• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Gigaplox

Years
Howdy.

gigaplox-logo.png

So, What is Gigaplox?

I'm making a mobile/facebook-app centric game with a pokemon twist. All original content, concepts, etc. Though, expect inspiration from many games you may be familiar with, such as, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Ragnarok Online.

Server driven. I want to capture the feel of pokemon with the ability to share progress, experience, and twist some mechanics to encourage a social environment.

overworld.jpg

Writing it in 3d, you can navigate around using NavMesh in Unity, this is the "isometric overworld". I'm doing concept modeling which isn't my forte, since I'm a programmer.

battle.jpg

Here's my real early prototype for battling. I wanted to make it spiced up a bit from pokemon, by being inspired by final fantasy's TBS, and centralize a 2v2 mechanic with creatures in reserve, opening up skills that can have combos much easier, but also not overwhelming management with 4+ creatures. It also allows me to design larger "Boss" entities for harder battles.

Do you like the idea? Tell me what you'd love to see in this, if you do.

Back