• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XY Battle Backgrounds

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I have been working on ripping some of the battle backgrounds for use in Pillars of Destiny, and I figured I would upload what I have so far for you all. You probably need to do some re-sizing, as the size is not meant for your typical Essentials screen size. I will finish them up over the weekend, or what I can get of them anyways. Some of the more common ones you can find elsewhere are not included in the file as of right now. Hope you enjoy :D. Please credit if used.

Here are a couple samples (4/32):

2woauc6.png
2vbn53o.png
2lkfeop.png
mjtw82.png

Last edited:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
And that is why you are awesome, dear sir!

Just a question though, I see hints of spritework in the backgrounds, however they are blurred, are the backgrounds supposed to be a little blurry? I can't recall. :S

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
They are as clear as I could get them. They are ripped from video recordings not the actual ROM, otherwise they would be clearer.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Ah! That explains it!
Since I need to scale them down it will work fine anyway!

Let's hope for a 3DS emulator soon, so we can rip them for real!

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Ah! That explains it!
Since I need to scale them down it will work fine anyway!

Let's hope for a 3DS emulator soon, so we can rip them for real!

Clearer rips can also be done by anyone who has a 3DS and a capture card.

Added 14 more backgrounds. Some of the sizes are off as there were some issue getting them in the normal size. For those that are re-sizing, it should not be much of an issue at all.

There are now a total of 32 backgrounds, and this is where I am finished grabbing them. I have most of them in these packs, there were some I could not get because I could not take them from a 1080p video. The Elite 4 was the exception, where I took them from a 720p video and that was really just to round out the resource pack. The few that are missing are rather trivial.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
wow man great rips, also the quality is great!

how did you ripped them (without 3ds cabel)?

FlexxGaming

Pokemon XY PC Edition Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
Just what I needed! Thank you!

My first post on the Pokecommunity forums :D

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
Dang, great work.
--------------------
I hope to see more of these.

ReVaN777

Creator of Pokemon Titanium
Years
Thanks for the release, I was actually in the middle of editing my own BG but this will save me some time. Credit Wil be given for your contribution.

Back