• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obligatory Favorite Character Thread

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012

PokéSpe: I like them all really, although I don't like Crystal and Platinum as much. Don't get me wrong, I like them, just something about them irritates me. Particularly Crystal. Honestly, when she got all upset and couldn't capture, I didn't even blink. Whereas when Red lost his will to battle, or Sapphire started wearing leaves again...that was emotional.

Spoiler:

Oh, don't worry, I'm not mad at you or anything lol. I know that everyone has their own preference and whatnot, but I just want to... show her side of the story?

I know, my grammar is horrible and my points are kinda messy. OTL

Well, my favourite character is Crys. Second to her is Gold.

I think it's because I tend to go for the least popular characters. O_o Hey, but Gold isn't unpopular...

I think Crys' obsession with stars is adorable. And I can relate to her well sometimes. Hehe, I obviously have a lot more to say but I'm too tired to list them all down here.

I love Gold because his personality is a lot like mine. x3 (That part... where he trained Ataro and Explotaro like hell because Prof. Oak refused to give him the Pokedex. And what he said, " Who needs your Pokedex anyway?!" is so me. And of course, there are many other similarities but it's too long. Too long to list here.)

Oh, and I love Gold's bangs and goggles. owo And his carefree attitude is so <3. And I like how he isn't good at battling but resort to tricks to defeat his opponent.

Oh, my third favourite is definitely. RUBY. This guy is gosh. He managed to leave me lol-ing irl for like, 5 minutes because he's just that funny. Haha. And I like how he could be so freaking feminine and badass at.the.same.time. And because I like guys with an Idiot Hair, red eyes and fingerless gloves. Oh god, he's my dream guy. (But I'll never pair him up with myself. FranticShipping ftw.) My #1 fangirl material. -sigh- And his devotion to Sapphire is just... aww.

Long post is long. Don't mind me, I'm trying to make some noise here because it is just TOO QUIET. /shot

Last edited:

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
Crystal was 11 in the Gold, Silver and Crystal chapter.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2017
I've only read up to about the middle of the RS arc, but here are my favorites so far:

Gold. This guy makes me LOL a lot. I just find him so endearingly doofy and clueless a lot of the time, and he has some hilariously bad screwups. However, he can be really awesome as well. He's very entertaining overall, and I can somewhat relate to him, since I've done a TON really dumb things.

Red. I like how he evolved a lot as a trainer. At first, he was very similar to Ash from the anime, but he eventually stopped being so obnoxiously immature (unlike Ash), and by the end, he seemed to have learned from all his experiences, and ended up being a really strong trainer. However, I don't like how he's showing up less and less with each arc. He always seems to just pop up at the last possible moment now other than a couple chapters of vague backstory explaining where he's been.

Blue (Green?). Very sneaky, yet cute and funny at the same time. However, she also seems very caring towards many of the other dexholders (like Yellow and Silver). Also, she always seems to come up with some battle strategy that I would NEVER have thought of. Interesting backstory as well.

Silver. You know, at first, I thought I was gonna HATE him. He started out as a complete jerk, and always seemed to hate everything. However, after a while, he started warming up to everyone else (like Gold), and it turns out that he wasn't really a bad guy after all. After his kidnapping was revealed, I figured that he was just trying to escape his past. Very interesting character.

I'm still kinda on the fence about Green (Blue?). I liked him at first. He started out as an arrogant ass, but eventually he matured over time, and deep down, I could tell that he was a pretty nice guy. I liked him throughout the RGB and Yellow arcs. However, in the GSC arc, he was probably the most boring character out of everyone (and not to mention he was pretty much mute almost the entire time).

Actually, I like all the characters. Maybe Yellow and Crys (spelling?) a little less because Yellow just seems a little too perfect, and Crys is kinda boring and goody goody. However, I don't hate either of them, and I can see why others like them. I haven't really read enough of the RS arc to judge Ruby and Sapphire yet.

Edit: Now that I'm a little more into the RS arc, I'm liking Ruby a lot. He's hilarious.

Last edited:

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
Years
My username should tell you this, obviously. Blue (the girl) is my favorite Pokespe main character. She's so whitty and intelligent, and I think it's hillarious that she uses her looks to get what she wants from boys (well when she was younger she did, anyway. xD) I also love her entire history with Silver, who is my second favorite character. They definitely need each other, whether as siblings or whatever else. But their story is so sad and beautiful.

My third favorite character would have to be Green. Yeah, he's a bit of a jerk, but I like the guy. I honestly don't really know why; I just do. He's cool.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011
My favourite characters in the Manga would be Diamond and Ruby !!
Diamond cause he's calm and always go well with everyone. Also,I love foods same like him.
Ruby cause he's like me.All I care about Pokemon is about beauty too.I always keep my Swarmpert to be in a Tough contest,Azumarill in the cute,Milotic in the beauty,Ludicolo for the smartness and Pelliper for the coolness.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2012
Yellow, Green, Gold and Ruby. They're all bad*** in their own ways. Yellow is so cute but amazing at the same time. Green is just awesome period. Gold has his awesome comedy. Ruby.... What does the end of the RS chapter say? Theres the DP trio which I REALLY like. Their personalities are so lovable. Dia really stands out. But Blue must die. Shes evil. Green is so correct about the pesky girl thing. I also think Black is pretty cool. I just read the first volume of his chapter but hes awesome. XD

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2012
Diamond is just MADE. OF. WIN. He's so awesome!
Gold also deserves special merit, and so does Red. (Although Dia still has them beat, obviously)
For the girls, my favorites are Sapphire and Platinum.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
Years
EDIT: Why I shouldn't be on the internet when I'm tired.
OTL
you saw nothing.
Anyway.
Favorite Character in Pokemon Special is Yellow
in DPA!, it's Mitsumi. :3;

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I've read a few pokémon mangas, but the only one I remember characters from is Pokéspe ^^

And I can't really pick a fav there. I used to be a total Gold fangirl, and I often say my fav is Crys just because so many seem to pick her as their least fav. But I've also realized I really like Ruby, despite the fact that he's overpowered in the sense that he's both a stylish coordinator and a good battler - while Saph only got to be a half-strong battler. Kind of. And I love Pearl and think that he and Platina would make a cute couple 8D

I think I'm babbling. So who's my favorite? Lance and Bill are also high on the list... I really can't decide. Let's say Pearl and Crys, one guy and one girl :3

I do like Black too, but not White so much... *babbles on*

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
For my Favorite Characters, I'm in the middle of the DP arc, so the male pokedex holder would be Red, as he figths for his friends, while the others draw inspiration to fight from endangered family. Also, he risks everything for his friends and pokemon, and doesn't give up even when he's hurt. I also really like Ruby, cause he is so awesome at different things, a master contestant, and a master trainer. For the female holder, its a tossup. i really like Platina cause how she grows from a bookworm to a great trainer, Blue, cause of obvious reasons, and yellow, cause of her great heart.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
I like Yellow the most. Ruby's my second favourite, third is a three way tie between Diamond, Pearl and Platina. Fourth is Red and every body else is fifth except for Blue and Sapphire who are sixth (sixth place, aka my least favourite).

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Ruby is the greatest character eva! >:D He's cool, awesome, a great battler, beautiful, beautiful, and did I say beautiful? :3 He never ceases to entertain me- I've read the R/S arc at least 50 times now, and every time he can make me laugh, and at some points, cry. ^^ Sapphire is also awesome... I love her spirit and how strangely she fits into regular civilization. XD Green is really cool too. He's such a strong trainer, and so darn hot. :3 Pearl is great, I love how hyper he is, and his willpower. (he's so much better than Dia, who bores me to death and is the only Dex Holder I dislike. :P)

Sir Codin

For Pokemon Special, I'd have to say Gold.

I don't know, something about him tells me he and I would get along quite well and he'd probably be a good drinking buddy if he was old enough.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
In Pokemon Adventures, my favorite is Wally. He's so underappreciated, but so awesome. His team actually follows a gimick (they're all green) and he has an awesome ninja masks for his asthma. Plus, the Pokemon he uses are some of my favorite in Hoenn. I knew he wasn't going to be Emerald for the manga, but I still wish he was.

My favorite girl is Crystal. I just enjoy seeing how she deals with Gold all the time and I love how she's an capturing expert.

Mentalii

Back
Years
My favourite female character, who's also my favourite character overall, is Blue. When I wasn't reading the manga, I already liked this character, since it was the mysterious girl who was suppose to appear in the first games, but finally didn't for some reason. This mysterious girl looking like a lass, but who was forgotten and re appeared in Leaf Green with a totally different appearance. So, she was arleady fascinating me. Then I discovered her in the manga, I loved her look, her personnality which is really unique. She would sometimes deserve a slap for the way she acts but, she's awesome. And I love her crafty side.
Then my favourite male character is Gold. A funny guy, who's adorable. I loved GSC version, so it was a real pleasure to read a story with my favourite protagonist ever in it. He's exactly how I imagined it would be. That's to say, an amazing character.

Back