• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014
HELP PLZ!!!!!!! I go to Mt. Moon and my rival is there but axel isn't. So, somebody tells me i need to clear out the volcano and i do. I go back and he is still not there. The only other thing i need to do is place the flutes in the pedestals, but they won't show up either.

The flutes.. and its location. :)
You get the Blue Flute from the fat guy behind the pokemon center over in eucrayak or whatever its called(you have to surf across the water), the Yellow Flute is obtained in the cave to the west of Olivine (You step on all the brown circles in the cave which are holes to unlock the entrance), and finally the red flute you should have gotten through the story.

Last edited:
Years
HELP PLZ!!!!!!! I go to Mt. Moon and my rival is there but axel isn't. So, somebody tells me i need to clear out the volcano and i do. I go back and he is still not there. The only other thing i need to do is place the flutes in the pedestals, but they won't show up either.

You get the Blue Flute from the fat guy behind the pokemon center over in eucrayak or whatever its called(you have to surf across the water), the Yellow Flute is obtained in the cave to the west of Olivine (You step on all the brown circles in the cave which are holes to unlock the entrance), and finally the red flute you should have gotten through the story.

You go throught the game and fight the elite four regularly and after that he will call you up for some special missions, where you go to MT.moon and other places and fight them.

You go throught the game and fight the elite four regularly and after that he will call you up for some special missions, where you go to MT.moon and other places and fight them.

Oh sorry I forgot you have yo battle Blaine at the seafoam islands but you go through the south of fushia city.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014

Oh sorry I forgot you have yo battle Blaine at the seafoam islands but you go through the south of fushia city.
I did what you told me to and nothing happened. I beat the elite four 3 more times after getting all 8 of the other badges and nothing happened! He still isn't showing up at Mt. Moon nor is he contacting me for special missions. Also the pedestals still arn't showing up on the outskirt island. So, I really can't continue with the game until he shows up at Mt. Moon. SOMEBODY PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2012
Great game!! Cant wait for more of the orange islands! And the Live Beta is the way to go, I wish all hacks had a live beta through developement!

Years
I did what you told me to and nothing happened. I beat the elite four 3 more times after getting all 8 of the other badges and nothing happened! He still isn't showing up at Mt. Moon nor is he contacting me for special missions. Also the pedestals still arn't showing up on the outskirt island. So, I really can't continue with the game until he shows up at Mt. Moon. SOMEBODY PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
I think either you got a problem with the ROM or with the patcher.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013

Thanks a lot dude!

Also, the latest version 3.2 has Ho-oh in it to be captured. :)

Now, The pedestals are not appearing.. i read somewhere that I need to talk to a guy near Illex Forest by the beach first? That guy is not appearing.. :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Ok, just completed the cave of wisdom side quest. and im off to outburst island which means the end of beta.

The pedestals and the man near Illex forest is still not appearing. What must i do now?

EDIT: found Groudon in Dragon's Den, but it's sleeping... you need the ruby from Undersea Carvern to awake it from its sleep.. since ruby is for groudon...

what is sapphire for then? sapphire is found in undersea carvern as well.

Last edited:
Years
How do i know if i have a problem with the rom or with the patcher? I really don't want to start over if i have to lose my saved data.
You don't need to worry about your save. You can still play with it on the new beta.

Ok, just completed the cave of wisdom side quest. and im off to outburst island which means the end of beta.

The pedestals and the man near Illex forest is still not appearing. What must i do now?

EDIT: found Groudon in Dragon's Den, but it's sleeping... you need the ruby from Undersea Carvern to awake it from its sleep.. since ruby is for groudon...

what is sapphire for then? sapphire is found in undersea carvern as well.
Ahh I think LaZ just put it there or maybe both RUBY and SaAPPHIR gems are needed to awaken Rayquaza in future betas.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2016
Thanks a lot dude!

Now, The pedestals are not appearing.. i read somewhere that I need to talk to a guy near Illex Forest by the beach first? That guy is not appearing.. :(

Where can I find 3.2? Since first post just mentions 3.1

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Thanks a lot dude!

You could always catch ho-oh. Just had to get the dogs first. Have yet to play 3.2 so Idk if it is easier now.

Where can I find 3.2? Since first post just mentions 3.1

Go here: http://linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/journal/ to get immediate updates from Laz. Also has the latest versions available for download. Be warned though that you will have to start a new game if you download and install 3.2 due to it being a all new version.

Chileno4Live

«Step into the light with me.»
Years
I'm playing 3.1 right now and enjoying it! There's just one problem!

I finally got the Dratini and leveled it up all the way to lvl 55 to make it a Dragonite. I wanted to learn it Dragon Claw from the move tutor in Goldenrod but he doesn't ask me if a pokemon wants to learn Dragon Claw or not. I talked with him before, and rejected his offer because no poke could learn it at the time. Maybe a small mistake in the script?

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
You don't need to worry about your save. You can still play with it on the new beta.

Ahh I think LaZ just put it there or maybe both RUBY and SaAPPHIR gems are needed to awaken Rayquaza in future betas.

Thanks for your reply.

Any luck on the pedestals?

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
Hey Guys, whats about the "Lost Wood" right to Newbark Town when you Surfing down? Nobody ever asked about this here.
A trainer outside the forest says that a mythical Pokémon is living there, but nobody has ever found it. Which Pokémon is that and how do i get it?

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Hey Guys, whats about the "Lost Wood" right to Newbark Town when you Surfing down? Nobody ever asked about this here.
A trainer outside the forest says that a mythical Pokémon is living there, but nobody has ever found it. Which Pokémon is that and how do i get it?

There is a rare Poke here, and I'll spoil it for everyone. It houses Suicune before you catch it. To get to it, you need to walk a specific path. Make sure you have your sound on, or you won't get it.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Thanks for your reply.

Any luck on the pedestals?

NO NO NO NO NO! You CANNOT use a save from any 3.1 or earlier beta on 3.2, the 2 are completely incompatible! I have said this going on 50 times now, and yet people still perpetuate the myth that you can.

Beta 3.2 Requires A Fresh Save File. What this means is delete your old save file and then boot the new game. Do not go around it using savestates. You have been warned!

As for the pedestals, there does seem to be a glitch with them, we'll look into it.

ETA:the thread is about to be closed/updated (not sure which) by LaZ, so hopefully that'll put this myth to bed permanently!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
NO NO NO NO NO! You CANNOT use a save from any 3.1 or earlier beta on 3.2, the 2 are completely incompatible! I have said this going on 50 times now, and yet people still perpetuate the myth that you can.

Beta 3.2 Requires A Fresh Save File. What this means is delete your old save file and then boot the new game. Do not go around it using savestates. You have been warned!

As for the pedestals, there does seem to be a glitch with them, we'll look into it.

ETA:the thread is about to be closed/updated (not sure which) by LaZ, so hopefully that'll put this myth to bed permanently!

First off, I started from scratch in 3.2..

Spoke to LaZ about the pedestals and he says its something to do with the ruins of alph.

The weird thing about the ruins of alph is that I could not get to the secret room after solving the puzzles.

Also, there are 4 puzzles and I only did 3 and it says I completed all 4.

Back