• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I think I just thought of two challenges.

1st is the Offensive/Defensive Swap challenge (will probably make the name shorter if I can think of something) This is simple to figure out, but can be difficult. You pick as many Pokemon as you want to have in your party, as usual. But say you pick an offensive oriented Pokemon, like Primeape, as one of your pokemon. You then have to make the Pokemon a more like a defensive Pokemon.
Vice versa with defensive oriented pokemon, like Chansey. Make it an offensive pokemon.

2nd is also a simple challenge; a Trade challenge. Basically, just trade with a random person (whom will be picked for you and is also taking the challenge) at certain specified points of a game. However, you don't get to pick which pokemon to trade either; a random party slot will be assigned to you and your random trade partner, and you guys just trade. Other then that, play normally.
Of course, I'm probably going to need some guidelines on that, because it would be terrible for someone on their 7th badge to be traded a pokemon from someone on their 1st badge.

Years
Awesome snow day was awesome. Shoveling, however, was not.
If anyone feels like battling with their HoF teams in nuzlockes on PO, then I may set something up, with permission of course.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm liking the idea of the offensive/defensive challenge, but what about those Pokemon which can effectively play both roles, like Tentacruel? How would you choose that then? My Treecko is a girl named Sydian n_n

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I'm liking the idea of the offensive/defensive challenge, but what about those Pokemon which can effectively play both roles, like Tentacruel? How would you choose that then? My Treecko is a girl named Sydian n_n
But what will you do when Syd changes to boy again?

Also, I like all these challenge Ideas. But only if we can pretend that Nidoking is a defensive Pokemon :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You should have named a genderless Pokemon after me, haha. I like those challenge ideas too. That defensive/offensive one sounds pretty difficult actually.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wow. Who the hell is Puresex? :| Also, looks like most of my Pokemon in BW are named after staff members. The team I have to use for my next Hall of Fame are:

Nica / Denchura
Shivi / Rankurusu
Sydbb / Seed bby
Tara / Shanderaa
Fart / Maggyo
Yummy / Baibanira

No I have not learned English names yet, shush.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Puresex was my Ralts, which I found and died pretty much instantly. >.< I wanted to use a Ralts as well. :'( Although I did manage to catch a Wurmple for the third time finding one without stocking up on Pokeballs. n_n

Y U NO CALL RANKURUSU NICK 4?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I imagine Ralts would be hard to use in a Nuzlocke, considering it only has Growl upon capture.

Um because Nick was originally a Chillarmy fanboy and Shivi has always liked Rankurusu. So Nick is a Cillaccino now.

Years
If I edit my usertitle to be in steel blue in MS paint, will you name a Rohbushin after me, syd?
@Alternative, good luck with your nuzlocke, hopefully you can get a Pokemon with some bulk, you'll need it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It'll be a while before I can get one actually, but yeah. That works fine because I currently have two Larrys, the leopard thing and the thing that evolves into Conkeldurr (see, I remembered something).

AND BOOO ALT. BOOOO. >:( You are horrible, I am ashamed. You get no place in my Hall of Fame challenge now because you let me die.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
What is with that name? It sounds so bad. Con-kel-durr. It sounds almost as bad as my imitation of Eminem, which I replace every word with "Herpa Derpa Derp".

And Sydian, I thought the Bazinga was implied. You didn't really die. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Someone needs to watch Slowflake's LPs. He's trying to make Conkeldurr a meme.

And um it's 11:30, I've had a bad day, and I am a slow person, did you really expect me to get that reference? :( This is just a ploy to ensure you make it into the Hall of Fame. I should be working on that now, but I don't have a drive to do so. Working on training Denchura and Maggyo atm. Aghhh.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I won't make another joke like that again. And why make Conkeldurr a meme? The name sucks so bad, it's almost as bad as my imitation of Eminem, where every word is replaced with "Herpa Derpa Derp". Also I wrote my first update. :D

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
The last 5-6 posts was rambling on about nothing, so I'd expect nothing less from you. :)

Also I've been thinking of a challenge, a numbers challenge more specifically. More like a Pokedex challenge though. Simply put, you say you want to participate, and you'll be given a number range. Depending on the game you want to play will depend on your number range. Let's say you were to play Red/Blue for this challenge. You would be given a number range from 1 to 150, so say 43-97, and you were only allowed to use Pokemon within that Pokedex frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back