• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pearl hack: Pokemon Ruby Magma

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelan98

Bendiciones y buenas noches
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
The maps, events, minisprites and other things that I made are private and unique for my hack. If you want to create a remake of Ruby and Sapphire, please, create your own things.

mikelan98

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
Obviously: these were the ones I took as a base and later were completed by Rata.

And the maps, tiles, sprites and other?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2020
This one is already looking further along than the other hack not only that but it is on an english rom and on a different game so I don't think it was stolen I think that they both picked a logical name and you can't really call using the same game to remake as stealing it. Also the person has shown where they got their sprites so yeah.

mikelan98

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
This one is already looking further along than the other hack not only that but it is on an english rom and on a different game so I don't think it was stolen I think that they both picked a logical name and you can't really call using the same game to remake as stealing it. Also the person has shown where they got their sprites so yeah.

I'm sure you're a multiaccounting of Team Plasma's Marie. It shows clearly that she have stolen my hack. If she don't remove this hack now, I will notify a moderator/administrator for a resolution.

EDIT: I can not believe that no moderator has noticed this. But what really I can not believe is that the two moderators of this section approve the thead without realizing that it was a stolen hack.

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I'm sure you're a multiaccounting of Team Plasma's Marie. It shows clearly that she have stolen my hack. If she don't remove this hack now, I will notify a moderator/administrator for a resolution.

EDIT: I can not believe that no moderator has noticed this. But what really I can not believe is that the two moderators of this section approve the thead without realizing that it was a stolen hack.

You can't just accuse someone of multi accounting without some proof other than them defending.

But, I don't see what your problem is.
It's a remake of ruby, yours is a remake of sapphire, Yours is on Diamond, this is is on pearl.

Since they're both R/S remakes, sprites and maps and events are going to be similar if not the same, R/S/E's aren't exactly the most original of ideas, many people have tried it.

mikelan98

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
You can't just accuse someone of multi accounting without some proof other than them defending.

But, I don't see what your problem is.
It's a remake of ruby, yours is a remake of sapphire, Yours is on Diamond, this is is on pearl.

Since they're both R/S remakes, sprites and maps and events are going to be similar if not the same, R/S/E's aren't exactly the most original of ideas, many people have tried it.

Have you seen the scans? They were 100% identical to my game. I'll wait until October 1: if the game has one thing of mine, I hope that the moderators take action.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
When I saw the scans, he had different tiles. That's it.
But lots of things will be the same, since they're both remakes of the same set of games.

It would only be a serious thing if you'd made a hack with your own story characters and towns, and he/she took from that.

Years
See my info
Pokémon Magma Ruby Mikelan98's version is Spanish
Pokémon Magma Ruby Marie's version is English
Different Tilesets

I know very little about hacking 4th Generation games, but I'd imagine text editing and editing certain tiles are amongst the simple things. What's more, the tilesets are.. really not that different to one another. In fact unless I'm mistaken, they seem to be entirely the same.
Spoiler:

While the screenshots provided are taken in different areas to those of mikelan98's hack, on close inspection the Oldale Town map is the same, as is the Route 102 map. A fair bit of work goes into maps in the 4th generation games, so it's a bit too much of a coincidence that they'd be exactly the same, so at the very least I'm assuming map data was copied from mikelan's ROM.

I'd like to say that, upon approval, when I read "mikelan's hack" in the credits, I'd immediately assumed this was the hack in question, having completely forgotten about his Ruby/Sapphire remake: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305765
That was a mistake on my part- however given the actual crediting of mikelan98, it's perhaps somewhat understandable that I mightn't have been as sceptical as I perhaps should have been. I will be in touch with both Team Plasma's Marie and mikelan98. This thread will remain closed until the matter is resolved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back