• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Eclipse Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I know this may be a dumb question...but is there any way to get cut or strength? I'm sure surf and waterfall will be in the next beta since those are usually late game HMs anyway.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 11, 2021
I am having a hard time patching a FireRed ROM I downloaded. I keep getting an error :/

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2017
I know your busy bro with real life stuff and working on the game, but you got alot of people asking several diffrent questions. Maybe you could address everything soon!

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 30, 2016
I just dowloaded Beta1 on the first page and am about to start playing. Any known glitches that I should avoid?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Awesome hack.Thanks for the hard work you've put into it,i'm looking forward to a new release.By the way,can the puzzle of the music tiles inside the first cave be solved at this point or does it need a key item or trigger event that will become available later on?

Nope, it's available later in the game and has to do with Meloetta!

Its 2016, and for some reason i still have a hard time actually getting the ROM.

The UPS patch is in the first post. This thread explains how to apply the patch on a Fire Red ROM.

It seems to be that Eclipse does not have day/night system, does it?

No

is mega evolution applied to this HACK?

Not yet

I know this may be a dumb question...but is there any way to get cut or strength? I'm sure surf and waterfall will be in the next beta since those are usually late game HMs anyway.

They aren't! Cut is intentionally obtained later in the game because I'd like players who want all the rare items and Pokémon to backtrack to places previously unreachable without Cut.

I am having a hard time patching a FireRed ROM I downloaded. I keep getting an error :/

Please follow the instructions in this thread!

Hello how to download this ? (Im using android btw ...) when i download it it says unrecognize gba file

It's a UPS patch. You'll need to patch it on a Fire Red ROM. Please use the instructions here. I'm unsure if there's a UPS patcher for Android so you might have to do this on a PC and transfer the ROM to your Android device.

I just dowloaded Beta1 on the first page and am about to start playing. Any known glitches that I should avoid?

There are a few minor bugs but nothing game-breaking, so you can play without worrying! .. I think.

Sorry for replying a month late to some of you, I try to avoid posting without at least minor updates, and the majority of the posts were about how to patch, generic questions and people asking for releases. I've considered closing the thread, but I should be able to resume progress on this in three weeks!

Gorgon Shore was remapped!

ozCLJpg.png
sb6VPxQ.png
dqw0VLv.png

Note: colours above are a WIP! Just wanted to quickly show off a certain feature.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Gonna complete the "Four Swords" set with a screenshot of the next town, Azure. You can get to this port town in the next release after beating Gerik and getting access to Surf, which is where the current beta stops. Azure Town has no Pokémon Gym, but it's home to the Tower of Mastery.

lvLWEpK.png

I'll have more updates by the end of May/early June, hopefully!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 11, 2021
When I try to apply the patch, I get this error saying "Error! Input checksum is invalid".

And I am doing exactly when the directions tell me to do in order to install the patch. What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
When I try to apply the patch, I get this error saying "Error! Input checksum is invalid".

And I am doing exactly when the directions tell me to do in order to install the patch. What am I doing wrong?

There should be an "Ignore" option you can tick. Tick it before you click to apply the patch.

edit: if you don't see the ignore option, then try it with the "Apply patch to a new file" option.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
hello christos will in beta 2 youl add a new trainer backsprite and will it be finished to the pokemon league.

I don't know for sure yet but Beta 2 will probably have 6-7 Gyms and will end before the major story events. Beta 3 should have the complete main story and the Pokémon League, and the release after that should be the complete hack with the post-game stuff.

If Beta 2 takes too long I might consider a 5-6 Gym version as it's been a while since the last release and a lot of the issues pointed out by users here have been addressed. A few maps and events have been remade as well.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
ozCLJpg.png
sb6VPxQ.png
dqw0VLv.png

Note: colours above are a WIP! Just wanted to quickly show off a certain feature.

Oh wow, I just noticed the overworld for the hero changes color in the screenshots. I have never seen another hack with a clothes shop feature, that's absolutely brilliant. Sometimes I sit out by the sun and wonder to myself, what would make some hacks better than others. And now I think that the answer is a clothes shop. Such creativity, customization, and a gameplay enhancing feature like the clothes shop put Eclipse above most of the others!!!

:^)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 11, 2021
There should be an "Ignore" option you can tick. Tick it before you click to apply the patch.

edit: if you don't see the ignore option, then try it with the "Apply patch to a new file" option.
There was no ignore option when I tried applying the patch to an existing file, but there was one when I tried applying it to a new one, but when I tried to do that, it gave me three boxes. One was "UPS file to apply", the next one is "Source input file to apply patch to" and the last one is "Target to write patched file to". I am not sure what to do \.
I tried using a the NUPS program that came with the Pokemon Eclipse.ups I downloaded and when I used that, ticking off to ignore if there was an error, it says it wrote onto the ROM but when I try to play it, it just gives me a white screen.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
There was no ignore option when I tried applying the patch to an existing file, but there was one when I tried applying it to a new one, but when I tried to do that, it gave me three boxes. One was "UPS file to apply", the next one is "Source input file to apply patch to" and the last one is "Target to write patched file to". I am not sure what to do \.
I tried using a the NUPS program that came with the Pokemon Eclipse.ups I downloaded and when I used that, ticking off to ignore if there was an error, it says it wrote onto the ROM but when I try to play it, it just gives me a white screen.

The source input file is the clean Fire Red ROM, and for the target file, just write the location you want the file in and a name, for example, "Eclipse.gba". You can then play the Eclipse.gba file NUPS will create.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 11, 2021
The source input file is the clean Fire Red ROM, and for the target file, just write the location you want the file in and a name, for example, "Eclipse.gba". You can then play the Eclipse.gba file NUPS will create.
I still get a white screen when I try to play it in VBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back