• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

<3Hoenn Pokemon Fan Club!<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Username: Seraphimon-sama
Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir
Pokemon Nickname: Benihime
Reason for joining
:
Most of my favorite Pokemon are native to Hoenn.On the current topic: My favorite shiny sprites would be: Gardevoir, Rayquaza, Latias, Blaziken.

BroskiRage

neatest kid
Years
username: BroskiRage
Partner Pokemon: Mudkip
Pokemon Nickname: TheBro
Reason for joining: well my first ever pokegame was ruby took me a year to beat it (i was young) then i got emerald i beat that one in like a few months
Answer the current topic! Why is Mudkip your favorite? I always choose this starter everytime i play a ROM or ROM hack that has him in it (and it was easy to beat steven in ruby)

What is your favorite Shiny Hoenn sprite?

i would like to say Gardevoir, and Rayquaza

What is your favorite Shiny Hoenn sprite?

i would like to say Gardevoir, and Rayquaza

Last edited:

MelchiorFlyer

Flygon
Years
*Facepalm*
Seraphimon-sama your entry is invalid. Partner Pokemon must be a starter. I'm very sorry.

Doesn't anyone read the rules? ugh. Anyways, does anyone want to join the contest? We have to contestants already. Spriters and artists are welcome. The prize is you get to come up with a club stamp.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years

JirachiSantaHatAccessory.png

CO-OWNER!
Yes I am now the official co-owner, since I'm always active I can help to manage this place.

Well, it's been around a week and I already talked to Checkers about this sooo... NEW TOPIC!!!
The New Topic is: What is it about Hoenn Pokemon that you think makes them unique?
Also, everybody please, the contest is over but I'm the only entry sooo... please enter, the contest will be extended to Jan 15th to give you time to make your picture. Sooo... I'm considering contacting any members to see if they're still active, it might be because the topic hasn't changed in while :P Anyways, I know some people seem to want starters other than Mudkip, Torchic and Treecko but I'm guessing that by Mono starter 1000 pts, she means you get a starter other than the 3, so just post Post POST! I'm not all that sure how we gain points, actually I'll talk to Checkers about it, I'm thinking that replying to the topic should give 100 (we should fix the points system) and for participation in events, maybe 200? And more if you place (1st, 2nd, 3rd) so maybe make this more fun. Anyways, to answer the question. I believe that it's that their style is so different since GF was first making these new images after the 8 bit generation (I, II) also how they had new ideas for them like Chimecho being unique, I feel it got a little more EXTRA EVOLUTIONS! in Gen IV (Sinnoh, not Johto) and in Gen V, it was more bland though also more unique like 50/50. Gen III seems to have had a different story, therefore different sprites. Anyways, I want to ask you a question fellow members (if you've read up to here) what do you want to see in the club, any changes, add-ons, etc? This is a list of what I want to see, though am not expecting.

Points System Fixed
Each Post, 100; Events 200; Place 1st 500, 2nd 400, 3rd 300; etc.

Points Prizes
Maybe accumulate rather than checkpoint (accumulate: pile up like money, checkpoint: you hit it and it's yours!)
It'll make it so people want to post more rather than when they finally hit ___ and are done.

Topic Delay
How often we change topic, I'm thinking half a week for a short topic, maybe a week+ for a heated debate.

These are just a few but I do want to liven up the club, so under my watch you will not be bored! I will try to keep things active here. I feel like having a Random Point Throwout (RPT) where on New Years, everyone gets 200 free points which should get people to want to get more and post. So as an ending note, please post, please join the contest, tell us what you want to see, and more. Thank you all, goodbye!

~Sincerely
PikakittenX, The Hoenn Region Pokemon Fan Club's Co-Owner!

Any questions, contact me (VM, preferably unless personal) or Checkers.

Last edited:

rainerman3

The Guy With THE Aura
Years
What is it about Hoenn pokemon that you think makes them so unique?:
I love them becuase they look so tropical and they are the first pokemon I ever saw, nope not any of the Kanto or Johto pokemon, Hoenn pokemon. Oh and btw I'm not joining the contest but good luck to those that join. ^^ And PikaKitten? It was really hard to read what you wrote because of the red wall and white text, I was squinting my eyes. xD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Username: LilJz1234
Partner Pokemon: Torchic
Pokemon Nickname: Chiclet
Reason for joining: I love Hoenn and it's tropical regions
Favorite Hoenn Shiny Sprite: I can't really tell since I never really encountered or bred a shiny in any Hoenn game :(

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
254.gif
257.gif
260.gif

UPDATE!
Oh whoops, sorry Rainer. Fixed it.
Anyways, if we do change the points system this is what we'll be at currently

Owner: Checkers_Albino_Umbreon Kandi 100 (2nd topic)
Co-owner: Pikakitten Drop 200 (2nd and 3rd)
Avishka Muddystars 300 (1st topic, 2nd and 3rd!) You're in the lead! xD
rainerman3 Trek 200 (1st topic and 3rd)
Curtis Talli Aston 100 (2nd topic)
OnchoPoncho 100 (2nd topic)
CobaltChrome Zirc 100 (2nd topic)
glitchguy Tsunami 200 (2nd topic and 3rd)
PeanutButterGamer 100 Emburr (2nd topic)
BroskiRage TheBro 300 (1st topic, 2nd and 3rd) Techincally it was an accident for 1st but meh. Now you're even with Avishka
LilJz1234 Chiclet (2nd topic)? We're on the 3rd actually, so if you answer it you'll get 100 more, 200 total.
Gerokunz Kazuki 200 (2nd topic and 3rd)

And this is what I'm thinking for the rewards system.
500 points, Evolution
1000 points, Pokeballs (1000 is normal, 1500 is great, 2000 is ultra, 2500 is any other ball and 3000 is master) (Every now and then, if Checkers approves of this, we'll send out a random VM where a wild battle is initiated and if you have one you can ATTEMPT to capture it)
1500 points, A new starter, not one of the 3 (Mudkip, Torchic, Treecko) (4000 for legendary)
2000 points, Promotion (Member: Posts; Super Member: Can pitch ideas to us (contests, new features, rewards, etc) Awesome Member: Recieves a VM for when there's a new topic; Top Notch Member: Get's all those things and can change topics (every 2-4 topics so then the 2500 points will be worth something sometimes))
2500 points, Can host one event or change topic once.

Anyways, that'll be all, still waiting for approval from Checkers but I'm pretty sure it'll be a yes.

~Sincerely
PikakittenX, Co-owner and Devout Member of the Pokecommunity

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Username: Gerokunz
Partner Pokemon: Mudkip
Pokemon Nickname: Kazuki
Reason for joining: Well, I just bored, and nothing to do, I think joining this club is good idea. And I love Hoenn 'mon because they're adorable. :D
Answer the current topic!
My favorite Shiny Sprite is Mudkip, I have never seen Purple Water 'mon. :D
And current topic, I don't know, I just like 'em. :) Adorable, cute, cool.

And hey Checkers. Can I use Shiny Torchic with candle for the contest? :)

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
congratz on becoming the co-owner pikakitten!! :D
What is it about Hoenn pokemon that you think makes them so unique?
they are cool and amazing and hoenn is one of my fave region :D
starters are also very cute <3

Anyways a fact about Hoenn ~
  • Hoenn is the only region in the handheld games to have more than one villainous team, with both Team Aqua and Team Magma calling the region home.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014

Well since Hoenn is a Tropical region the pokemon there are vibrantly coloured and are different from one another.Its just awesome that every one of them are unique in their own way.

BroskiRage

neatest kid
Years
topic: What is it about Hoenn Pokemon that you think makes them unique?

I think the Hoenn were actually based on nature (tell me if im wrong) not like Kantos which was based on monsters and Johtos pokemon were based on mythology.

And its the cool looking pokemon next is sinnoh

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2012
Username: eeveebud
Partner Pokemon: Torchick
Pokemon Nickname: Leo if male Linda if female
Reason for joining: I really like the hoenn region and its pokemon a lot. So i figured Wynaut?
Answer for topic: Hoenn pokémon have really nice movesets,and all of the sprites are so charming. Not to mention magikarp...

Years

Definitely their colors and designs! As some people said already, Hoenn is a tropical region, so we got a lot of colorful Pokemon to fit that theme. The designs were pretty unique overall! That and so many great features were introduced in the third gen, such as natures and double battles~

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
What is it about Hoenn pokemon that you think makes them so unique? Mostly their tropical traits is what differs them from the Pokemon from the other regions :)

MelchiorFlyer

Flygon
Years
I haven't been around for a while, so. HELLO HOENN LOVERS!!!

We currently have a BUNCH of new members, and I welcome you all!

@Gerokunz, You may use a shiny Torchic with a candle. :) Thank you for joining. :P

And finally, I'll answer the topic:

They are so tropical and pretty! This may be the cutest region EVER!!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Username: Wind Heart
Partner Pok
émon: Treecko
Pok
émon Nickname: Foretta (a female Treecko)
Reason for joining: I love Hoenn, the first region I ever visit in Pok
émon world.
What is it about Hoenn Pok
émon that you think makes them so unique?: Their shadings looks so colorful!

MelchiorFlyer

Flygon
Years
I am joining the contest. Flygon with a String of Lights. Here he is!
npjog9.jpg

Ain't he Cute? I would save in .png but my really really old computer won't allow it. Trust me, I've tried everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back