The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Anime & Manga

Notices

Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Antemortem

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Quote:
Tamako knows just about everything there is to know about mochi, the traditional Japanese dessert treats. When she's not attending her first year of high school, she even invents new flavors and varieties for Tama-ya, her family's mochi shop. School and growing up, on the other hand, are some things that she's still trying to find the right recipe for. But with the help of her best friends Kanna and Midori, two girls whose parents run businesses in the same shopping district, Tamako's determined to make the best of things.
source

Has anyone else seen or is in the process of watching Tamako Market? I very recently started watching it (as in earlier this morning!) and all I can say is that it is surprisingly more enjoyable than I initially predicted it'd be. I've never been all that huge a fan of bishoujo-centered anime, but this little girl, Tamako Kitashirakawa, is just the cutest thing! What I've seen thus far has not delved too deep into any sort of plotline, but one of the main characters, Dera Mochimazzi, has leaked a few bits of what the show should be making a beeline for in the coming episodes...

Thoughts on Tamako Market?

kawaii in the sheets
Old March 30th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I kept up with it as it was coming out and I enjoyed it a bit, although the plot ended up being a bit strange. The characters were great, though. Initially I didn't like Dera very much because his haughty attitude would show at the most inopportune viewing times, but he grew on me after a while. Tamako's mochi-centered world view was definitely entertaining and I liked her the best (well, her and Kanna are tied).

Spoiler-y thoughts below.

Spoiler:
The finale was alright, but it bugged me that Tamako wasn't even really a candidate for the prince to marry in the first place. This whole big plot is set up where Tamako might be a foreign prince's bride and she puts her heart into declining the offer, but then it's brushed off with "Oh no that's a misunderstanding, you're not a marriage candidate and you never were to begin with." It nullified the overall plot of the latter half of the series.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it. It just had a really out-of-place plot.
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Mild
I like Kyoto for producing Haruhi, Clannad, Hyouka, and K-On (thoughhh I haven't finished any of these ahah) since the animation is really pretty. So, I'm willing to give this a shot. I've watched one episode so far, and I'm fond of the main girl, Tamako, and the bird, Dera. "Cry in my bosom"... XD I'm kinda curious as to what Dera is, given how his eyes light up at the end of the episode.
Old April 30th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
It was pretty heart warming anime but it cannot compare to KyoAni masterpieces... :/
I liked this as well, the characters were really cute but... it's not enough :D
I want something more from KyoAni :D At least something like Hyouka :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links