• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☁ Sky High ☁ Flying-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
And that wraps up our Bug/Flying saga. :)

New topic:
What kind animals should they base on for a Gen 7 Flying-type Pokémon? If you are going to suggest a legendary, please tell us the original folklore/mythology of it.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
What kind animals should they base on for a Gen 7 Flying-type Pokémon? If you were to suggest a legendary, please tell us the original folklore/mythology of it.
A toughy, I can only think of Big Foot. or a yedi

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
- Your nickname: KorpiklaaniVodka
- Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Skarmory
- Reason for joining the club: I like flying-types lol
- Answer to the highlighted topic (compulsory):
HIGHLIGHTED TOPIC: Which Flying-type Pokémon deserves a Mega Evolution?
Swellow
Which Flying-type Mega Evolution does not deserve its Mega Evolution?
ummm neither, I think all of them are fine.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
What kind animals should they base on for a Gen 7 Flying-type Pokémon? If you were to suggest a legendary, please tell us the original folklore/mythology of it.
A toughy, I can only think of Big Foot. or a yedi

How is it possible for a Yeti to be a Flying-type Pokémon? :o I understand Ice-type and even Rock or Fighting... But.…

DarkSkys

Years
With wings, nature evolves. Heck we may see a Flying type Eeveeolution at some point.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
With wings, nature evolves. Heck we may see a Flying type Eeveeolution at some point.

That sounds like ze fabulous fairies if you ask meh. :v

Flying-type Eevee on the other hand, isn't that strange. :)

DarkSkys

Years
We're all strange. But yea Ghost Eevee, Dragon Eevee & other type have been talked about. Look on Google!

Years
This topic reminds me so much of all the fanart I've seen for hypothetical designs for more new Eeveelution types. I could imagine a possible Flying Eeveelution have a cloud theme to its design, so that it can still stay in pure-Flying territory.

*reminds how much I miss Eevee/Eeveelutions club*

DarkSkys

Years
Actually some of the designs for the Flying Eevee is good, some with wings some with out. What's the mythical creature that's got the body of a lion but wings on its back?

R2J

Years
Which Flying-type Pokémon deserves a Mega Evolution? Fearow
Which Flying-type Mega Evolution does not deserve its Mega Evolution? None
- Your nickname: R2J
- Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Gonna go ahead and shoot for Spearow
- Reason for joining the club: Gen 1 was where I first fell in love with the birds. Spearow was the first one I had and Fearow was the one that got me the win over Gary at the Pokémon League.

Years
Actually some of the designs for the Flying Eevee is good, some with wings some with out. What's the mythical creature that's got the body of a lion but wings on its back?
It's called the Griffin; head and wings of an eagle, back legs of a lion. That would definitely make for an interesting Eeveeolution. Maybe give it it's own signature move too?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
A griffin or a hippogriff would be perfect as legendary Pokémon. They can pair flying with any a lot of types, fire, water, electric or ice without getting very strange, but I think rock would fit the best, as griffins were seen as guardians of goldmines to protect the treasure.

Another mythical creature that would be a perfect base for a Pokémon is a pegasus, I'm thinking fairy/flying or electric/flying, but other things can be possible too, like how they made Rapidash a fire type unicorn. Fairy because it simply kinda looks that way and electric, because Pegasus was ordered to carry Zeus's lightning bolts.

Most other flying types are simply based on birds or bugs and there's nothing much specific that can be said about that besides one thing: there are never enough bird Pokémon! ;)

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Ummm I haven't been noticed? (hint: check post #83)

but anyway we don't need any more eeveelutions, there are too many of them
Be patient dude. I already said I'm busy. @_@ But yeah, welcome to our club.

Which Flying-type Pokémon deserves a Mega Evolution? Fearow
Which Flying-type Mega Evolution does not deserve its Mega Evolution? None
- Your nickname: R2J
- Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Gonna go ahead and shoot for Spearow
- Reason for joining the club: Gen 1 was where I first fell in love with the birds. Spearow was the first one I had and Fearow was the one that got me the win over Gary at the Pokémon League.

Hi there R2J make yourself at home!

Spearow's a good choice, :) Have fun with it.

It's called the Griffin; head and wings of an eagle, back legs of a lion. That would definitely make for an interesting Eeveeolution. Maybe give it it's own signature move too?

Like Gryphonmon the tiger and eagle-like Digimon. Maybe a less or none evil version of Oblivion Wing?

A griffin or a hippogriff would be perfect as legendary Pokémon. They can pair flying with any a lot of types, fire, water, electric or ice without getting very strange, but I think rock would fit the best, as griffins were seen as guardians of goldmines to protect the treasure.

Another mythical creature that would be a perfect base for a Pokémon is a pegasus, I'm thinking fairy/flying or electric/flying, but other things can be possible too, like how they made Rapidash a fire type unicorn. Fairy because it simply kinda looks that way and electric, because Pegasus was ordered to carry Zeus's lightning bolts.

Most other flying types are simply based on birds or bugs and there's nothing much specific that can be said about that besides one thing: there are never enough bird Pokémon! ;)

Then that actually makes this Griffin or Hippogriff a perfect legend as sweet Lycan says. I can see it working as a mascot in future generations. :D But instead of guarding gold mine it should be guarding something else. It might be a great counterpart for the Pegasus as well.

Years
Oblivion Wing was not Evil lol was just over powered.

The move was actually called "Death Wing" back in the Japanese version but I always knew they would change the name for the English release given how much the dubbers like to censor the word "death".

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Oblivion Wing was not Evil lol was just over powered.

In a sense you are correct. Just because it represent death and recover its health by draining the opponent's, doesn't necessarily make it evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back