• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Pokémon [of Each Type]?

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Okay, here goes...

Ground - Since Larvitar is a secondary ground type, i wont say him. Instead, It'll be the Marowak line. Y'know, they've got the bones in their hand, and the feeling of swinging and hitting others with it sounds cool. XD
Normal - Ditto! because Transform. :P
Fighting - Lucario because his design is awesome, and AURA SPHERE!
Flying - Rayquaza because he's cool, he's great, and he is a dragon!
Poison - the Nido Family! Whether its a he or a she i like the Nidos. They're very strong! and their final evo are HALF GROUND! XD
Rock - The Tyranitar Line! THEY ARE MY ALL TIME FAVORITE! Nuff said.
Bug - The Scizor Line! The slashin' and hackin'.. I can't get enough of 'em!
Ghost - the Gengar Line! tbh, they're the only ghost type i like, haha.
Steel - Metagross! I like him, and he is a friggin' pseudo legendary!
Fire- Typhlosion! A pure fire, non overrated, starter! what more can you ask for?
Water - Kingler! He's a crab. He's asymmetrical. and most importntly..... "COOKIE COOKIE" XD
Grass - Bulbasaur! coz he's NUMBAH 1!
Electric - Ampharos 'cause lighthouse. :D
Psychic - Victini! He's so cuuuute....and strong! :D Lugia too 'cause I just love Lugia. ;)
Ice - Mamoswine Line 'cause they're cool! and half ground. XD
Dragon - Haxorus Line! yeah, just love 'em
Dark - Umbreon 'cause i really don't like the others, well except absol...but Umbreon > Absol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2016
Normal: porygon2
Grass: cacturne
Dark: Bisharp
Fight: Scraffty
Fire: heatmor
water: Crawdaunt
Ice: Cryogonal
Dragon: Druddigon
psychic: hypno
steel: Aggron
ground: Krookodile
rock: gigalith
poison: drapion
flying: aerodactyl
bug: Escavalier
electric: Electabuzz
ghost: Cofragrigus
fairy: gardevoir (at this moment)

Years
Spoiler:

Years
My favorite pokémon of all time is and always will be Ninetales. I love the majestic design, the adorable foxiness, fire is my favorite pokémon type, and they haven't failed me much in battle. I've always raised at least one Ninetales in every game I've owned and I've used it as a main for one game's story. I love the regular version and the shiny. I wish the shiny was actually white instead of silver but I can't complain much because they are both so pretty.

A second favorite is Blaziken because I played Ruby the most of any game to date and I find all of its evolutions very cute and great in battle. Plus it was the original fire/fighting type. I guess in a way it made the other fire starters jealous and they had to copy.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
Normal: Meoletta. sexy pokemon lol plus I like how she can transform people(plus good chance of sleep) with relic song. Okay I am just kidding. All jokes aside my REAL Favorite normal pokemon is "prince charming" aka Ciccino. Lol. You may think I am on something....but make him mad and he b slaps you with his tails. lol

Grass: Close choice between vena and sceptile but I pick venasaur. Lefeon is also a fave of mine. It looks so adorable and I love the colors on it. Tangrowth is also great. plus its vines reminds me of my own hair lool

Dark: Umbreon. so dark and mysterious

Fight: Hard to decide...hmm....Lucario.

Fire: Blaziken. OMG THE MOST OP AND COOLEST MON EVER. But typholsion is also good(with the most cutest pre evo ever. cyndaquil). Buuuut victini is also a fave too(plus its adorrable.) umm...I believe ima still go with blaziken

water: Slowbro. Lol. I duno why but he is one heck of a cool mon. and dat derpy look looool. Vaporeon is also a fave of mine but not quite close. I seirousl just love the eveelutions so its no supriese lol

Ice: Glaceon. The sexy animal of the snow

Dragon: Dragonite. Dragonscale makes him bulky. plus he looks great

psychic: This adorable little wish caster also has the bonus of kickin buts hard with his paraflinch combo. latios and latias are also faves of mine with latios having being such a power house. latias has my fave coler and is also a great power house as swell.

steel: Metagross. Get in his way and you DIE

ground: Swampart. nuff said

rock: rhyperior. this bad boy fought a legendary to the death.

poison: nidoking/queen

flying: charizard. nuff said. Though skarmory, the bird wall is also a fave birdie of mine too.

bug: Scizor. has been by my side since the beggining.

electric: helioptile lol. Just kidding. Thundurus T is my fave elec.

ghost: Gengar. Kills and sweeps like a boss. nuff said. Chandellure comes close to being cooler than gengar howeever.....

fairy: sylveon. she is soooo kawaaaiii.(I want to mary her if I were a pokemon). But xereneas is also my fave too.....

Last edited:
Years
Bug: Vivillon
Dark: Absol, followed by Umbreon
Dragon: Reshiram
Electric: Flaaffy
Fairy: Sylveon, followed by Xerneas
Fighting: Mienshao
Fire: Reshiram
Flying: Noivern
Ghost: Chandelure
Grass: Chikorita
Ground: Larvitar
Ice: Articuno
Normal: Eevee/Audino (can't decide)
Poison: Crobat
Psychic: Mew, followed by Espeon
Rock: Larvitar
Steel: Scizor
Water: Suicune

As for why...my favorites are almost all based solely on their designs/colors. I could care less about stats/abilities, and I suck at battling anyway.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Which is your favorite Pokemon of each type?

This thread is mainly just for fun and I'm feeling pretty bored at the moment, so seeing everyone's favorite Pokemon of each type might make things more entertaining. :D

Here is a link to the Pokemon Database to make things a bit easier!

Grass - Whimsicott
Fire - Vulpix
Water - Vaporeon
Bug - Volcarona
Flying - Togekiss
Normal - Eevee
Electric - Flaaffy
Poison - Vileplume
Ground - Flygon
Dragon - Latias
Fighting - Keldeo (resolute form)
Psychic - Celebi
Ghost - Misdreavus
Rock - Kabuto
Ice - Lapras
Steel - Jirachi
Dark - Umbreon

I did coloured writing for the fun of it. :P You guys can make your posts more detailed if you like, I'm just too lazy. {XD}

(It's okay to close this thread, I don't mind).

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Grass - Black Door (pokestar studio prop)
Fire - Chandelure
Water - Totodile
Bug - Wurmple
Flying - Gyrados
Normal - F-00 (pokestar studio prop)
Electric - Eelektross, but I gotta call it Shibirudon.
Poison - Gengar
Ground - Larvitar
Dragon - Rayquaza
Fighting - Gallade
Psychic - Gardevoir
Ghost - Chandelure, again
Rock - Shieldon
Ice - Vanillite
Steel - Mawile
Dark - Monster (pokestar studio prop)

Years
Considering that we already have an active thread asking the same thing over in Pokemon Voting Polls, I'm going to merge your posts with that thread. Please make sure to search if there's already a thread actively discussing a topic before posting a new one next time. Thanks!

MERGED.

Years
My favorite Pokemon is Larvitar, it has a simple design, it's pokedex entry says it can eat a mountain, and it can become Tyrannitar, one of the strongest dark type Pokemon ever, even though it is weak to fighting types, but thats why I have Golurk.

Years
I still think my favorite overall Pokemon are Tyranitar, Raikou, Chandelure & Braviary. I try to use all of them in a game if I get the chance, or migrate them over at some point.

As for the rest of the types, going by primary type:

Fire: Gotta Be Arcanine here. One of the first Pokemon I really loved.
Water: Gyarados or Kingdra.
Grass: Cacturne is amazing. Scarecrow design is eerie and very well done.
Ice: Mamoswine. It's a wooly mammoth. What's not to like?
Normal: Ursaring. Bear Pokemon need more love.
Dark: Second favorite type. Gotta go with Honchkrow or Houndoom. Boss. B)
Psychic: I really like Gallade, and its knight/warrior motif.
Ground: Rhyperior. I love pretty much all the Gen IV evolutions.
Steel: Steelix, cool name and really cool design.
Bug: Scizor. It's like the definitive Bug type.
Dragon: Garchomp. One of the most BA Pokemon there is.
Fairy: So far, I actually really like Swirlix the most.
Poison: Toxicroak. It's a menacing toxic frog.
Fighting: Machamp. One of my original favorites, had a really strong one in RBY.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Vulpix is my favorite fire-type. It's cute and extremely cuddly. My favorite water-type is Suicune. I love its beauty and elegance. For grass, my favorite is Cherrim. Its smile is just simply adorable. Chansey is my favorite normal Pokémon. It's able to endure a lot of hits in battles, and when it's holding Eviolite, it could become even more vicious. Salamance is my favorite dragon. Either that, or Garchomp. My favorite ground-type Pokémon is Hippowdon. It's got heavy bulk, and has the ability to summon sandstorm as soon as it's out of its Poké Ball. Scizor is my favorite bug-type. It's quite powerful physically, and it has the ability to take out almost any Pokémon with just one Bullet Punch. Metagross is my favorite steel-type. I'm a big fan of its design. When it comes to rock, my favorite Pokémon is Aerodactyl. My favorite flying-type is probably Pidgeot, since that was the very first flying Pokémon that I ever got my hands on. Espeon has gotta be my favorite psychic-type Pokémon, and Umbreon is my favorite dark-type. d: Machamp is my favorite fighting Pokémon. With access to No Guard and DynamicPunch, it's able to take down anything that ever gets in its path. My favorite poison-type Pokémon is definitely Toxicroak. It has a very nice-looking design, and it's a great sweeper. And finally, my favorite ghost-type is Gengar. I love its story about being Clefable's shadow, and when it comes to competitive battling, it could make a great special-attacker for any team.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
Fire: Charizard.

Charizard has and always will be my favorite Fire-type Pokemon. When I first played Blue all those years ago, he was easily one of the most powerful members of my team. Call Charizard an over-rated Pokemon to choose here, but aside from Arcanine or Vulpix, I have not been pleased with the choice of Fire-types that are available.

Water: Oshawott *obviously*

If you had asked me before the fifth Generation, I would have easily said Squirtle. But after the release of Black and White, I fell in love instantly with Oshawott. I have a huge love for Sea otters, and when I got a first glance at Oshawott, I knew instantly that I would love him. His evolution chain's design, in my opinion, was really awesome, and I appreciated his powerful moveset to boot.

Grass: Serperior

I've always liked Treecko and his evolutionary line since third Gen. But after the arrival of Black and White, after my first play-through, watching Cheren's Snivy go through it's stages. I loved the design, and once I got my hands on Black 2, I chose Snivy in a heart beat. I absolutely loved him during that playthrough, and he absolutely wrecked the biggest portion of the Gyms I went through.

Ice: Beartic.

I've always been known as a Polar bear due to my abnormal resistance to the cold. I actually embrace cooler weather, and Winter is one of my favorite seasons. Personal aspects asides, I found him immensely useful against Draydon and the Elite Four.

Normal: Stoutland.

I love dogs, and Scottish culture. So when I first saw that Stoutland was designed to resemble a giant Scottish terrier, a mixture of two things I really like, I instantly enjoyed it. For Black and Black 2, I made sure to have a Stoutland on my team, it's stats were astronomical, and it's moveset was really useful.

Dark: Umbreon

Again, this guy looked like a cat or a dog, take your pick. For Gold/Silver, HG/SS, I made sure to use him. He was really good to use against Will, and while his move pool was a little lacking, I made up for it with useful TMs. Overall, a great design and a great Pokemon to use.

Psychic: Espeon.

Basically, it's the same with Umbreon. I loved the design of the Pokemon, and I actually preferred her moveset over Umbreons. I made sure to have her alongside my Umbreon on my team.

Ground: Dugtrio.

Another first Generation Pokemon for you all. When I first went through Pokemon Blue, I needed something powerful to take down Lt. Surge. On my first visit in Diglett Cave, I met a level 27 Dugtrio that wrecked Surge's team. I was so amazed that I brought him all the way, he successfully ended up beating Gary's Arcanine.

Steel: Steelix

You evolved Onix?! FREAKING SWEET! I regrettably never used Steelix. Definitely thinking about it in the near future. But Steelix's design, along with being the figurehead of the Steel type, I think he's easily one of my favorites.

Bug: Heracross.

He's a Fighting/Bug type. Besides his 4x weakness to Flying and Psychic, he really had a nice design, and when I first encountered him during the Bug Catching Competition, I instantly loved him. Sadly I boxed him after beating Jasmine, where I coincidentally first met a Steelix.

Dragon: Dragonite.

He was one of the first Dragon-Types I have ever had the pleasure of having on my team. He fought against both of Lance's with ease, and made them seem like Chumps. In every game that has had Dratini available, I tend to put this monster on my team. I even traded one over to my Pearl version to take Cynthia's Garchomp to the cleaners.

Second favorite would be Zekrom.

Fairy: Xerneas

This is mostly because I like his design, and his ability PROMOTES Fairy type moves. However, whenever I actually get my hands on a 3DS and X *that's the version I want to get*, I'll definitely try out other Fairy types and make a final decision.

Second favorite would be Gardevoir *again, this is only temporary*.

Poison: Scolipede.

Not really a big fan of ANY poison types, or the type itself to be perfectly honest. However, I used Scolipede in Black 2 and haven't regretted my decision.

Fighting: Sawk.

Never could get into Machamp, mostly because I could never trade my Machoke. I like Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, but something about Sawk and Throh were really significant, even though I came to like Sawk more than Throh.

Electric: Raichu.

This was fairly simple, the only other Electric type I can't go without is Pichu. So essentially, I could say either one, as they are both in the same family line. Their designs, along with being so cute and cuddly looking, are really cool. They have pouches to store electricity in them, and their tails are shaped like lightning bolts. I've always enjoyed their movepool and stats above the rest.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Grass: Serperior
Water: Gyarados
Fire: Volcarona
Ice: Cloyster
Normal: Linoone
Fighting: Breloom
Flying: Jumpluff
Poison: Victreebel
Ground: Sandslash
Rock: Gigalith
Bug: Durant
Ghost: Gengar
Steel: Ferrothorn
Electric: Eelektross
Psychic: Sigilyph
Dragon: Haxorus
Dark: Honchkrow
Fairy: So far... Xerneas

Yup, I think that's just about it.

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
Grass: Chikorita
Water: Suicune
Fire: Flareon
Ice: Glailie
Normal: Linoone
Fighting: Lucario
Flying: Pidgiot
Poison: koffing
Ground: Sandsrew
Rock: Onix
Bug: Heracross
Ghost: Hantar
Steel: Steelix
Electric: PIKACHU!!!!!
Psychic: Solosis
Dragon: Dragonite
Dark: Umbreon
Fairy: Sylveon

Over all favorite....................................................................CHIKORITA!!!!!!!!!
Chikorita was one of the first pokemon I saw and loved it. It was SO CUTE. I like all the other grass pokemon, but no pokemon will EVER replace Chikorita in being the my number 1 favorite pokemon. :)

Last edited:
Back