• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
There were three silhouettes but that doesn't mean all three are Pokemon. >.>

First Silhouette was with the battle mock up that I said looked like it was from Sylveon's video. Later at the end of Smash a red boxed ? came up over a card. Matsuda was also shown holding a Blue boxed ? covered card. The Red boxed and Battle mock up are probably the same Pokemon. One being the 3D art the other being Sugimori Art. The thing Matsuda is holding is probably another wifi event...I really won't put it past them. Happened twice already, I have a sneaking suspicion there is a third.

So I'm seeing only 1 new Pokemon. Keep in mind every time we have had "Big" news...its been something fairly stupid.
In that case, I only expect to see one new Pokémon revealed, with the possibility of one or two more in the next CoroCoro scans. The latter being more of a hope than an expectation.

PokéBeach also reports that a new trailer will be shown, although likely to be another small snippet of the new Pokémon they're hiding in the battle mock up that looks similar to Sylveon's.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wish they would show more backgrounds beyond that one...
I'm glad we'll finally have something to speculate about that isn't Sylveon, final starter evolutions, or Mascots. I hope it's an evolution of an old Pokémon tbh.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Anyone have images of these silhouettes? It'd be helpful if the rest of us knew what they looked like.

If I missed images or links, my apologies, please point me to them.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Anyone have images of these silhouettes? It'd be helpful if the rest of us knew what they looked like.

If I missed images or links, my apologies, please point me to them.

Cyclone

smash-x-y.jpg

smash-x-y-3.jpg

The third was a red version of the second one being shown by the Smash cast. There were gasps and oohs. But they do that for a lot of things XD

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
What if there are pokemon behind the red and blue cards... The blue being an X version exclusive and red being a Y version exclusive? The colors match up to the colors of the version mascots.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What if there are pokemon behind the red and blue cards... The blue being an X version exclusive and red being a Y version exclusive? The colors match up to the colors of the version mascots.

But there was only 1 previewed battle scene. If they did two sugi arts, it would stand we'd get 2 3D images too XD

Besides, as I said before they've done this before and it was nothing or a download event.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
They showed three silhouettes at the end of the stream so more international news next weekend.

Is there a picture of these silhouettes anywhere? I'm surprised they're so hard to find....

Unless it's supposed to be those question marks, in which case they're not silhouettes. Silhouettes imply some kind of shadowy defined shape. :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmm I'm betting on it being the regional bird basically. I mean I remember Pidove being early in generation 5!!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Just throwing it out there, but perhaps the map of the new region is hiding behind one of those cards? I don't have my hopes up for it to be, but the thought did occur to me.... like two seconds ago.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmm good point, but I think the map would be larger (as in found online and not on a card)...? Actually what else would need an international release HMM.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think protagonist artwork would really need an international announcement, though. :(

blue

gucci
Years
Its a new Pokemon and most likely some more news, I wonder what it could be. If it has a worldwide announcement and Junichi Masuda is even promoting it, I'd say its more than just a Pokemon reveal..

tnfsf11

Am I the only one here who will buy the game regardless of how the new generation looks like because I'll eventually use gen. 1/2 Pokemon only as my team?
Just curious...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I do care about how they look like and how useful they'll be as I tend to use a mix generational team beyond 3 (my starting and favorite region is Hoenn...which should be obvious to everyone by now lol).

Here's an interesting thought, what if the new Pokémon is another legendary? Perhaps from the side trio(s)...or maybe even the third member to the mascots... it'll be unique if so as Rayquaza, Giratina, and Kyurem weren't revealed, we found them in the games.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I do care about how they look like and how useful they'll be as I tend to use a mix generational team beyond 3 (my starting and favorite region is Hoenn...which should be obvious to everyone by now lol).
So...which region is your favourite? :D

Kidding aside, I will be using whatever's in the regional Pokédex to keep it true to the theme of a new region and story. That doesn't mean I won't import other Pokémon or trade them in with other people, it just means I'll stick to the main game at first. That's what they intend by putting the import tools AFTER the E4.

Cyclone

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Here's an interesting early April Fools info regarding XY I found from 4chan:

Spoiler:

A second set of starters in a similar role as the elemental monkeys sounds too good to be true since the elemental monkeys themselves are already hinted to be in the game based on the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back