• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
It seems that the table of names are at 0x1F832D, while the data is at 0x1FB12C

for future reference, check a tool's ini... it usually has relevant offsets there :) (use pge's, its got all the main offsets)

I looked in the ini, and found those exact offsets for the attack table and attack names array (with the exception of the names array, which is actually 0x1F8320. I'm sure it was a typo though. xD )

Thank you both! :D Next I'm going to figure out the other offsets the tutorial mentions and try to find those in Ruby.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
It appears I've been forgotten already? I'm still waiting for an answer.

Hello.

I'm trying to create a new move, using the Attack Editor with Pokemon Game Editor. I replaced a move that I do not intend to use on any of my Fakemons: Volt Tackle. Everything seems to work as intended, except for two things:

-The description always stays the one for Volt Tackle. Even thought I press Save, just switching moves and going back to it changes the description back.
-The move animation also stays the Volt Tackle one, despite trying to repoint to the Leaf Blade animation. The Animation Pointer keeps the Leaf Blade value thought...

Any idea what's wrong? Should I download a new program to modify those?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
Well, the only other move editors I know of don't even have the description and animation... Guess I'll go learn how to use an Hex Editor.

blue

gucci
Years
Just got a minor question.. when using A-Trainer with creating new trainers, I wanted the music to be the FRLG Gym Leader music but whenever I set it as what I think is right (Music 0, Unknown 7) it just plays the normal trainer music, is there any way I can fix this?

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Just got a minor question.. when using A-Trainer with creating new trainers, I wanted the music to be the FRLG Gym Leader music but whenever I set it as what I think is right (Music 0, Unknown 7) it just plays the normal trainer music, is there any way I can fix this?

Try intro music 1 and unknown 7.

Last edited:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years

I've tried both 0 & 1 but neither of them work, it works fine in Emerald just not Fire Red.

I believe music in FRLG is dependent on the Trainer Class, and not by music number and stuff. Meaning, without ASM, only trainers with the Trainer Class "Gym Leader" (or is it just "Leader"...I don't remember, but you get the idea) will play that theme. Same with Champion music and everything else.

Years
Does anyone know how to remove the Kanto region dex from the pokedex menu? I am planning to create my own custom pokedex with around 350 Pokemon from Gen 1 - 5.

Fire Red Pokedex Hacking :)

^Instead of removing it, wouldn't it be easier to just use the Kanto Dex? I was trying to do the same thing in my in-planning hack, so i increased the limiters and used the 'evo-doesn't-need-national-dex' patch thing. leveling evolutions work, but stone evolutions don't (atleast for me they didn't :P you could try and see if it works for you). I've msged Jambo bout it, cuz he seems the most knowledgeable about dex hacking :) and i'm waiting to see if he can help me out.

Still... this method works... mostly :P.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Fire Red Pokedex Hacking :)

^Instead of removing it, wouldn't it be easier to just use the Kanto Dex? I was trying to do the same thing in my in-planning hack, so i increased the limiters and used the 'evo-doesn't-need-national-dex' patch thing. leveling evolutions work, but stone evolutions don't (atleast for me they didn't :P you could try and see if it works for you). I've msged Jambo bout it, cuz he seems the most knowledgeable about dex hacking :) and i'm waiting to see if he can help me out.

Still... this method works... mostly :P.

Cool! So I just change the 97 in hex to something else at the offset 0x10352C? And the Kanto dex will have, lets say 253 regional Pokemon. Also, how would I change the name of Kanto to my region? Thanks!

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
This question is kind of hard to explain...

Pokemon Fire Red

There is a warp tile and a cave entrance that goes into a mountain. I got that warp working. It warps you into a cave. But then if you try to step out of the cave, the warp doesn't activate and it's just like you are stepping into a wall. The tile I'm using for the warp that doesn't work (if this matters) is the one that is a cave exit that has light shining through it. It is in Tileset 15. (The Mt. Moon tileset) I think this may have something to do with the Unknown value? Help please?

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
Crystal, I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it...

Find the tile that you want to place the warp on
go to 'Block editor' (Purple jigsaw piece in advance map)
Select the tile
On the right is a menu called 'Behaviour byte'.
Set the Behaviour Byte to 'Use warp' #61

That's how I got it working in mine.

blue

gucci
Years
I believe music in FRLG is dependent on the Trainer Class, and not by music number and stuff. Meaning, without ASM, only trainers with the Trainer Class "Gym Leader" (or is it just "Leader"...I don't remember, but you get the idea) will play that theme. Same with Champion music and everything else.

I know, I've set it as Leader and everything else is according to what it should be but it just seems to play the default music still, maybe it's just an error but I'm sure people have done it before.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Crystal, I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it...

Find the tile that you want to place the warp on
go to 'Block editor' (Purple jigsaw piece in advance map)
Select the tile
On the right is a menu called 'Behaviour byte'.
Set the Behaviour Byte to 'Use warp' #61

That's how I got it working in mine.

Ah, I figured it out. There are several different floor tiles that look the exact same. But the behavior of some of them is different. There is one floor tile that warps you if you step down. But without your information, I wouldn't have figured it out, so thanks!

Years
Cool! So I just change the 97 in hex to something else at the offset 0x10352C? And the Kanto dex will have, lets say 253 regional Pokemon. Also, how would I change the name of Kanto to my region? Thanks!

I dont think you need to... It only shows up as 'Pokedex' if you dont have the national dex. :)

edit: ya... change the 96 & 97 to whatever number you want, then change the bytes that restrict evolutions.

How do i make a frame for trainer sprites so that i can animate them?

I think it works the same way as making animated pokemon. ie inserting them as 128x64 images.

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years

I know, I've set it as Leader and everything else is according to what it should be but it just seems to play the default music still, maybe it's just an error but I'm sure people have done it before.

Just to make sure, try intro music 6 and unknown 7. That plays a gym leader song for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back