• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I meah, yeah, certain things you hear about New York are questionable, but it sounds like a really cool place to live. Though I hear it's hella expensive to live there, it would still be a great place to go to for a few years.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I've lived in places with large populations and small populations and I kinda of like the larger populated cities better. It's way too easy to feel isolated in an area that has a smaller population - like those country cities where houses are like, five miles apart. I hated living in places like that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I live in the capitol city here, there's a lot more going on than my home town. I also have lived in the country side. Overall, it's just better for a student or someone out on their own to be in a city which is more lively.

Years
Yeah I also lived in the city while I was doing my degree. Everything was just so close by and there were tonnes of people around so it was really good.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I live in Montreal, which is a big city. It's convenient to have all the stores close to you and whatnot. I just hate it when it gets crowded >=/

Sir Codin

Man, hopefully Pokemon X and Y will get me in the mood to buy more 3DS games. All I have so far are Ocarina of Time 3DS and Kid Icarus Uprising (both awesome).

Also, on the topic of New York, how accurate would you guys say this dude's analysis is?:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I live in the middle of nowhere. c:
Seriously. Nothing happens here. Just the occasional drug bust or shooting.

Sit outside in the cold with one of the stray cats on my lap, despite being sick?
images

I like those cats way too much haha.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Hey all.

Story of my life:
Spoiler:

Personally i've always prefered cities as apposed to small towns.

@Slender:
Surprisingly good eh? Thanks I think. X)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Talking about good games, you guys know any good games for iPad?
Isn't there any Pokemon on it too?
And i like to live small-crowded cities where everyone knows everyone.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
New York overpriced? Sure, its basically the reason why we got so many homeless people. Overhyped? Hell to the nah, as an ex-NY resident that place be rocking like you never believe. Once a New Yorker always a New Yorker. Nothing like the sound of the MTA rocking under your feet, or the NYPD screeching away in the background. And I swear, if I ever get another slice like the ones you can find in Hispanic pizza shops in queens with the semi-sweet tomato sauce I can die a happy man.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
New York isn't overpriced at all xD

My girlfriend went for a trip to New York last week and she bought a crap load of stuffs because everything there was so cheap lmao.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think it just depends on where you used to live. When my brother went to New York City and he found things to be more expensive. But at the same time are we talking about the whole state or NYC. I ask this because when I told friends I was going to New York they thought I meant the city when no. I meant the state. There is more than just the city guys.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Opticians in Astoria are many, but I always went to the Greek ones, specifically Odessy Opticals. Its so funny reading reviews about how noisy Greek women run the store. Uh, hello, there's no such thing as Greek Woman not being a nagging female dog.

The states cheap, and Manhattan is expensive, and yeah the other 4 boroughs are cheap. But gas or cigarettes and you need to drive out to Nassau to get a decent price. My dad used to stop at gas stations on our way back to buy a pack for 4-5 bucks before we entered the city where it was like 8-9.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
A while ago, we seen some people in a vehicle with a NY license plate- taking photos of a cow. A cow.

Are cows chilling out in a fenced-in field really that big of a deal? I:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Sure, not even in long island or upstate are they common, and those are pretty big farm areas. I mean I've seen a couple, but to take a picture? Your world literally needs to be Manhattan and the boroughs, with no contact with long island or upstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back