• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Reina & Torres have been linked with surprise moves to Man Utd.

The Catalonian newspapers here are talking about getting Torres, Pedro and Villa together in Barcelona. But those rumours are as good as anybody else's.

Last edited:
Years

The Catalonian newspapers here are talking about getting Torres, Pedro and VIlla together in Barcelona. But those romours are as good as anybody else's.

Well even though Ibra will still probably move permananently to Milan, he is still contracted to Barcelona. If they move for Torres then they're just hogging all the talent. :(

Come to think of it, I can't remember any successful Spanish Man Utd players.

Years
If you ask me Torres should join a Dutch team, Wierd plan but its easier over there.

He's a world class striker, its easy for him anywhere. Being in a lower quality division would only damage his career.

If he doesn't really want to go to Man Utd then it would be nice for him to move back to Atletico.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Pique was a successful Spaniard at Man Utd....Just not much of his success came at Utd. I very much doubt Torres will end up anywhere other than Chelsea or Man City in England. Far more likely to se him at one of the other European super clubs.

Lol tTrres would score hattricks every game over in Holland, i mean i'm probably good enough to play over there. Remember the useless Middlesbrough striker Alves? He was amazing over in Holland, terrible here.

As for my team, Norwich. Still sitting in the top 6 even after a 3 - 1 loss to Cardiff on the weekend.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I very much doubt Torres will end up anywhere other than Chelsea or Man City in England. Far more likely to se him at one of the other European super clubs.

Lol tTrres would score hattricks every game over in Holland, i mean i'm probably good enough to play over there. Remember the useless Middlesbrough striker Alves? He was amazing over in Holland, terrible here.
What about Manchester United? I don't know the possibilities, but I would love to see how he would do at Old Trafford.

Yeah. The Eredivisie has degraded a little since the golden days. And most of the good players set their sights on European Glory elsewhere. So yeah. That's the prospect for The Dutch Eredivisie.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Anything's possible but Manchester United are about are actually in a worse financial position than I am. I mean they're 700+million in the red atm. On top of that they're only just about managing to hold onto one superstar striker as it is.

Years
As for my team, Norwich. Still sitting in the top 6 even after a 3 - 1 loss to Cardiff on the weekend.

Your lot weren't too bad tbf. I think you'll be fighting for a play off place by the end of the season. Hoolahan took a nasty boot to the face after he headed it in.

Next up for us is the jacks, who are on good form themselves. It's also made all the more harder after Bothroyd got stupidly booked and suspended for 5 yellows.

Years
Pique was a successful Spaniard at Man Utd....Just not much of his success came at Utd.

Ah yes, Pique.

Alves was such a waste of money, even Lee Dong **** was better than him.

Norwich are in the premiership after back-to-back promotions on my FM 2010 now, the fact I gave them £500mil has nothing to do with it though.

Anything's possible but Manchester United are about are actually in a worse financial position than I am. I mean they're 700+million in the red atm. On top of that they're only just about managing to hold onto one superstar striker as it is.

Even though we are in lots of debt, we can still spend money. We spent £7mil on a not so long ago homeless person so the Glazers obviously still want to pump money into the club.

Ivysaur

Years
He's much too good for Bilbao. Also, unless I'm mistaken, he isn't Basque so they wouldn't sign him anyway.

Nah, you aren't mistaken, they aren't signing anybody outside of the Basque Country. May sound a self-imposed stupid limitation but hey, they have never been relegated. Their youth system must not be that bad.

Gabri

m8
Years

Nah, you aren't mistaken, they aren't signing anybody outside of the Basque Country. May sound a self-imposed stupid limitation but hey, they have never been relegated. Their youth system must not be that bad.

They have won La Liga not too long ago, if I'm not mistaken.

Good win for Manchester United. Glad it was more than one goal in the difference and Bebe scored again. Interesting.

Hehe, looks like Bebé is showing something now.

Lyon must be going through a large river of crap. They were losing 4-0 against Benfica who aren't playing 1/3 of what they did last year. The final result was 4-3, but hell, it's still bad.

Ivysaur

Years
I'm still amazed to see the attempted theft suffered by Madrid in San Siro. Honestly, Howard Webb should work as a gardener, I'm sure he'd do it a million times better than refereeing. The second Milan goal was offside by a couple of miles and half of the Italian team should have been sent off by halftime.
And yes, I hate Real Madrid, but this... this was pathetic. Seriously.

Meanwhile, Olympique Marseille murdered some Zilina guys by 7-0 o_o

Gabri

m8
Years
So awesomely nice. Sporting CP's out of the fight for the Championship title with only 10 matches out of 30 played. The point difference to the 1st placed is 13 already. And we had a major chance of grabbing the 2nd place this week due to FC Porto hammering the championship holders Benfica by 5-0(!!!!!) and we lost 2-3 against the team now placed in 2nd, with that same team turning a 2-0 into 2-3 in the last 15 minutes.

So awesomely nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back