• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Character of the Month

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Introducing...
Character of the Month
What is it?
Character of the Month is a new feature for Pokémon Anime in which one character is selected each month to represent the forum. Throughout the month, the selected character will be focused upon more than they usually would. They will be featured in the splash, threads about the character are encouraged to be created, episodes that focus heavily on the character will be streamed, and the upcoming monthly viewing challenge will partially be dependent on the character of the month. Outside of that, Pokémon Anime and Episode Discussion will remain the same. Members are not required to partake in these discussions, and threads of all types, including those that focus on other characters, are still welcome to be created.

Who is the character of the month?
The members of PC have decided that May will be the first character to premiere in this new feature. A poll was created last December in which members voted for their favorite character, and May rose to the top with nine votes by the end of the poll's deadline.

Have any comments or further questions?
If you have anything to ask or say about this new feature, feel free to use this thread to receive help or collaborate with the other members to help kickstart Character of the Month!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
This seems like a nice idea to generate topics. Now, I'm just really disappointed May wasn't the character of... well May.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
But she is almost character of Haru (Spring) =D
And most importantly, she's the first one!

The main question is : Why doesn't May ever enter Saimoe ???
May obviously cute enough to beat a lot other Anime girl But I never seen her at Saimoe .
Hack , its being 10 year and I still haven't found a pokegirl cute enough to beat May completely.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The main question is : Why doesn't May ever enter Saimoe ???
May obviously cute enough to beat a lot other Anime girl But I never seen her at Saimoe .
Hack , its being 10 year and I still haven't found a pokegirl cute enough to beat May completely.
Because being cute is not nearly enough to be moe ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
What on earth is Saimoe? Is it some weird Japanese otaku anime girl thing? Why would a Pokemon character ever be on it in general?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So What is needed to create Moe ???
1) HanaKana (Oh well... she actually has that one now...)
1) Series popularity
2) Recent appearance
3) High fanbase

These 3, I guess?

What on earth is Saimoe? Is it some weird Japanese otaku anime girl thing?
It's a Japanese thing, it's obviously not weird.
(Or it works otherwise...?)
It's an annually competition to find out the most moe anime girl.

Why would a Pokemon character ever be on it in general?
Moe comes in different ways.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
May with longer hair --

Spoiler:

I wonder if this could be Serena's third hairstyle ! Since May , Serena & Dawn has the same face But different hair-color , Eye-color & Hair-Style.
But it Seem May is still superior then Dawn & Serena in term of Beauty.
So may be Serena's third hair-style can finally overthrow her.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
May with longer hair --

I wonder if this could be Serena's third hairstyle ! Since May , Serena & Dawn has the same face But different hair-color , Eye-color & Hair-Style.
But it Seem May is still superior then Dawn & Serena in term of Beauty.
So may be Serena's third hair-style can finally overthrow her.
Who says that Serena is going to have a thirf hair style? I doubt that will happen

Years
I thought as a character, May was an alright companion for Ash. And while some people hated her for taking Misty's spot, I never disliked her personally. Not too much to say about her, but I found her to be upbeat and not grouchy often. And her companion brother, Max, was quite out there.

Wobbu

Years
The character of the month for March 2015 will be Dawn! She currently places second on the favorite character poll with 14 votes, which is one vote behind May.

Years
Dawn is one of my fave characters, and she was why I enjoyed the Diamond & Pearl series so much. Her Pokemon often served as comedy relief plus there was the moment where she lost two contests in a row when she failed to make it past the appeals stage which then led to her getting a narrow victory over May in the Wallace Cup final. I remember that she and May were tied for points but Dawn ended up winning on the judges' decision.

Also, as DawnLover mentioned, she was the closest to ever achieving her goal when she made it to the final of the Sinnoh Grand Festival but then the writers had to troll us and award the prize to Zoey instead, and then everyone thought the rule was to not allow main characters to win their goal's resident tournament. Still, she did make an impressive performance in that tight battle.

pkmin3033

I adore Dawn. Of all the secondary anime protagonists she is easily my favourite, as she essentially up-staged Ash entirely in terms of character development and achievement. Unlike May, who I feel was very rushed and awkward in her character development, Dawn took her time and went through the motions: she lost repeatedly, had to find her own style and, even after contests "clicked" for her she didn't immediately become the best until some random person came along and kicked her backside across the contest stage. I was OK with Dawn losing out to Zoey, because Zoey had always been there; she was an established rival, she was clearly the better Co-ordinator, and there was never any clear indication in the anime that Dawn had surpassed her. It was alright for her to lose to her rival in this instance, I think.

Dawn also had a real impact on Ash, in that she actually helped him grow a pair and develop a proper battle style and strategy. May was heavily influenced by Ash's battle style, but it wasn't a reciprocal thing, and it was only to her detriment. Dawn helped Ash become a better trainer than he's ever been, and she took what she witnessed from him and turned it into something positive. They felt like actual friends, rather than just happenstance travelling companions, as was the case with May. Don't get me wrong, I liked May, but she was often shoved aside. Dawn was very cleverly written, as her character development was tied in with Ash's - the two of them grew together and influenced one another, so we got to see more of Dawn developing as a Co-ordinator, as it didn't interfere with Ash, who has always been the focus of the show.

The only thing I didn't like about Dawn was her victory over May in the Wallace Cup. It was a grand, spectacular way for her to make a comeback after repeated soul-searching and loss, but she wasn't ready to beat a Co-ordinator of May's calibur. Especially considering that May beat Zoey, who went on to win the entire Grand Festival. It undermined Zoey's character - as the more experienced mentor/rival - and made May look incompetent, which didn't make much sense.

Plus she's got a nicer character design than any of the other female protagonists, with the possible exception of Serena, thanks to her new look. xD

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
Dawn is one of my favourite character as she is one of the most confident girl that have shown in the anime.Since she was young she always tries to look towards the future rather than dwell on her mistakes.Mostly All Pokemon of Dawn are cute and small(like Piplup,Buneary,Pachirisu).She was the only one to achieve her goal.She lose her confidence during the Advanced Generation Series but she truly regained her confidence and focus when she defeated May and win the Wallace Cup.At Last She was the best female Protagonist in the Pokemon Anime.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
The character of the month for March 2015 will be Dawn! She currently places second on the favorite character poll with 14 votes, which is one vote behind May.

wait a minute
>brock not #1
>ash not #2

855837.jpg

Anyway, Dawn was one of my favourite characters and I'm a proud PearlShipper. I liked her chemistry with Ash and her Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Dawn is my favourit companion girl, right after Iris. I like her look and her character so much.. thus DP is my fav series <3

Wobbu

Years
And the character of the month for April is...

Cameron!

I know he isn't winning in the poll, but I've been receiving a lot of PMs from various members requesting him to be the CotM for April, so I hope everyone enjoys!

Back