• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I am currently having an issue wherever I am trying to post on a profile or blog, but it says that the message is too short and need to have one more character, even when the message is over the character limit. I just need some quick help here.

Years
I am currently having an issue wherever I am trying to post on a profile or blog, but it says that the message is too short and need to have one more character, even when the message is over the character limit. I just need some quick help here.
What exactly are you replying to? Where are you seeing this message?

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
What exactly are you replying to? Where are you seeing this message?

Just about anytime I try to post on someone's profile or a blog. This screenshot is for use.

error_zps62816764.png

This has been happening ever since two days ago.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
That's pretty weird; don't think I've ever experienced anything like it. @_@ Not sure if this would help, but could you try clearing your cache and cookies and see how it goes?

Years
I'm trying to host my own pokemonshowdown like simulator, where can I get information on that?

and In this simulator I want to include megas for most pokemon. So I need a place to host the images which correspond to the images I need to upload.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
The battle simulator is run by Smogon, so you would probably need to speak with some of the programmers they have over there. I know it was built by a user over there by the name of Zarel, so that's who I would try first, but I would imagine Zarel is pretty busy.

As far as image hosting sites, I personally use Dropbox for all of my image storing needs. If you do use Dropbox, you're going to have to get a public folder if you want images to pop up outside of their folders. It's free, but no longer automatically included in accounts, so you're going to have to search for it.

Good luck and hope I helped!

Years
The battle simulator is run by Smogon, so you would probably need to speak with some of the programmers they have over there. I know it was built by a user over there by the name of Zarel, so that's who I would try first, but I would imagine Zarel is pretty busy.

As far as image hosting sites, I personally use Dropbox for all of my image storing needs. If you do use Dropbox, you're going to have to get a public folder if you want images to pop up outside of their folders. It's free, but no longer automatically included in accounts, so you're going to have to search for it.

Good luck and hope I helped!

You've helped a little bit. I like the suggestion of asking around smogon for asking how to code, and host sounds like a good idea. I know PS is programmed by a group who originally made PO.
I'm going to have to venture back to smogon. Thanks for the advice at least :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Soooo, as we said, we did skip extensive lurking before joining. Since we aren't too familiar with the forum yet, may soneone elaborate what we need to know about Sylphiel (except for the birthdate, of course)? It seems to be important.

Years
Soooo, as we said, we did skip extensive lurking before joining. Since we aren't too familiar with the forum yet, may soneone elaborate what we need to know about Sylphiel (except for the birthdate, of course)? It seems to be important.

Sylphiel happens to be one of our Staff Administrators, but the craziness happening is just Ausaudriel being that one friend who does everything possible to call attention to another friend's birthday. I'm sure everyone's got a friend or family member who does that, haha. I know full well that I do even if I sometimes don't want to acknowledge that I'm another year older or just don't want the attention that day Sylphiel's probably just going to have to accept the attention whether she wants it or not, haha

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There's a friend code sharing thread in the X&Y forum you could use. You could also put your code in your signature.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Keiran's right; that is where all battle logs and videos go, even X & Y Battle Codes. Also, be a little more appreciative if people are trying to help you, whether they're right or wrong. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
How do we subscribe to a thread? We like to have a note whenever someone post in a certain thread.

And by the way: Are we notified when we are quoted?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
How do we subscribe to a thread? We like to have a note whenever someone post in a certain thread.

And by the way: Are we notified when we are quoted?
At the top of a thread, you should see a link saying "Thread Tools". In that drop-down menu, you can choose "Subscribe to this thread". Alternatively, you go to your "Edit Options" and choose the "Default thread subscription mode" you feel most comfortable with. I personally prefer the "No email notification" option, and that one subscribes you automatically to any thread you reply to and shows a list of these in the User Control Panel whenever there is a new reply after yours.

Also no, currently there is no notification for quotes. Might come in the future though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back