The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 26th, 2013 (08:03 AM).
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knzy2 View Post
Snivy/Servine/Serperior
- Snivy is my favorite Gen. 5 starter, so I feel like I have to choose him. Also, none of the other grass types in the game interest me too much.
Not much to say. Grass types are really underwhelming and the only one that really got me into them was Sceptile, who is of dragon's blood -- being able to learn Dragon Claw, Dragon Breath, and the likes. Nonetheless, Serperior's better with his Dream World ability.

If it's just because you want him, no ones stopping you. Fire/Fighting is quite old (altho emboar is the only one i like among the fire/fighting starters) and i hate Oshawott... so good choice.

Quote:
Riolu/Lucario or Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
- I've been going back and forth between the two, and both seem like really good choices for a team. Though I'm leaning towards Riolu and Lucario since they are obtainable earlier in the game than the Magnemite line.
IMO, Magnezone is better in the long run. You may use Riolu/Lucario when you get him... but I think you should switch to magnemite immediately as you get it.

Quote:
Psyduck/Golduck or Staryu/Starmie
- I know that Staryu and Starmie are the better choices, but a part of me wants to use Psyduck and Golduck because they available much earlier in the game than the other two.
Not bad. Starmie has recover though, which i love (and am annoyed with) from water types. But if it's just to have a SURFer, Golduck's not bad. He could manage.

Quote:
Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
- From what I can tell, Zubat and their evolutions aren't too bad in this game. It seems more fun, interesting and effective than choosing a regular and generic flying type like Pidove.
Crobat's evolutions were never too bad. In fact, they're one of the best flyers - not counting legendaries and dragon/flying hybrids. Pidove's not even worth mentioning in Crobat's face. XP

Quote:
Volcarona
- I've never used one of these before, and it seems like it would work somewhat well. I really want a fire type for my team, and Volcarona is the only one that really catches my eye .
<3 not bad, but do remember that Larvesta only evolves at level 59 (2nd longest pokemon to evolve; 1st being hydreigon @64)... so just be patient.

Quote:
Sneasel/Weavile
- I don't feel like my team's complete without an ice type, and Sneasel is one of my favorite ice types design wise and gameplay wise. I don't know if Sneasel is better or worse than Swinub or Vanillite, but it's just a personal preference.
One of my personal favorites as well. Weavile's actually a great ice type, as he's the fastest Ice pokemon you could ever get (i think it ties only with a legendary poke). Teach it ice punch and you're ready to go. However, it's walled by a lot of other typings though. On the bright side, you could use it best against Dragons and Flying pokemon -- 2 of which are very common in most teams.

Do remember that most steel types would counter you real hard.

As for ice types in general, Glaceon's pretty awesome too...

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old July 8th, 2013 (09:25 PM).
Airhead
Merry Christmas because I DON'T KNOW

Nature: Brave
I just got my big sister's file on Pokemon Pearl (not against her will) and I am up to the bit where Cheryl is taking me deep into the forest to kill me. So it's not to late to change my team.

Starly: DO NOT WANT!!

Shinx: Well, it's evolutions are powerful and cool. So I wanna keep it.

Chimchar: I like it, but if anyone has any information to share on it's strength, I am willing to boot it.

Budew: I want Roselia! :x

Buizel: Willing to boot... ish.

That is my team so far. Plus I am gunning for an Aipom so if anyone has anything to say to that, well, please do.

Thanks! :D
Old July 9th, 2013 (12:08 AM).
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu View Post
I just got my big sister's file on Pokemon Pearl (not against her will) and I am up to the bit where Cheryl is taking me deep into the forest to kill me. So it's not to late to change my team.

Starly: DO NOT WANT!!

Shinx: Well, it's evolutions are powerful and cool. So I wanna keep it.

Chimchar: I like it, but if anyone has any information to share on it's strength, I am willing to boot it.

Budew: I want Roselia! :x

Buizel: Willing to boot... ish.

That is my team so far. Plus I am gunning for an Aipom so if anyone has anything to say to that, well, please do.

Thanks! :D
Half of your team matches with my team of Platinum. I will suggest you to skip Aipom and replace it with Gible which is tank in battling
Old July 9th, 2013 (12:12 AM).
Airhead

Cool beans.

Replace Aipom??? :O I should edit that... I don't wanna. :X I love it's crazy cuteness and how in the anime it is proud and even cuter.
Old July 9th, 2013 (10:34 PM).
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
LOL this is not an anime you know but anyways I gave you my suggestions because Dragon types are always Powerful Pokes
Old July 10th, 2013 (01:04 AM).
Airhead

I suppose Dragon Types have their uses, but finding a Haxerous/Gible is gonna be tough. :/ I'll do my best. I'll test Aipom (as soon as I catch that little doofus) then if I am satisfied, I will keep him... if not... well... it better get used to the PC for a couple of years... eheheheheheehehe!!! >:D
Old July 10th, 2013 (01:23 AM).
vb7200

Here's my team in Heart Gold:

Palkia Lv. 100
Giratina Lv. 100
MewTwo Lv. 91
Ho-Oh Lv. 100
Arceus Lv. 100
Raikou Lv. 94

Any thoughts?
Also, which is the best out of all the Beasts? Should I switch out Ho-Oh with one of the Birds?
Old July 10th, 2013 (01:59 AM).
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
Oh wow, you seem to like using Legendarys (I avoid using them u,u) I'd say that the best thing to do is to keep in Ho-Oh as its one of the few physicals on your team, and maybe get out Palkia or Giratina for a more physical pokemon (Dragonite)
Old July 10th, 2013 (05:59 AM).
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
So, I hopped on my Nintendo DS and put in Pearl (NOT stolen from my sister :D) And had a look for Pokemon around the area you're up to. Here's what I found, the pickings were pretty slim. SPOILER:
Spoiler:
I found Bidoof!

Shinx: Yes

Budew: Roserade is good.

Misdreavus: I found this in Eterna Forest at nighttime. Currently using one in Pokemon Colosseum nicknamed Daria, I like her You can evolve her into Mismagius, since this is 4th gen.

Chimchar: Keep him for now at least, I don't like the design but at least you'll sweep Gardenia easy. Also, a fighting type move might help you with more coverage later.

Bidoof: Useful for HM slaving. You want him, don't deny

Others found: Wurmple, Silcoon, Dustox, Machop, Gastly, Cleffa (could replace Misdreavus but needs trade to evolve to Gengar), Meditite, Ponyta (could replace Chimchar), Buneary, Chingling! (found at night, not strong but I love Chimecho <3)
Old July 10th, 2013 (07:08 AM).
Cynthia ™
Champion

I accidentally posted in the wrong Forum yesterday, asking about a Beginner Team. However, after reading the post and discussing it with my Friends; they suggested that instead of all 6 slots, I focus on 3.

Riolu, Oshawott/Snivy, and Mareep.

or

Riolu, Oshawott/Snivy, and Pidove.

Old July 10th, 2013 (07:28 AM).
ShiningLust
Gym Leader of Ground Oden

Nature: Jolly
the first set of Pokemon is the better team if u EV trade them right

Egg Swap is back for GT10! Join us now and get swapping!
Pokemon White 2
Trainer Name: Oden
Friend Code: 4299-4642-0391
3DS Friend Name: Oden
3DS Friend Code: 3969-4646-3728
Old July 10th, 2013 (09:43 PM).
Airhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by O07_eleven View Post
So, I hopped on my Nintendo DS and put in Pearl (NOT stolen from my sister :D) And had a look for Pokemon around the area you're up to. Here's what I found, the pickings were pretty slim. SPOILER:
Spoiler:
I found Bidoof!

Shinx: Yes

Budew: Roserade is good.

Misdreavus: I found this in Eterna Forest at nighttime. Currently using one in Pokemon Colosseum nicknamed Daria, I like her You can evolve her into Mismagius, since this is 4th gen.

Chimchar: Keep him for now at least, I don't like the design but at least you'll sweep Gardenia easy. Also, a fighting type move might help you with more coverage later.

Bidoof: Useful for HM slaving. You want him, don't deny

Others found: Wurmple, Silcoon, Dustox, Machop, Gastly, Cleffa (could replace Misdreavus but needs trade to evolve to Gengar), Meditite, Ponyta (could replace Chimchar), Buneary, Chingling! (found at night, not strong but I love Chimecho <3)

Sounds okay. I just defeated Gardenia now I am in Hearthome city and stuff. I have a Misdreavus so I can replace somebody else in my party. I want a Gengar but it can wait. Is a Meditite a good choice? Also, I dislike Bidoof. Not in looks, but in strength. It is kind of weak and it doesn't have very good stats. Would Cleffa be a good? :D
Old July 10th, 2013 (11:14 PM).
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu View Post
Sounds okay. I just defeated Gardenia now I am in Hearthome city and stuff. I have a Misdreavus so I can replace somebody else in my party. I want a Gengar but it can wait. Is a Meditite a good choice? Also, I dislike Bidoof. Not in looks, but in strength. It is kind of weak and it doesn't have very good stats. Would Cleffa be a good? :D
Bidoof is good not for battling, just for breaking through HM obstacles when you're travelling on routes between cities or in caves. I'm honestly not good at putting together a team, my advice is to just keep playing as you want and pick up Pokemon that suit you along the way
Old July 11th, 2013 (08:15 AM).
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

@Gym Leader Rozu, alienhunterx, and O07_eleven: In-game team help with incomplete/pending teams belong here, so I moved the posts.

Moved~

Old July 12th, 2013 (07:30 PM).
bigjon357

Ok, so heres a b/w team at L56 atm. i need help with moves. anything else u want to add is also useful. Thanks

Glalie-Bashful with:icebeam,blizzard,iceshard,hail.

Gengar-Relaxed With:hypnosis,dreameater,shadowball,destiny bond.
Zoroark-modest :darkpulse,counter,nightslash,foulplay.

Gastrodon-Jolly: earthquake,recover,couter,mirrorcoat.

skymory-serious: fly,skyattack,nightslash,steelwing
Old July 13th, 2013 (12:17 AM). Edited July 13th, 2013 by Meaii.
Meaii
The countdown begins ...

Nature: Gentle
Hey there!

In my opinion, I've always been quite good at playing through the storyline and post-game, but my weakest point has always been teambuilding. Since I have recently deleted my save file as I haven't played it for months, I think I'm going to play Pokèmon White 2 again!

The only 3 things I need/want are Tepig (of course Emboar later on in the game), a team that will give success in many of the Gyms and the Pokèmon League and an idea of movesets.

Thanks in advance!

23 days until~
Old July 13th, 2013 (01:41 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Lucario, Eelektross, Krookodile, Vaporeon, Espeon =)
And replace Tepig with Volcarona
This team will let you win anything with ease.

But you should play with your favorites to enjoy the game more.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 13th, 2013 (01:56 AM). Edited July 19th, 2013 by wolf.
Meaii
The countdown begins ...

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Lucario, Eelektross, Krookodile, Vaporeon, Espeon =)
And replace Tepig with Volcarona ;)
This team will let you win anything with ease.

But you should play with your favorites to enjoy the game more.
Ooops, sorry! I forgot to add in to the post that I am also in need of some live sets, I'll edit that in now!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey there!

I did post this in the In-Game Team Questions Thread, but according to Srinator that was in the wrong place and told me to make a thread instead.

In my opinion, I've always been quite good at playing through the storyline and post-game, but my weakest point has always been teambuilding. Since I have recently deleted my save file as I haven't played it for months, I think I'm going to play Pokèmon White 2 again!

The only 5 things I need/want are Tepig (of course Emboar later on in the game), a Pokémon for flying but hopefully not a HM Slave, some sort of Water type for surfing and other moves like that and possibly a HM Slave, a team that will give success in many of the Gyms and the Pokèmon League and an idea of movesets.

Thanks in advance!

23 days until~

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links