• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Is Wailord really found by Surfing? Could swear I've fished one up before. :[ I don't wanna surf around for an hour with no results, so...

Wailord have like a 1% - 5% chance of appearing, so you'll be actually surfing for ages. >:( It took me a few day's to find one.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Is Wailord really found by Surfing? Could swear I've fished one up before. :[ I don't wanna surf around for an hour with no results, so...

Around 129 you can use the super rod to find one. It has a better rate than surfing, at around 15%, but you can also find level 40 Wailmer which is pretty much the same. Just level it up once. That's what I did ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Thanks guys. n_n; No need for the same question to be answered three times though... Anyway, what are some methods for hunting Lati@s? I haven't actually hunted it down in years, so I don't really have any set strategy as of right now, haha.

Perriechu

Years
Thanks guys. n_n; No need for the same question to be answered three times though... Anyway, what are some methods for hunting Lati@s? I haven't actually hunted it down in years, so I don't really have any set strategy as of right now, haha.

Well obviously you know that flying changes it's location. You can usually trap it in the Route east of Mauville, the water going across to the other route, and the latter route. <:

Just go from Mauville and the east route [You have to see the sign thing pop down] it'll change quite fast, just keep checking your pokedex. Eventually that Lati will be your's gurl. 8)

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
So I managed to catch a Feebas after three days of hunting.

And I've been giving it blue pokeblocks, but now it won't eat anymore? It isn't full Beauty either.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The nature has something to do with it, I think. I lucked out and got a Modest one my first time though. Try breeding new ones til you get something that likes dry food I guess? I'm rusty on this evolution method.

Perriechu

Years
You have to make the Pokeblock with certain berries, you know that you need to maxamize beauty yada yada yada. It must not have a hindering special attack nature, so it it has Impish, Jolly, Adamant, Careful nature it won't work.

Pamtre Berries are the best berries to use, they make Level 45+ Pokeblock. Wiki, Kelpsy, Hondew and Cornn berries make Level 23+ blocks. These are the best to use, anything else is rubbish.

Good luck on your voyage of Milotic stuff. 8)

Brendan859

Hoenn Champion
Years
Can someoone tell me a good way to catch Groudon/Kyogre in Emerald?

Should i paralyze them,make them sleep or freeze them solid?
What kind of Pokeball should I use?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Can someoone tell me a good way to catch Groudon/Kyogre in Emerald?

Should i paralyze them,make them sleep or freeze them solid?
What kind of Pokeball should I use?

Put them to sleep and have a Pokémon with False Swipe get them to 1HP. If you've got a lot of time on your hands, stall for 30 to 40 turns, then start chucking timer balls. If you don't want to do that, use ultra balls for Groudon and net balls for Kyogre.

Brendan859

Hoenn Champion
Years
Put them to sleep and have a Pokémon with False Swipe get them to 1HP. If you've got a lot of time on your hands, stall for 30 to 40 turns, then start chucking timer balls. If you don't want to do that, use ultra balls for Groudon and net balls for Kyogre.

Thanks!I'll try to catch them now and then tell you the results.

HeckYeahSeaking

Aqua Trainer-Wannabe
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
Could someone tell me a good pokemon for my sixth for Emerald like Wailord or Sharpedo or something? also I'd need a good team for Leafgreen.
On Emerald I plan on having Blaziken, Aggron, Flygon, Skarmory (or Rayquaza if I can catch it without the use of the masterball) and gardevoir.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Try Lanturn! It's a long wait, but it's a Water and an Electric type. I was about to recommend Manectric, but yeah, you do need yourself a Water type. lol If not Lanturn, Wailord is an excellent Pokemon. I've used one once and it was pretty nice~ Walrein is even better though. I strongly recommend it. And do you have any ideas for LeafGreen so far? Hard to recommend something when you have a blank slate.

HeckYeahSeaking

Aqua Trainer-Wannabe
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
Well for leafgreen I almost always pick Squirtle and I get the trade nidoran (Nidoking), Kabutops is awesome looking, and I might get a pidgeot (or one or more of the bird legendarys).
Other than that I'm blanking.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2011
Suicune

I can't find Suicune..

I have used the method of using max repels and running in and out of route 2 for 3 days now but it just won't work.

I used a cheat to relearn thunder wave to my Raichu once, could that be the reason it's gone?

When I spawn it with a cheat my pokedex won't show it's location.

I have beaten the Elite 4 and I also have the national Pokedex but I haven't completed the Sevii island quest fully yet

What should I do?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well for leafgreen I almost always pick Squirtle and I get the trade nidoran (Nidoking), Kabutops is awesome looking, and I might get a pidgeot (or one or more of the bird legendarys).
Other than that I'm blanking.

Sure you don't wanna give Charmander a try? Hm. I recommend Fearow over Pidgeot. Fearow learns better moves and has better stats. May not look as nice as the Pidgeot line, but I find it more useful. The legendary birds are definitely good to have as well, especially Articuno, considering Lance runs Dragon types. Ninetales and Magmar are also some decent Fire types you might wanna consider, unless you end up running Moltres, then that'd defeat their purpose. If you're able to trade, Machamp and Alakazam are great Pokemon. But if not, Primape/Hitmonchan/lee and Jynx/Mr. Mime aren't too shabby.

I can't find Suicune..

I have used the method of using max repels and running in and out of route 2 for 3 days now but it just won't work.

I used a cheat to relearn thunder wave to my Raichu once, could that be the reason it's gone?

I have beaten the Elite 4 and I also have the national Pokedex but I haven't completed the Sevii island quest fully yet

What should I do?

I...think this is just a horrible case of bad luck. :/ I can't really tell if your AR is messing you up or not though.

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
I can't find Suicune..

What should I do?

Are you sure you've done everything? Unlocked the National Dex? Got both Gems from 1st, 5th & 6th islands? If not go do them, Suicune/Raikou/Entei won't appear until everything is completed in the post-game. Spawning it with a cheat won't make it appear on your dex, because it's not a roaming Pokemon, your little hacked Pokemon may run but it won't be considered a roamer, it has to be the original one.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2011

Are you sure you've done everything? Unlocked the National Dex? Got both Gems from 1st, 5th & 6th islands? If not go do them, Suicune/Raikou/Entei won't appear until everything is completed in the post-game. Spawning it with a cheat won't make it appear on your dex, because it's not a roaming Pokemon, your little hacked Pokemon may run but it won't be considered a roamer, it has to be the original one.

So you have to complete the Sevii island quest to catch Suicune? I didn't know that. I'll try it because I was going to do them anyway.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
^ I don't think you need to complete the Sevii Islands fully in order to find Suicune. Suicune should have been unlocked when you defeated the Elite 4 and obtained that National Pokedex.

HeckYeahSeaking

Aqua Trainer-Wannabe
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
Situation: Catching Rayquaza. My party is full of Lvl 40's.

I've recently decided to use a Swellow with Endeavor, I put a focus band on it, but it still gets 1 hit K-O'd and the focus band isn't working. (Only works 1/10 times)

So my question is should I continue using the focus band in hopes it'll work or should I use a quick claw and hope I can bring its HP down with Endeavor first?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back