• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Ok, given that you have three main gods of Greek mythology, you could model them off of the Kami trio if you wanted, and make them humanoid. Or, you could just go by animals or concepts that the Gods themselves represent.

Hades - Fire/Dark - Think the Balrog from the Lord of The Rings, The Three headed Dog Cerberus, or like a 'grim reaper' archetype.

Zeus - Electric/Flying - Zeus often took the form of an eagle or bull, and was the Sky God who wielded the famous Lightning bolt. Tauros/Braviary + Zapdos?

Poseidon - Water - Any kind of large fish or sea creature, really - Dolphins, especially. Could kind of conflict with Kyogre, though.

Exellent suggestions! Especialy the zeus thing. A fusion with those would certainly be unique. I personaly was thinking a lightning pegasus with horns etcs, but maybe a bird is the way to go.

Poseidon should also be distinctiveas a water legendary but yet unique. A dolphin certainly would be a new idea.

The hades as a grim reaper archetype is a little mixed bag for me. Yes the grim reaper represents death and is an easy to follow consept. But Im feeling a little worried about these humanoid type pokemons. I dont know. Maybe I just cant Imagine them well. :'D

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Yep that it great. The starters will be a horned devil grass/ground, a rabbit fire/dark duel personality pokemon and a albatross water/flying

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
You guys have some pretty nice ideas going on here!

I'm hungry to see some concept art. Lets get this thread out of theorizing and start drawing~ So, if no one minds, I'll start sketching on the Albatross water-starter?

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
You guys have some pretty nice ideas going on here!

I'm hungry to see some concept art. Lets get this thread out of theorizing and start drawing~ So, if no one minds, I'll start sketching on the Albatross water-starter?

Sounds good. Ill start thinking about naming ,pokedex entry and some sprites. (im not good at drawing)
How about this as an idea for the first stage evolution? (p.dex entry description or jus basic description)
Name: Aquatross, Aqualing (just an alpha stage name ill think better ones)
A small albatross hatchling not yet ready to fly. It dreams of soaring the skies.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
I love all these ideas. I will come up with a drawing for the Horned Devil Pokemon

Okay. Was it horned devil or horned devil lizard? Once I see some concepts Ill try to start making sprite art for them. Hmm. Ive figured some more names for the albatross and its evolutions. Tidetross, Surftross, Divetross, Trossking, Trossduke, Trossper, Trossling, Watross, Aedtross, Albatide, Albarion, Albacarie. So if any of those sound good to you fellas then tell. Also im thinking about throwing some descriptions of them (you know how they look) for inspiration or base for the artists. :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Yes it was I have drawn the first and second but working on the third. Just drafts Those names sound interesting. I like Trossling as the first evo starter name.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I have drawn them and will upload later :) I know 1 and 2 need differentiating from. Post ideas when I have uploaded them :)

I think we should make three Evee evolutions. Oreon the ground type. Jadeon the rock type and Metaleon the Steel type

Last edited:

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
I see. Hmm. My favourite types...I like the idea. Hmm. I guess this project is still so far 3-4 people project. Well that only means that we have more control over the project.
Hmm...I think we should start organising things a bit.
By the way how much critique can you take? I mean these kind of projects always get their share of critism.

Years
Ooh I want in on this! If no one minds can I try drawing up some concept art for the fire rabbit starter?

In terms of ideas, how about a silver deer based on Artemis? (water type perhaps?) And maybe a centaur or something with a bow for Apollo (and fire type)

Also something based on the Nemean lion, perhaps a golden lion that would be steel type (since its fur is impervious to mortal weapons)

Ooh also perhaps a mons based on the Stymphalian Birds (steel/poison since they have bronze beak and metallic feathers, and have poisonous dung apparenty)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ok, given that you have three main gods of Greek mythology, you could model them off of the Kami trio if you wanted, and make them humanoid. Or, you could just go by animals or concepts that the Gods themselves represent.

Hades - Fire/Dark - Think the Balrog from the Lord of The Rings, The Three headed Dog Cerberus, or like a 'grim reaper' archetype.

Zeus - Electric/Flying - Zeus often took the form of an eagle or bull, and was the Sky God who wielded the famous Lightning bolt. Tauros/Braviary + Zapdos?

Poseidon - Water - Any kind of large fish or sea creature, really - Dolphins, especially. Could kind of conflict with Kyogre, though.

Poseidon is also the God of Earthquakes so Water/Ground would be more fitting. An octopus or squid with a trident pitch top would be pretty cool as his pet is the Kraken (depending on what archtype stories you follow)

Ooh I want in on this! If no one minds can I try drawing up some concept art for the fire rabbit starter?

In terms of ideas, how about a silver deer based on Artemis? (water type perhaps?) And maybe a centaur or something with a bow for Apollo (and fire type)

Also something based on the Nemean lion, perhaps a golden lion that would be steel type (since its fur is impervious to mortal weapons)

Ooh also perhaps a mons based on the Stymphalian Birds (steel/poison since they have bronze beak and metallic feathers, and have poisonous dung apparenty)

Is this to be strictly Greek or are we just adding? I mean there are a ton of greek stories we can go off of, Jason and the Argonaughts, the trials of Hercules, Icarus, Perseus, Achellis, etc. There are a ton of Demi gods and other lesser known gods as well as the Titans and the Primodials we can use as well.

Your smaller triple legends can be based off the Muses or Furies too.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
These all sound like great ideas and no it is not just based off ancient Greek Mythology. Some things sre normal as well. Yes you can draw the fire rabbit Starter. It will be much appreciated.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Awesome ideas GolurkIsDaBomb and XanderO.
Go ahead Golurk! Its always great that someone wants to draw a first concept.
Just as a note to everyone: The ideas dont have to be based on Greek Mythology.
Oh by the way was there a boar in greece mythology? Ephesos Boar or something? I would want that to materialize. Perhaps grass, ground etc.

Back