The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Too much Mega Evolutions will impact the metagame negatively.
Yes 11 35.48%
No 11 35.48%
Yes, but it's not a real cause for concern. 9 29.03%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 12:40 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
only after the elite four unfortunately. from a fisherman in the fight area
Growlithe - Charmeleon - Braixen
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 09:40 AM
bhboehlert

Is pokemon txt coming to the iPhone? I don't own an iPad but I want to play Pokemon on my mobile device. Thanks
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 10:47 PM
Tennis Guy

Hey everyone, is the best nature for crobat jolly, adamant, or another nature? I was leaning more towards jolly because of the speed increase, would this be ideal? Thanks!
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 11:07 PM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Guy View Post
Hey everyone, is the best nature for crobat jolly, adamant, or another nature? I was leaning more towards jolly because of the speed increase, would this be ideal? Thanks! :)
From a competitive standpoint Jolly is the preferred nature here since it needs all the speed it can get, but in-game natures don't matter as much. It's usually competitive play where the natures really matter, but I'll just say go for the Jolly Crobat because it mainly wants more speed than attacking power.

However if you're just doing in-game and not competitive stuff, the nature won't matter there.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 05:51 PM
Tennis Guy

Hey everyone, is the best nature for togekiss modest or some other nature and why? Thanks!
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 05:56 PM
Zekrom
The Divine Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Guy View Post
Hey everyone, is the best nature for togekiss modest or some other nature and why? Thanks!
Depends on how exactly you're gonna use it. An offensive Togekiss (like a Nasty Plot set) would use a Modest nature, but a more defensive one (like a paraflinch type) would use something like Bold or Calm.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 02:43 PM
Nikolai Novikov

Is a shiny pokemon just for show or is it stronger in some way, shape or form?
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 02:59 PM
Zekrom
The Divine Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai Novikov View Post
Is a shiny pokemon just for show or is it stronger in some way, shape or form?
It's purely an aesthetic thing. Shiny pokes aren't any different from non-shiny ones besides the coloration. Though they do tend to be valued more because they're rare.
Old 3 Days Ago, 08:03 AM
Bulbmandle

I want to own at least 1 game from each generation including remakes, and I want to have a combination that lets me complete the Pokedex. Which game of each gen should I buy to see my dream become a reality? Thanks for any help you can give!
Old 3 Days Ago, 08:35 AM
Vinny Vidi Vici
Leave Luck To Heaven

That might be difficult if you're only going for only one game in each generation. I'm assuming you want each pokemon catchable ingame without needing to trade over wifi. The first problem I can think of is between Xerneas and Yveltal. If you both of them you'll need both X and Y as neither are in ORAS. I think that will be the case with many other version exclusive Kalos pokemon (Aromatisse and Slurpuff for example).

So I don't know exactly how you want to resolve the problem, but at any rate, this page should help you nevertheless: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...usive_Pokémon
Old 3 Days Ago, 08:59 AM
Bulbmandle

If I had to, I would do Wonder Trade and all that. I'm fine with that. I just don't have enough money to buy every single game at the moment so I want to start off with 1 of each. Also it it true that I can take a Pokemon from Fire Red and trade it all the way through the current game? Because if so that would be awesome.
Old 3 Days Ago, 09:20 AM
Vinny Vidi Vici
Leave Luck To Heaven

You can indeed do that but you'll need to have either a DS or DS Lite with a GBA slot in it. Then you can transfer your pokemon from 4th gen to 5th gen by using your 3DS is DS mode, and then you can get them to 6th gen by using Pokemon Bank.

If your willing to wifi trade, you shouldn't have many problems at all as apparently every pokemon is available between X/Y and ORAS. So between whichever two of those games you have, my advice you be too work from there and try and fill in the blanks backwards. White 2 has a bunch of pokemon available in it because of White Forest, so that might be a good place to start too.
Old 3 Days Ago, 09:38 AM
Bulbmandle

So out of Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 you think W2 is the best choice? Or should I get like Black and then White 2? Also what is the best Gen 4 game?
Old 3 Days Ago, 11:01 AM
kas2014

havent played Pokemon in a while....last time was when emerald came out, and I wanted to play some again but should I buy X/Y or OR/AS?
Old 3 Days Ago, 11:08 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by kas2014 View Post
havent played Pokemon in a while....last time was when emerald came out, and I wanted to play some again but should I buy X/Y or OR/AS?
That's a very long time! How come you weren't interested no more?

On-topic: It's a hard choice, and I bet OR/AS are amazing games (haven't played them yet, i'm European), but I think X and Y are a better set of games to re-introduce you into the world of Pokémon.
ORAS is a remake, and since your last game was Emerald, it means that the latter wil not be an actual new experience for you. X and Y are a whole new experience, since it has a new region, new Pokémon and overall new characters you haven't seen before, whereas OR/AS have aspects that are familiar to you.

So all in all, go for X and Y. You can buy OR/AS later, but X/Y is such a new fresh to the series, you just have to play it. X/Y will probably be better introducing you to new features brought in Gen VI than OR/AS would do.

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old 3 Days Ago, 11:14 AM
kas2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal Army View Post
That's a very long time! How come you weren't interested no more?

On-topic: It's a hard choice, and I bet OR/AS are amazing games (haven't played them yet, i'm European), but I think X and Y are a better set of games to re-introduce you into the world of Pokémon.
ORAS is a remake, and since your last game was Emerald, it means that the latter wil not be an actual new experience for you. X and Y are a whole new experience, since it has a new region, new Pokémon and overall new characters you haven't seen before, whereas OR/AS have aspects that are familiar to you.

So all in all, go for X and Y. You can buy OR/AS later, but X/Y is such a new fresh to the series, you just have to play it. X/Y will probably be better introducing you to new features brought in Gen VI than OR/AS would do.
Haha I was not interested anymore because I was busy with school stuff. But I have seen lets plays of X&Y and of OR/AS and Im more interested in Online Battling.
Old 3 Days Ago, 11:15 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
If your last game was Emerald, you might feel a bit too familiar with ORAS and it won't feel entirely new to you. It's great, don't get me wrong, but if you are looking for a new experience, I recommend buying XY for now. But you should pick up ORAS some time after that! Familiarize yourself with new things that have happened since gen III with XY and then revisit Hoenn in ORAS after that. I think that'd be the proper way to get you back into the series comfortably. :)

paired to peeta
Old 3 Days Ago, 11:23 AM
kas2014

Okay thanks Is X/Y cheaper now because of OR/AS coming out btw?
Old 3 Days Ago, 11:37 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by kas2014 View Post
Okay thanks Is X/Y cheaper now because of OR/AS coming out btw?
Depends on where you live and your retailer. In theory, yes it should be cheaper, but not much. Expect it to be only $5/€5 cheaper.

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old 3 Days Ago, 11:39 AM
kas2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal Army View Post
Depends on where you live and your retailer. In theory, yes it should be cheaper, but not much. Expect it to be only $5/€5 cheaper.
Oh okay thanks. I live in Europe as well btw but I think I'll buy XY then
Old 3 Days Ago, 12:14 PM
zeeamv

My dream has been to own every version, and switch over my Pokemon to help me beat each newer challenge. Like how Ash does it.
Old 3 Days Ago, 12:55 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
I'm just going to move this over to Pokémon Gaming Central, since your query is about the games.

Old 2 Days Ago, 03:54 PM
GhostTrainer

Nature: Lax
I'd go with X/Y if you're going for something easy and new. Don't get me wrong, X & Y are great games, however they go by so fast and it's so easy to overpower everybody that it just looses it's luster after beating the Elite 4 multiple times with zero challenge. However, it's not all bad, it's the first Pokemon game in full 3D instead of 2D sprites, you can interact with your pokemon through Amie, and this feature can be used to evolve certain Pokemon (I think Eevee-->Sylvion/Espion/Umbreon are the only ones through this method though) you can train your Pokemon with the Super Trainer feature, it's easier to see your friends with the PSS and you can see passerbys from around the world.

ORAS, on the other hand goes back to it's roots and actually gives you a somewhat of challenge which was something a Pkmn game hasn't done since D/P/P/HG/SS. Granted it's story is familiar to those who played R/S/E, but it's a good sense of familiarity, not the one of "REALLY THIS AGAIN UGHH." It also adds some new feature such as upgrades to the Pokenav, with the DexNav where you can search for particular Pokemon in the area, capturing multiple legendaries from previous games through mirage spots and portals. The Pokemon Amie and Super Trainer features return, along with the PSS.

As I said, if you want something new, then go with X/Y, if not then go with ORAS
Old 2 Days Ago, 05:22 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Bulbmandle, if you don't mind, I'll merge your topic into our questions and answers thread, as it would fit there better. Due to similar reasons, Kas, I'm also merging your topic alongside.

As for choosing between ORAS and XY, I'd likely recommend going with latter. If we've played RSE recently, as Sydian had stated, we would likely not find ourselves enjoying Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and therefore, choosing Pokémon X and Y would give us more fun times.

Thread merged.
Old 2 Days Ago, 07:06 AM
Luvlondon23

Nature: Calm
what are the emblematic pokemon of each generation according to you ?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links