• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thanksgiving plans?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
This may only apply to the ones in the US, seeing as our Thanksgiving is coming up. :c

Anyway, what are your plans for Thanksgiving this year? Are you celebrating with a turkey or ham? What do you have to go with it? Are you with a big family or small family? :3 What other traditions do you have to kick off the holiday spirit (if you do/haven't already)?

For me, I LOVE watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I've watched this since I was younger at my grandmother's house. She would let me watch it while making dinner. It's been my tradition ever since. Our Thanksgiving will just be a small family because we are in Arizona and the rest of my mom's family lives in Maine. We're having a turkey this year with mashed potatoes & gravy, pumpkin pie, a Cheesecake, sweet potatoes and stuffing of course! :D

So, what about you guys? ^^

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I'll be seeing family (immediate plus extended), but my family is pretty small, so it won't be too many people. I don't know whether everyone will make it yet or not (I think some of my cousins live too far away now to get off for the weekend). We always have turkey, so I assume we'll do that, along with our usual fixings.

I've been pretty overwhelmed lately, so I haven't really thought about Thanksgiving. So no prepwork so far for me. I do like watching the parade (along with the dog show afterwards), but I think I may be driving that morning, so I may not see any of that.

After Thanksgiving, I'm looking forward to getting into the holiday mindset with the start of my Christmas traditions. I'll probably do some shopping, and maybe make some ornaments and/or watch some Christmas specials.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Doing Europe things, mainly, like not having Thanksgiving

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
We don't really do anything on Thanksgiving other than eat a specific meal/dinner: stuffed chicken (my dad is really into this, though i'm not), mashed potatoes w/gravy, cranberry, cornbread (honestly I could eat a ton of this ****), pumpkin pie, etc.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'm actually not working on Thanksgiving this year, so no extra money for me. I think I'll just spend the day at my parents' house, except we'll be eating at lunchtime since my twin works in the evening. Not sure about the rest of the day.

Years
My sister-in-law has a friend that's invited us and my in-laws over to her house for Thanksgiving, since I guess she doesn't have any family in the area and she would like to have people around for the holidays. Something like that. We've been over there before, last year for Christmas and the year before for Thanksgiving, so I guess we'll be doing it again this year.

Not entirely sure about anything other than that, but I'm pretty sure that's happening.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Thanksgiving is actually my first day off from work in nine days, so I'm probably going to be sleeping all day and then trying to catch up on stuff. I have studying to do, and there's still a movie I need to watch/grab screenshots of, so that will keep me busy all day.

Food plans are simple too. Just a little turkey loaf, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and some baklava. I'm really excited about the baklava, which is delicious.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
my aunts are actually coming over this year which i think will be a first.. i'm actually quite excited because we usually split up for the holidays. unfortunately i'll probably only be able to stay for a quick meal, i have to go in for work at 5 and i'm expecting the brown thursday traffic to be horrendous

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm probably just going to enjoy having the day off from work and work on an essay for school as an excuse to not have to deal with annoying family members... so yeah, no big plans for me really lol. Also going to ingest my weight's worth in carbs as usual.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
Years
Oh my gosh.

As someone who loves cooking and baking (same thing really), this thread is so for me. I'm making a turkey roast, homemade baked mac and cheese with shredded sharp cheddar, candied yams with marshmallows and pineapple flavor, sausage and herb stuffing with roughly chopped mirepoix sauteed in butter, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed greens, cranberry jelly, and three lovely desserts. Ice Cream, Pumpkin pie (or loaf) with apple strudel in caramel sauce topped with whipped cream. I'm making literally all of it since my family doesn't cook much and I have a burning passion for it. xD

Years
I'm Australian so it's a weird thing for me, but my dad is dating an American so this year my family is celebrating it. We'll be having a turkey and pumpkin pie, I don't know what else, but it should be fun :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
tbh I don't really like Thanksgiving. The food is good, but some people are like so obsessed with it and just?? No??? It's not that great??? Plus people make a **** ton for Thanksgiving and then you end up with a TON and you're stuck eating it for like a week and UGH.

Anyway, this year, we're having to change up the tradition so instead of Thanksgiving lunch at my mom's, we're going out to the Veteran's home to have lunch with my grandfather. It's his first year not being able to come over to mom's since he was put into the home over the summer. And then we'll be having dinner at my mom's.

Uhhhhhh I don't really care about the parade either. Marching in parades is literally the worst thing in the world, especially during this time of year when it's freezing, so literally all I think about when I hear "parade" is sore arms, my hat leaving an imprint on my head, gloves getting wet from spit leaking out of keys on the horn and it being 10x worse in cold, itchy ass Santa hats UGH, wondering when I'll be able to feel my face again, trying to figure out the quickest route to get back to my car...I really hate parades...lol

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Just going on PC, playing games, and watching internet videos like any other normal day... because we don't have Thanksgiving here in New Zealand.

Lucid

We gon eat then watch tv and go to sleep like civilized gross ppl

Years
We'll be at my grandma's this year. Which means it'll be a full house. I haven't seen my grandparents and aunt and uncles since last year, though, so it'll be nice to see them for a few days.

I was already told not to get sick so I'm terrified I'm gonna get a cold tomorrow just in time for the trip, haha. I'm bringing meds just in case.
(We were all sick last Christmas. My immune system is doing a ton better this fall/winter than last year.)

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Besides oversleeping and not doing homework, I intend to spend a considerable amount of time on Pokecommunity on Thanksgiving. I'm not really into the overeating aspect of Thanksgiving and I don't have any family events planned.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
My cousin is hosting it at his house this year, we're gonna watch the early football game and have some lunch, then dinner sometime after that.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I'll be selling TVs for 13 hours, and then hopefully I have time to do some Black Friday shopping! I want to get a TV, either a laptop or a tablet, the 30th Anniversary Amiibo, maybe a PS4?, some clothes, maybe more dunno yet.

I don't get to have Thanksgiving, but I wouldn't celebrate it anyway.

Back