• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Years
Today's episode... was very weird. That's not a bad thing though, it was just so strange to me, hah. Too bad Apple Bloom didn't learn a lesson and this episode could easily be skipped without any disturbance in her character :P

And whoot, new episode synposis! Sounds interesting. Makes me wonder if Spike ever will get any bigger.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Re: latest episode. To be honest, I really wish that the Cutie Mark Crusaders would just find their cutie marks and be done with it. I know that's pretty much their sole narrative purpose, but episodes where they keep trying to come up with something, fail, then learn a lesson about how things like this come organically can only go so far... and I hope this is the end of them. Presumably the characters are interesting enough to write for that story ideas can still happen after cutie marks have been established; I just hope this won't be left unresolved until the final episode... that's all.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I don't see that as a problem. Presumably they'll still be in storylines in the future, and hopefully they'll be better than the ones they're currently in: solely defined by their quest for cutie marks at the expense of other, more interesting, characteristics. But that's just my opinion...

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
I don't see that as a problem. Presumably they'll still be in storylines in the future, and hopefully they'll be better than the ones they're currently in: solely defined by their quest for cutie marks at the expense of other, more interesting, characteristics. But that's just my opinion...

Yeah, they'll be incorporated into the storyline better when they have cutie marks.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
Re: latest episode. To be honest, I really wish that the Cutie Mark Crusaders would just find their cutie marks and be done with it. I know that's pretty much their sole narrative purpose, but episodes where they keep trying to come up with something, fail, then learn a lesson about how things like this come organically can only go so far... and I hope this is the end of them. Presumably the characters are interesting enough to write for that story ideas can still happen after cutie marks have been established; I just hope this won't be left unresolved until the final episode... that's all.

I'm personally hoping that the CMC get their Cutie Marks at the end of the second season or early in the third season, after all, it's better that they recieve their Cutie Marks late than having them never get them at all.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
To be honest, this wasn't an incredibly remarkable episode, though I do admit it was amusing, as are all episodes. I've never really been one for CMC-based episodes, save for The Cutie Mark Chronicles, so yeah.

Besides that, however, two things stuck out.

One was Pinkie Pie freaking out at the end. That was amazing.

And the second was that background pony at the bowling alley (no idea if she's from The Big Lebowski) that someone's decided to name Allie Way (geddit?).
Spoiler:

So awesome... I think I might have a thing for Blue-maned, white coated ponies/unicorns.
Spoiler:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I noticed her too! xD;
Hopefully she becomes as big as the Season 1 Background ponies. :D
I also noticed Kid Derpy. Around 8:30 in the episode. o3o

By the way, I love that second picture. :DD

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
So awesome... I think I might have a thing for Blue-maned, white coated ponies/unicorns.
So do I. Just add pegasi to that list.

This fandom moves fast.

As for the episode, it was cute. I rather like that only one of the CMC is impatient to get her cutie mark, and that it's not the one I expected to be (Scoots).

I do agree with Jon (Mr Cat Dog) that the CMC are going to get stale if something different isn't done with them as a group. They can't keep learning that they have to wait for their cutie marks because that just gets old after a while. The individual episodes for them (like the Sisterhooves Social episode for Sweetie Belle and how she treated Zecora for Apple Bloom) are more interesting than just seeing the searching-for-cutie-marks thing. There could even be more to their friendship, showing how else they interact with one another.

It'll be interesting to see what's in the future for the CMC.

Episode ten sounds interesting, but Spike was my first favorite character on the show, so I'm already going to love the episode.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
When it comes to the Cutie Mark Crusaders, I think 'Sisterly Hooves Social' would actually be one of my favorite episodes that centers around one or more of them because it wasn't just focused on one or more of them looking for their Cutie Mark. So, I would have to agree. The CMC trying to find their Cutie Marks is cute, but I don't want them going at it for so long in which it because repetitive and redundant. It's like what was said above: one could only learn so many lessons about being patient and simply waiting for someone to come.

With that said, this episode was alright. It was a good episode, but I it didn't still show anything special. Like what was mentioned before; this episode could possibly have been skipped, and everything would be alright because there wasn't much character development. Of course, this episode did give us a new really nice background Pony, so everything has it's good sides, I suppose.

As for the new episode rumor, it sounds interesting. Spike seems to be a bit underrated when it comes to popularity, so it's nice seeing him get some scrteentime. I'm sure plenty of people are still waiting for their AJ, Fluttershy, and Pinkie episodes. In fact, Fluttershy hasn't shown up in the last two, and she didn't get much screentime in the Luna episode. I think out of the three who we haven't heard an episode for yet, AJ has gotten the most screentime. Especially in these past two episodes.

Houndour2005

Banned
Years
I think out of the three who we haven't heard an episode for yet, AJ has gotten the most screentime. Especially in these past two episodes.

I hope Applejack gets her own episode and country/western song.

Should Spike sing like he did in the old movie?

Years
>Old movie
>Bronies

People watched older movies of MLP? Wtf.

And Applejack HAS to get her own episode, she's almost worst pony for me (Worst is Twilight).

Magica

Miss Magic
Years
I hope Applejack gets her own episode and country/western song.

Should Spike sing like he did in the old movie?

Applejack is quickly becoming my second favorite pony, after Rarity. It would be awesome to hear her sing, I could only hope it be as bouncy as the Mane6 AJ theme.

And if Spike sang that would be amazing. I can only wonder if his voice will change due to his size?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
>Old movie
>Bronies

People watched older movies of MLP? Wtf.

Of course. If there weren't fans of the older MLPs, then the series and franchise probably would have ended before we got 'Friendship is Magic'. Don't put down the older series, because while they may not have been as great to you and to others, they are what led us to the series we see here today because others enjoyed it.

My favorite is Applejack, so I would love to hear her sing. Rainbow Dash would be nice to hear as well, because her solo was simply amazing in 'At the Gala'.

It would make sense for his voice to change. But we'll have to see when the episode arrives.

Last edited:
Back