• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
what's the best mapping tutorial out there?

I'm making a hack from scratch and my early maps look rather good but know im running dry on ideas and techniques

any1 can recommend a good mapping tutorial that can maybe help improve my current skills?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
what's the best mapping tutorial out there?

I'm making a hack from scratch and my early maps look rather good but know im running dry on ideas and techniques

any1 can recommend a good mapping tutorial that can maybe help improve my current skills?

Well heading over to the documents and tutorial sections, you're bound to find a few. Which one is best is completely up to you. You have to be the decider for that.
And don't just follow tutorials to a T, add some variety, give it your own flair, develop your own style. Then maybe one day YOU'LL be writing tutorials for mapping people will refer to.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
I'm hacking Pokemon HeartGold. What are the NARCs I need to import to a current Rom?
I know It'll be Gyms, Trainers and Wild Pokemon but what are the file names and folders?

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
hey I have big problems with palettes when tile inserting. Is it a simple question or is it better to make a new thread?

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
hum, I followed lots of tutorials but when I try inserting, 2 differents things happen, depending on the method I used. Transparent color switch with last color in palette and I can't solve the problem. Or, with the second method, the palette is ok, but when inserting, the tileset uses only 3 out of the 16 colors in the palette.
I'm trying to insert the original RGBY tiles

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 12, 2011
Going to further into my question, how does one rip tilesets from DPPt/HGSS. Then how would one edit it to insert for gba hacked gameplay.

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Going to further into my question, how does one rip tilesets from DPPt/HGSS. Then how would one edit it to insert for gba hacked gameplay.
1) Spriters resource has some tilesets to rip.
2) There's tutorials on that.

Does anyone know where I can download some graphics for my Pokemon hack on here? I don't like having vanilla graphics.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 12, 2011

Does anyone know where I can download some graphics for my Pokemon hack on here? I don't like having vanilla graphics.
But isnt the tileset graphics and coloring for ds games different and need to be edited to fit gba games?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024

You could either use a ROM Base, or look in the Pixel Art section, yet you need to credit the original creators, and also make sure you are allowed to use them beforehand.

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
The search would help you
But here's a link for ya now
Next time try harder
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193327

Also, LOL HAIKU
There are no graphics in there. At all.

Question: I've counted. A bunch of times. I'm ABSOLUTELY SURE that there's 16 colors in this image. But it doesn't work.
ilianfront2.png

How many palettes are in there?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
There are no graphics in there. At all.

Question: I've counted. A bunch of times. I'm ABSOLUTELY SURE that there's 16 colors in this image. But it doesn't work.
ilianfront.png

How many palettes are in there?

What do you mean there are no graphics in the resource thread? There are tons.

Have you indexed the OW? If you have, are you using Windows 7 Paint - I've heard that it doesn't support pallets.

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
First it was a link to the tools section.

Also, no, I'm not using Paint. And what do you mean by "indexed"? What does that have to do with palettes?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
First it was a link to the tools section.

Also, no, I'm not using Paint. And what do you mean by "indexed"? What does that have to do with palettes?

Strange... When I click it, it goes to the resource thread.

Indexing means assigning a pallete to an image so only the colours in the pallete can be used. In this case, it is resticting an image to 16 colours. Most graphic related tutorials use Photoshop or a program called Irfan View to do this, such as in this tutorial here (even though the pictures are missing).

zirico

M.C.F.C
Years
Can someone please generate an AR code to rename the first pokemon in my party 'Celebi'? I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I couldn't see anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back