• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] ✨ The Fairy Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
[a id]Back To Top[/a id]
gallery_header_05_edited-1_zps4c1ce1ad.png
tumblr_lt6atrVP7I1ql1l0v.gif

tumblr_inline_mv2holPJ6c1qid2nw.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfdgm0gwe1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfddvYW1k1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfdf5KG6h1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfddmqIvT1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfdfkgupg1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfdfayajB1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfddvYW1k1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mv2hopso0T1qid2nw.gif

tumblr_lxt16jEuuG1r4s90a.gif

Hi there, and welcome to my fairy garden; aka the art alchemist gallery. I've been drawing for the better part of my entire life, which is a pretty long time. However, I only began to draw on a real professional level for the past couple of years. My real artistic career began when I first accepted an apprenticeship at a local tattoo parlor. This swiftly developed into low level game design, character design, commissions, animation, and pixel art, among many other artistic endeavors I seek when my pen is not to paper. I'd like to think my talents are varied, and range from the oil paints to graphic design, and everything in between.

This gallery, although just a small portion of the art I actually do, is a small bite of the cake. I hope you all can enjoy this small glimpse into the thing I love to do most. However, before you get going, let me do my artist thing. I do not own Pokemon. All of these drawings and the characters within them are mine unless stated otherwise. You may not use any of these drawings without my permission. I can and will take small requests, but I encourage you to post in the DCC to get some other opinions first. Do not post requests in my gallery; either VM or PM me. Critiques and comments are always appreciated.​

Thank you and enjoy! ♥

-
tumblr_lsbc3l0VC71ql1l0v.gif

gallery_title_01_zps80339144.png
-
tumblr_inline_mvmwvp1eXf1qid2nw.gif

tumblr_lotss4JqDH1qhh19q.gif
pokemon_sprites_02_zps7e78e663.png
bowopposite1_zps245e438c.png

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

wild_pokemon_01_zpsa622a2b6.png

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

hhmm_01_zpsde1df1c3.png

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

pokemon_battle_01_zps7cd33a39.png

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

alt_y_fly01_zpsbe5ba6bc.png

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

ms_kyle_01_zps7ff2ed42.png

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

pokemon_wallpapers_01_zps4af400b9.png

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

dominic-01_zpsa306dcf1.png

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

florges_goodra_01_zps0bcbdeef.png

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

rpd_01_zpsaf0a4f14.png

Spoiler:

tumblr_m2swzzOMXb1r7y61oo1_100.gif

-
-

tumblr_m8ftoakrTE1r7nk4k.gif
tumblr_m8ftoakrTE1r7nk4k.gif

gallery_title_03edit_zps8688f7fe.png
-

bon voyage

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

dragon

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

snow & cherries

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

at the hop

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

red witch of hameln

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

diamond point

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

samurai x

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

mother nature

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

california girl

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

non-pokemon sprites
tumblr_m76iaj5ujf1ql2gz1.gif

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

gifs & animated things

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

ac:nl QR codes

Spoiler:

1855758mf6u86e7iz.gif

icons

Spoiler:

tumblr_m2swzzOMXb1r7y61oo1_100.gif

-
-

tumblr_lt6atrVP7I1ql1l0v.gif

tumblr_inline_mv2holPJ6c1qid2nw.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfdg8CIY11qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfdenp43l1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfddd0tQX1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfdfePKvQ1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfdf1lR6i1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfdgvKXja1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfdfkgupg1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mnfdgdcLL11qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mv2hopso0T1qid2nw.gif

tumblr_m4pqr5wOrJ1qid2nw.gif

tumblr_m4pqeu1rwi1qid2nw.gif
Special thanks to abnegation, Patrick, Dante, Peitharchia, xxkaylabby, Zissou, & moments.

I don't really use it though

tumblr_m4pqovKNlT1qid2nw.gif
Special thanks to thepixelgarden, pixel dreams, & jasmine feng

[alink id=Back To Top]
tumblr_m4pqk4YWDW1qid2nw.gif
[/alink id]

tumblr_inline_mlypqgvmfn1qz4rgp.gif

© Fairy 2011 - 2014
tumblr_lxt16jEuuG1r4s90a.gif

-
tumblr_lsbc3l0VC71ql1l0v.gif

-

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Oh man so many more art pieces I haven't seen before plus the amazing art you did to bring my characters to life! I love them all so much. Excellent job!

Cid

Years
I love your work! It was definitely a good decision to take a peek at your art thread because you're really good at what you do. I just know that you've been doing this for so long. ;D I love the Pokémon related drawings especially! Some of my favorites would be these three lovely pieces. Also loving the girl in a kimono piece as well as Luke's characters in your own style. :)

One minor thing I should comment about though is that sometimes the eyes look weird (Yanma's and Sewaddle's here, also Shuppet's and Rotom's here), as well as some of the body parts (like Gallade's right arm here), but I think the ones I pinpointed are dated artworks though, because I don't see those problems in your other good-looking drawings. If that is the case, then you have improved a lot! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your drawings, especially now that you're going to get an actual computer to use for design software soon. Keep up the good work! :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh man so many more art pieces I haven't seen before plus the amazing art you did to bring my characters to life! I love them all so much. Excellent job!

Haha, thanks! I can't wat to do more work with you. I promise I'll actually be around to do it! :x

I love your work! It was definitely a good decision to take a peek at your art thread because you're really good at what you do. I just know that you've been doing this for so long. ;D I love the Pokémon related drawings especially! Some of my favorites would be these three lovely pieces. Also loving the girl in a kimono piece as well as Luke's characters in your own style. :)

One minor thing I should comment about though is that sometimes the eyes look weird (Yanma's and Sewaddle's here, also Shuppet's and Rotom's here), as well as some of the body parts (like Gallade's right arm here), but I think the ones I pinpointed are dated artworks though, because I don't see those problems in your other good-looking drawings. If that is the case, then you have improved a lot! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your drawings, especially now that you're going to get an actual computer to use for design software soon. Keep up the good work! :D

You guessed correctly! I've been drawing for a very, very, very long time. xD

Thanks for pointing out the funny eyes lol. They are pretty derpy (without meaning to be, I mean. I don't necessarily have to *try* to make Sewaddle look funny, you know?). But yeah, their pretty dated- so I hope I've improved since then! Tbh, I don't even think my Pokemon pieces are my strongest, but I have the most fun drawing them so I keep doing it. Funny, you mention Gallade too. My Gallade started out as a test of perspective, with really heavy closeups and major contrast with shading. But as I continued to work on it, Raichu, Scizor, and Reuniclus sort of popped in there spontaneously-- with less perspective than Gallade. Imo, Gallade's arm looks weird because nothing else in the picture seems to adhere to the same degree range. It's arm just looks... detached.

But I'm working on a Nidoking/Eelektross/Escavalier/Noctowl piece now that's very similar. I'd love to hear your opinion on that one!

Thanks so much for the comments! I really appreciate everyone's opinions and praise. I plan on updating as often as possible, but I tend to be pretty slow with working on stuff that I have pride in, I guess like everyone lol ;)

Reactions: Cid

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
You know, I've been wanting to comment on your gallery for a long time now but, for some reason, the images won't load. Now that they finally showed up, all I'm gonna say is - I'm in awe. Seriously, your pokemon drawings are amazing. Rarely have I seen an artist draw pokemon so nicely. I really like this one. Love it, actually.

But I think you can improve a bit as far as your non-pokemon drawings are concerned. I'm no expert, but my untrained eye can spot some problems with eyes like Cid did and see that there's something wrong with this character's waist (all the other parts of the drawing are really good. The only weird part is the waist, at least to me). The facial expressions of some characters look a little odd as well. Like in this, this and this piece. Most of the faces in the last piece are drawn really well except for the guy with the broadsword. His looks really odd, for some reason. XP

But yeah, really a big fan of your stuff. Your anime stuff is really nice, apart from the pokemon drawings. Keep it up! :]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
You know, I've been wanting to comment on your gallery for a long time now but, for some reason, the images won't load. Now that they finally showed up, all I'm gonna say is - I'm in awe. Seriously, your pokemon drawings are amazing. Rarely have I seen an artist draw pokemon so nicely. I really like this one. Love it, actually.

But I think you can improve a bit as far as your non-pokemon drawings are concerned. I'm no expert, but my untrained eye can spot some problems with eyes like Cid did and see that there's something wrong with this character's waist (all the other parts of the drawing are really good. The only weird part is the waist, at least to me). The facial expressions of some characters look a little odd as well. Like in this, this and this piece. Most of the faces in the last piece are drawn really well except for the guy with the broadsword. His looks really odd, for some reason. XP

But yeah, really a big fan of your stuff. Your anime stuff is really nice, apart from the pokemon drawings. Keep it up! :]

A bit of a long post~~~

If you ever have problems viewing my gallery and it doesn't correct itself, you can always go to my albums and view them there-- so long as those images load! xD

Thanks so much! I'm so glad you like my Pokemon pieces! As I said before, I often don't think that my Pokemon drawing are my strongest, but they seems to at least be in demand! And thank you for the critique! I've received some excellent advice from a lot of you here and I'll be sure to keep them all in mind as I continue to work.

As for my Kratos piece, that guy is.. well, a little jacked up and I don't mean that figuratively. xD But allow me to give you a touch of background on this one. I did a three piece trifecta of video game characters combined with early artists as a project. For example, I did Ezio from Assassin's Creed with Raphael as a reference and Solid Snake with from Metal Gear Solid 4 with --undecided-- as a reference. Kratos became a combination of God of War III and Da Vinci, so the face is as close as I could get free hand to one of Da Vinci's anatomical studies of the face. (I'll post the stock photo long with the drawing to make it easier to notice) Since Kratos is already a very...... muscular character, I figured Da Vinci's work would be a great thing to reference from (that and I had just bought a great book on him!) So the face and the body are, granted, a little out of place. But it is deliberate because it's based more on muscular structures than the character itself, if that makes sense.

For everything else, I agree (especially with Luke's characters, while I like them they were a bit of a rush job because I really wanted to impress him!) and I thank you sincerely for your critique! I'm always looking to improve, so it really means a lot. I'm so glad I've been able to share my work with everyone here and I appreciate all of your support!

I'll be posting an update soon!

★~UPDATE~
Hey everyone! I've posted a few new things so go check them out! c:

Things To See : Well, all of it if you haven't, silly xP
But really : Pokemon Battle #2; Random Pokemon Doodles; and an update on my original Fables Character.

Side Note : I've received personal messages from a lot of you here, and I have to say that it really means a lot to me. I never imagined I'd get the kind of support I've gotten from all of you in such a short amount of time. You've all been so good to me and I've barely done a thing! @_@ Thank you all!

Enjoy

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I think your art is really good. In fact, I thought so when I first clicked in here a while back. Problem is, I have a hard time adding anything of value (as stated in another gallery, I don't like telling people how/what to draw unless there's a glaring error, or something I'm actually knowledgable about). I really want to leave a comment behind, though, if for no other reason than encouragement. So I came back today to post this. Sometimes, I think showing appreciation is enough without overly analyzing every detail to find something to pick at.

What I really like the most about your works, though, is that the lineart is very solid. Also, I think you do really well using traditional mediums. It takes a lot of practice to use markers effectively, for example, without it turning out very blotchy.

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Yeah, I think it is totally alright for people to show they appreciate one's stuff through their posts. You probably hesitated a bit owing to the fact that the rules state that posts like the one you posted above come under the category of spam since they add nothing of value. But I think posting posts where you appreciate a user are okay. But yes, I would like it if you picked specific works of the user and commented as to WHY you like them. I know a person can like everything - as is the case with you. In that case, you can just post what are the characteristic features of her art that appeal to you so much. If you actually like her works, I'm sure you'll have no problem telling us why you like them.

Frankly speaking, as I see it, this post could be almost considered spam just because you did not state WHY you like her works so much. Liking stuff is fine, but answering WHY you do is important. I'll leave this post be for now. But I do hope you edit it out later and, in future, take care that you state why you like a specific work and elaborate a bit more. You don't have to be super detailed in your post - a simple "I like this work of yours because it looks great anatomically/has great colors/awesome pose etc" will do just fine!

--------

As for you, Alex, I actually think your Pokémon art are your strongest pieces. They actually look, at times, as good as those done by the original cartoonists. Aaand I don't think I ever mentioned Kratos in my previous comment, or did I? Seriously, I found that piece to be alright and couldn't really find much to say on it. :p But still, glad to hear the story behind it. :3 Why don't you post the Ezio and Snake pieces here, though? I'm a diehard fan of both so I'd really love to see them! :D

Out of your updates, I love Larvitar piece the most. Really like the coloring on it. Actually think it looks fine as is. But can't wait to see how much more you improve it using your digital art expertise. :D As for battle #2, I like how all of them have dynamic poses which work really well for a battle piece. Nidoking, if I recall correctly, was a little more detailed as a pokemon. Was it not? But yeah, you've probably a way to go before you complete the piece so I think you'll do all the little details later. Looking forward to how it'll look after completion. <3;

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Aaand I don't think I ever mentioned Kratos in my previous comment, or did I? Seriously, I found that piece to be alright and couldn't really find much to say on it. :p

lol I totally thought you meant Kratos when you said this:
Most of the faces in the last piece are drawn really well except for the guy with the broadsword. His looks really odd, for some reason. XP

But hey, I'll totally take a compliment / critique whenever I can get one! Your comments are appreciated nonetheless! :>

And I'd love to post my Snake/Ezio pieces! As soon as I'm happy with the final product, they'll be the first things I post. I'm sort of contemplating mediums now, tbh. I bought myself a mess of new supplies this holiday season and I'm going through a gray phase right now. Kratos can pull off being in pencil because he's a touch monochromatic anyways.. but I really feel like Snake deserves something more stylized rather than realistic -- somewhat as a departure from my Kratos drawing, partially to give honor to Kojima. That and I still have to decide on a reference artist for him! But my biggest obtacle for my Ezio piece is the background and tying to capture its.. well.. majesty.

btw, totally awesome to know there's some serious MGS fans out there besides me!
UGH PHANTOM PAINklms;ansljkbvn slfdjn

And thank you, dbp, for including that you like my line work! It's definitely a difficult skill to learn and maintain throughout a piece (I mean, check out the bottom of Escvalier's shell... yeah.. :x kinda botched that bit). I find it helps the most when I really break my lines into sections and do it over a long period of time so long that I often don't ever finish the piece but whatevs. But really, thank you for your comments and your encouragement! No matter how small or grand, a compliment can be the best thing for any kind of artist, seasoned or otherwise! Let me also mention real quick; thanks for supporting the Art Section with your activity. I haven't been around long in this section, but you've made some very strong reviews of some people's works. I think that's very mindful of you! ;]

Be on the lookout for more updates everyone! I have some fakemons in the wind that may or may not end up here! :o

Reactions: Cid
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
★~UPDATE~
Hey everyone! It's a small update, but an update nonetheless! xD

Thing To See : Unnamed Piece #3! Remember everyone, I'm taking suggestions for all the unnamed (or poorly named-- this is up to your discretion) pieces I've posted. Also, for Unnamed Piece #3, I'm considering throwing a Pokemon / Pokeball / Egg in there. Who do you think would work? Is there anything you'd like to see? Or should I leave her as is?!

Side Note : I'm hoping to post some more doodles again later. I have lots of work to get done for one very important person (who I know is reading this while contemplating whether or not to terrorize my VM with partially insulting but mostly hilarious messages about the way I smell! >_O). So be on the lookout for more double posts! xD

Enjoy

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I'd leave her as is. I think you'd get more out of a piece by not shoehorning in a Pokemon, or any licensed character at that if it's not necessary. The more original work you have to display, the better off you'll be in the long run.

That is, unless you're just drawing as a hobby. Then I guess it really doesn't matter what direction you take it in in the long run. But either way, I'd personally keep them out of unnamed piece #3. I just really feel like adding anything else will clutter the picture, when there's already a good central focus there already.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
★~UPDATE~
Hey everyone! Here is the official first art related post of 2013 and a moderate update at that! I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year.

Thing To See : Altaria and Flygon in the Pokemon Edition, an update of Unnamed Peice #3, and more in Random Pokemon Doodles!

Side Note : Happy 2013 everyone! Thanks for viewing!

Enjoy

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i love all of your artwork. i believe you posted a thread before with the pokemon artwork.
my favorite is the gliscor since you have different levels of shadings which makes it have a 3D looking affect. i love it(:
on your new drawings with the people i love all of the details! some of the drawings have weird proportions though like with the heads and bodies. idk that just might be me! can't wait to see more artwork.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
i love all of your artwork. i believe you posted a thread before with the pokemon artwork.
my favorite is the gliscor since you have different levels of shadings which makes it have a 3D looking affect. i love it(:
on your new drawings with the people i love all of the details! some of the drawings have weird proportions though like with the heads and bodies. idk that just might be me! can't wait to see more artwork.

Thank you! And actually no, I haven't posted a thread here before, but with such nice comments I wish I had! n_n;;

You know, the more I post my art here the more I realize that my Pokemon drawings are actually stronger than my other drawings. I always thought that I put more detail and work into the people, maybe just because they take me longer.. whereas my Pokemon drawings tend to just be over elaborated doodles with little to no investment on my part. I think I'm going to start really putting in the effort into my Pokemon doodles that they deserve, since everyone here seems to like them! xD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
★~UPDATE~
....kinda! Okay, so this isn't a true update.. but this is just too good to ignore! With the generous help of xxkaylabby, I have produced an entirely revamped gallery! All credit and my everlasting adoration goes to xxkaylabby who poured her heart and soul into making this thread even better! Thank you!

Thing To See : Well, the new title duh. No but really, Bug / Ghost Pokemon, Altaria and Flygon, and Pokemon Battle #1 have all been edited slightly to make them easier to see. In my Other Works, Unnamed Piece #1, Dragon, and Unnamed Piece #3 all received the same treatment.

Side Note : I'm going to be posting Unnamed Piece #4 later today, so keep an eye out for it! A cookie goes to anyone who can identify the secret theme.

Enjoy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
★~UPDATE~

Thing To See : "Keldeo and Shaymin" and "Girl with Pokemon" - title pending. And a bunch of new stuff in "Random Pokemon Doodles". Also, all new CSS woo!

Side Note : Points go to anyone who can identify the secret theme of "Girl with Pokemon". Yes, I realize that the image is terrible, but you're not blind either! >_o Let me know if the CSS looks weird to anyone.. I was playing around and may have gotten carried away. If it doesn't look right for any reason, it's no supposed to so tell me lol

Enjoy

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
For some reason it took me a few pressings of the refresh button to get your pics to load, but it was worth the wait!

I find it difficult to contribute proper critiques to art galleries because beauty is subjective, plus I'm the last person who should be critiquing anybody. I am curious to see more color (holy cow @ you actually finishing a coloring with a trackpad o__o that is true dedication) I'm in love with that last one. You're so true to structure, it's very impressive; but you can stray away just enough to make a piece your own pikachu and Joltik stand out to me. It's the little things, you know?

I also wanted to e-high-five you for being so neat. That's an area I really struggle with :s

I can't wait to see how that last piece turns out :) Keep up the great work!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
For some reason it took me a few pressings of the refresh button to get your pics to load, but it was worth the wait!

I find it difficult to contribute proper critiques to art galleries because beauty is subjective, plus I'm the last person who should be critiquing anybody. I am curious to see more color (holy cow @ you actually finishing a coloring with a trackpad o__o that is true dedication) I'm in love with that last one. You're so true to structure, it's very impressive; but you can stray away just enough to make a piece your own pikachu and Joltik stand out to me. It's the little things, you know?

I also wanted to e-high-five you for being so neat. That's an area I really struggle with :s

I can't wait to see how that last piece turns out :) Keep up the great work!

T____________T;;

You have no idea how much I PINE over not having the tools to color or develop my own digital style. Trust me, I would if I could-- and yes, my pseudo-legend trackpad massacre was a labor of love, but it was also homicidally tedious and did not stem from the "warm and fuzzy" place one would assume art stems from. But, to the same token, I've always had a tendency towards more traditional arts. Ink is where I prevail, and grey and black has turned into my own amorphic comfort zone. Which needless to say is the same place I developed my clean line work because you cannot simply "undo". Still, I'd trade it all in for Photoshop (not really, but you get what I'm trying to say lol).

But yes, I try to be accurate to Pokemon as an institution, but still my own. I mainly just have fun-- which is precisely why that Pikachu and Joltik came to be in the first place. That's why I dedicated a little section to doodles, because sometimes my best work can be seen there, and sometimes the little things are just /better/. c:

e-highfive accepted! And most of all, thanks for the comments!! :3 And just keep working at it! As I mentioned before, my neatness came from a very vicarious relationship between paper and ink. So.. you know... draw more dangerously >;D

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
I always love to see people use colour pens and markers! It's an area I never go into any more, mostly because of the sheer difficulty with no undo buttons or colour correction options, haha. But you're doing it all really well!
Also loving your shading and lineart! While the style and technique are shifting nicely from picture to picture, your use of soft, thick lines and one-colour tones bring forth a nice dynamic in everything they're present in!

The "not clean"-ness of many of your drawings I think adds a great charm as well. In many cases, too smooth and clean lineart and colouring looks too emulated and plastic (I consider myself to have problems in this apartment), and digital art can suffer a lot from that. The natural feel of jaggedness and dirt, together with your skill in the traditional mediums, add up really nicely.

I look forward to seeing what else you can put together with those pens and markers! Especially when you get even better at creating believable 3D shading and dynamic angles (you clearly don't fall in the same-pose vortex that can be such an issue for many! <3 ).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I always love to see people use colour pens and markers! It's an area I never go into any more, mostly because of the sheer difficulty with no undo buttons or colour correction options, haha. But you're doing it all really well!
Also loving your shading and lineart! While the style and technique are shifting nicely from picture to picture, your use of soft, thick lines and one-colour tones bring forth a nice dynamic in everything they're present in!

The "not clean"-ness of many of your drawings I think adds a great charm as well. In many cases, too smooth and clean lineart and colouring looks too emulated and plastic (I consider myself to have problems in this apartment), and digital art can suffer a lot from that. The natural feel of jaggedness and dirt, together with your skill in the traditional mediums, add up really nicely.

I look forward to seeing what else you can put together with those pens and markers! Especially when you get even better at creating believable 3D shading and dynamic angles (you clearly don't fall in the same-pose vortex that can be such an issue for many! <3 ).

Awww thank you! n_n; That's so sweet of you to say! Especially because you're so staggeringly talented, it means so much coming from you. Of course, everyone in A&D is talented, but I have a special place in my heart for your work because it's exactly what I'd trade all of my material objects to be able to do.

I can't take *all* the credit, however. I've spent an obscene amount of money buying the best inking pens, copic markers, flex pens, and just inks in general to make my art as good as it can be. You guys probably don't know this.. but my boyfriend repairs vintage fountain pens in his spare time, so I have access to some of the finest materials in terms of Clairefontaine paper and things of that nature. Also, I'm not as devoid of coloring materials as I claim to be.. I own a crazy good airbrush and interned with one of the best graffiti artists on the northeast coast. I just consider myself lacking because I've been reduced to taking photos of my drawing because I don't have a scanner / photoshop. Like everything, these things come one at a time! :3

But I'm glad I've received such overwhelming support despite using traditional mediums! I don't necessarily believe that it requires more skill to work with pen and paper, but I think you said it best with the word, "charm". I've been drawing for the better part of two decades, and in my opinion, the point of any art (from literature to dance) is to evoke an emotion. So when my line work is detailed and smooth or textured and jacked, it's all to set a mood for the piece as a whole. I'm very glad you've picked up on that! :]

Anyway, enough of my rant. Thank you so, so much for the comments. I was about to say that you have no idea how great it is to hear such kind and motivational reviews but... you know exactly what that feels like lol. Nevertheless! I really appreciate it! I never really considered my art thread a kind of "portfolio", but maybe I should. Everyone here has been so nice and it really pushes me to draw more. So I'm proud to say that you can look forward to more realistic shading and dynamic angles from me! n_n;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back