• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Gym Leaders Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Now this could either be a Psychic, Ghost or even a Dark type Gym:
6qi350.png

I'd say psychic given that it's PINK. Ghost and dark seems less likely tbh. Although the gym does look dark-ish...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I also support the belief it's a Psychic Type Gym. Mainly because Caitlin's Elite Four room consisted of sparkles and glitter. Yet...so did Karen's so, who knows.

Years
Judging from he video We'll be getting Fire and Bug gyms and that one with the stars says either Dark or Psychic to me. I would love for Gym 8 to be fire and gym 1 to be bug, I have always waned that.

I'm guessing that we'll be getting Bug, Grass, Dark, Fire, Rock, Steel, Fighting, Normal. Not sure on the order though.

Cinnabar

Fenniken is godly.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I have to admit, I'm somewhat hoping that there is no Dark-type Leader. I see it as a Pokemon 'tradition', if you will, with Dark being the only type that has yet to have a Gym Leader specializing in it.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
That's a player owned gym. Player owned gyms are a new feature.

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r616/figureman1992/1357644894362_zpsd6a9af15.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Holy goodness O_o
Who's gonna challenged us that way then?

blue

gucci
Years
That's a player owned gym. Player owned gyms are a new feature.

1357644894362_zpsd6a9af15.png

It looks like some sort of Strategy Puzzle.. I don't remember hearing anything about Player Owned Gyms.

Anyway, looking at this image closely, it looks like we could be getting another Grass Type Gym:
r1adja.png

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Here's the gif of said Gym (or player owned gym?). Perhaps it is a Psychic Gym? Maybe it's either the beginning or ending because it looks like that blue part is a pathway.

Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As mentioned by some, I want a Dark gym leader. Bug and Fire are pretty much confirmed. And if the above images turn out to be Grass and Psychic, I really like them.

Years
I really want to see a dark gym... (BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

I think it'd be so awesome if there were more than 8 gyms... And maybe you could challenge some of them in a different order... (Dude. Like second gen. LOL)

I mean, I guess it'd be kinda hard since we don't have a region to "return" to like Kanto... They could just make two new regions next to each other. Or send us to Hoenn!!!!!

Wishful thinking...

Seriously though I think it'd be cool if they had lots of gyms... Or if not gyms, more main story challenges besides just post game stuff. I like a nice long storyline.

Oh and... On another note, um...

Please no ice gyms... The naming of the badges is driving me CRAZY!!! Specifically the localizations to English. Really... Ice>Glacier, Glacier>Icicle, Icicle>Freeze What will happen if the Japanese version has a Freeze badge? XD I mean I guess maybe they'll just avoid that since they're apparently working on it all at the same time, but... you know.

I think it'd be cool for the first gym to be something more interesting than the past. Rock is way overused, normal is kinda boring, same with flying, and the first gym in Black/White was really just like a rival battle, which you do around the same time in the game, so it's not all that interesting... I want to see something cooler. Like... I dunno, electric or fighting or something. Or throw a curve ball and just give us dark as the first gym!! That'd be awesome.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I want this generation's Gym Leaders to train a diverse range of types. The one thing I'll really crack it at, is if the first gym is a Rock Type Gym. We've already got tired of this type, and I think it's time for something fresh.

A Dark Type Gym Leader is definitely needed, no doubt, zero doubt, period, end of story. What I'm even more interested in however, is if the developers have finally understood that us gamers want more of a challenge. And not in the form of a silly Challenge Mode that's unlocked at the end of completing the main plot, (which in itself only raises trainers' pokemons' levels by 5 or so). We want a challenge straight off the bat. Meaning, we want Gym Leaders with their each, own, individual strategies.

I want so see each Gym Leader have a battling technique that complements the type of Pokemon they're using. I want to see each Gym Leader concoct a strategy to cover their type's weaknesses. I want to see each Gym Leader become smarter and stronger than the next. I want each Gym Leader to make us think, make us win by forcing us to concoct our own battle style, our own counter-strategies, not just through type adv/disadv.

Example: A Steel/Rock Type Gym Leader utilizes moves such as Rock Polish and other speed-boosting moves to help support their otherwise extremely slow Pokemon.

Also with new Gym Leaders, I want harder gym puzzles, and much better badges. Gen V's were horrible imo.

That is awesome, imo. Yes I agree - I want to be more challenging gym leaders with specific strategies. D= For example, at pokemon Colosseum; each of those Cipher Admins had their own specific strategy (Miror B - Rain Dance, Dakim - Earthquake + Protect, Venus - Attract, Ein - Lightning Rod + Water Pokemon) even though those were double battle strategies, they were challenging! I'd really hope they'd take consideration on how easy the current gym battles are, and seriously re-work them to incorporated strategies that not only work with the TMs they issue, but with moves such as... Trick Room or the weather moves.

And another thing, I want there to be more harder gym trainers, and a longer gym feel. I dunno, with gyms, I feel like at the end, I feel like Gym Leaders are 'bosses'. And, I want there to be more satisfaction of beating these 'bosses' than just collecting badges and grabbin' those TMs - I want there to be a point where you'll feel that you've really, really, had to actually work for it. Plus, the gym battle music has to be epic!

PS. I also want a dark gym. XD And a ground gym; there wasn't one for a good while. Not rock. Ground.

☆aqua☆

Ace Trainer!! :p
Years
Squirtle thinks another Poison gym should be implanted (OOC: Since Poison is one of the most underdeveloped types...). Squirtle also agrees a Dark-type gym should be implanted.
Other than that? Steel, Bug, Ghost, Psychic and maybe a Water gym? :)

Years
I know we haven't even seen a glimpse of the Gym Leaders but hey, what better time to think of them than now?

Do you think they're going to do a dark type Gym Leader finally? Or perhaps a Gym Leader can dual specialize this time around?

I just hope they were as in depth as bw2's roster
It seems like every leader had some kind of contingency plan.
Cheren-teacher
Roxie-lead singer
Burgh-artist
Ellisa-model
Clay-mining tycoon
Skyla- pilot
Drayden-town mayor
Marlon-... well... hmmm...well thats why hes so laid back because hes an unemployed hippy
But after it all looking back it really helped give depth to their character and makes them stick mentally better ( imo alot of their teams sucked so they needed that back story you know)
I just hope that no matter the types we get good teams with full character depth

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Speaking of character depth, I also kind of wish that the gym leaders... will be a bit more arrogant this time around! Like in Gen I - Lt. Surge called you a 'baby', and Brock is all like, 'your pokemon does not compare to mine, are you ready to lose?!' or something paraphrased like that~ Even with Giovanni he's all like, 'I am the best trainer in the world!!'. I dunno, I just feel that the current gym leaders now a days are a bit too nice! D=

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I think we're going to be getting another Fire member Elite Four (Those giant pillars of fire in the teaser?)

I suspect we'll get another Fantina-ish gym leader, since we're moving to France this time

So here's hoping for Ghost, Dark and Psychic gyms

and I hope we'll be able to catch Riolu and Eevees again...I liked that
maybe even Zorua?

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
GymFirstLook_zpsba149eaa.png

That image looks to be of a gym. What type of Gym? Who knows, we can only speculate until we have further information. As per what Kanto_Johto said above me, is highly unlikely, for them to make Player ran Gyms there would need to be a system to where players will have the ability to give badges and what not, and I don't see that being possible, although I think it would be cool, but as I said, we can only speculate. :)

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I have really high expectations for the gyms after B2W2. I wish they'd make the gym puzzles more challenging, though.
That whole player run gym thing sounds like a great idea.
Maybe they'll do something like that in the future. I don't think they're going to it in XY though.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Going by the one scene with the vine swinging I'm betting on a Grass Type gym to go along with the Psychic, Fire, and Bug.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
From the footage today, it looks like we might see a Bug, Grass, Fire, and some other gym (the changing room one), unless they are actually Elite Four rooms, in which case we might see puzzles in the Elite Four for the first time (unlikely but possible).

I'm also amongst those hoping for a Dark-type gym!

Back