in the West that it still made no sense to me now, haha.

I kind of thought the same. O_o I think it makes him look really bad ass. XD

Anyway, I ended up restarting my game. D: I kinda don't really want to though, but all this talk about the overdrives makes me want to try again and see for myself.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I kind of thought the same. O_o I think it makes him look really bad ass. XD

Anyway, I ended up restarting my game. D: I kinda don't really want to though, but all this talk about the overdrives makes me want to try again and see for myself.

I wish I had a working copy of it still. :'( I have two copies, one copy is the first one I got so it's like all scratched up since I didn't used to take care of my games and left my systems on all night so all of the cutscenes either skip, freeze or don't work at all and I can't start new games on it. Then my other copy of it which I got 7 months ago for like 10 bucks (which made me extremely happy) is lost somewhere, I'm thinking my ex-stepdad stole it from me since he likes JRPGs as much as I do.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I wish I had a working copy of it still. :'( I have two copies, one copy is the first one I got so it's like all scratched up since I didn't used to take care of my games and left my systems on all night so all of the cutscenes either skip, freeze or don't work at all and I can't start new games on it. Then my other copy of it which I got 7 months ago for like 10 bucks (which made me extremely happy) is lost somewhere, I'm thinking my ex-stepdad stole it from me since he likes JRPGs as much as I do.

I never took care of mine either. D: That's why I was happy about the remastered versions.

Also, on the topic of what Erica said about Auron and her friend... I hardly ever used Kimhari. I neglected him because to be honest, I didn't like him much. :/ I leveled up all my characters accept for him. It was kind of sad really.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I never took care of mine either. D: That's why I was happy about the remastered versions.

Also, on the topic of what Erica said about Auron and her friend... I hardly ever used Kimhari. I neglected him because to be honest, I didn't like him much. :/ I leveled up all my characters accept for him. It was kind of sad really.

Now that I have to pay for most all of my video games I keep them in the cases and for my 360 I put the disc on the system so it does't strain anything too much. the way I used to store my games was I had like 7 cd books that could hold like 50 or so cd's but I think that was a bad idea because they were like a hard plastic or something and it scratched the games that I never played too so when I did want to play it for some reason I couldn't.

Ronso are only good for blitzball. My first time playing I hardly ever used Yuna because I was all about attacking physically and anything else sucked so I didn't really consider using her or Aeons until about the time I got to Macalania and got shiva.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
My first time playing resulted in using her too much. I relied on her aeons just to get the job done because I was so lazy about leveling up the sphere grid. In my first game on the remastered version, I leveled so much that I think I may have overleveled the sphere grid, especially Rikku who knows all of Lulu's spells. XD

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Haha yeah pretty much every time I've played since then I try to really level up Yuna and her Aeons so I can beat Belgemine without using the shield and boost stuff and riskig dying and I try to keep everyone around the same so that I can have a balanced team and use anyone for any enemy which results in some people being way to OP.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
So disappointed in you. You should spend an hour and a half or so running right around the save sphere trying to level or that ochu will be trouble

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Did you not learn the jecht shot? that makes that match a piece of cake.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
Nope. My coordination with games is really poor, so I can't keep up with the things he says at all. :/ I ended up losing as I always do. ._. But oh well, I'll probably spend hours leveling on the highroad. XD

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I couldn't even figure out how to get it before I got my laptop in 5th grade the I looked up all of the secrets.

I think I'm going to change the weekly topic into bi-weekly topic while we don't have many members so we can find something everyone wants to talk about

Topic: What do you think of New Game+ options? Should they put the option in more games? What would it consist of?

I think that New Game+ options are great. Playing most final fantasy games I always wanted to be able to start the journey again but not have to actually start completely from scratch. More Final Fantasy games should sport a New Game + option that could consist of new areas, new enemies, hidden or secret weapons, strengthened enemies, and bosses with new abilities or moves so it's not the same old same old.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I was big on the whole weapon customization so I would just buy or find a bunch of basic weapons with no special abilities and just try to increase their attack as much as possible ad put a sensor on it. I liked Auron's sword that I made, it had +15% +10% and +5% Attack power plus a sensor

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I tried doing that, but there was only so much I could do. ;w; I had a hard time using steal for one thing. D: I really need to try to pass Bevelle Temple right now. >< But I'm too busy working on my second game. XD

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Why do you have trouble with it? Have you been collecting the Al bhed primers too?

Back