• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cubed

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
CUBED

Introduction:
I felt rather bored one day so I began to think of some game concept that has not been done yet. After many hours of planing and thinking I felt I hand found something that was a fairly unused idea, this idea lead me to begin development on Cubed. I have to admit, I like puzzle games, like Zelda and Portal, in fact, its where most of my inspiration came from. Theres just something about a game that is challenging on a mental level, yet makes you feel like an adventure that attracts me to a game. That is widely what Cubed is. A puzzle adventure game, and go figure, the setting is a cube.

The concept behind Cubed is that the entire game takes place on and in one cube. Every cube has six sides, the ability to travel to all six sides and have them work together to meet your goal is vital in the game. But moreover, this cube is not just comprised of six sides, but also multiple layers of six sides. There are no levels to beat in Cubed, for every side has the ability to effect another side, and every layer, another layer. Being able to master this labyrinth will take much time and thought.

NEW SPRITES TO BE SHOWN SOON!

player.jpg

Player

wall.jpg

Wall

BigSwitchOn.jpg

Switch

door_left.jpg

Door to get to another side

Hdoor.jpg

closed door on a side

layer1side4.jpg

What you see to the far right in this screen shot is the map radar, it will allow you figure out much more easily, what side you are on, and what sides are to all sides of you.

layer1side5.jpg

A much updated screen shot of version 1.

layer1.jpg

Layer one in early beta stages of development.

Please note this is still in the very early stages of the game.

Progress:
GUI:
Portal Bar - 100%
Time - 100%
Map Radar - 90%
Maps:
layer 1 - 95%
Features:
Death - 0%
Movable Blocks - 100%
Flamethrower - 100%
Holes - 100%
Doors - 100%
Side Changing - 100%
Layer Changing - 0%
Switches - 100%
Step Switches - 100%
Teleport - 100%

Comments, feature suggestions, sprite artists, and 1 to 2 test players are needed.

DEMO AVAILABLE

Version 1 Release FINAL

KEYS

A - Place a Portal/Warp to Portal
Space Bar - Action Key
Arrow Keys - Move
ESC - Exit

Last edited:

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
I now have a small development team, of which I will introduce later. Before the set back, I had updated this thread with much more recent screen shots, and I will repost them as soon as I get home.

In the mean time I have a question for everyone. Would you like a demo of version 1 of Cubed?

I have completely halted production on version 1 and have started fresh with version 2 for many reasons. Mainly to set things up correctly and get rid of some annoyances from version 1.
Version 1 includes all the things mentioned above in the first post, but it in no way represents a final or even close to final output of the game. It has a pretty cool puzzle that you could get annoyed/frustrated with, and if you play around with the keys you can get a glimpse of some concept features that did not work to well, but will be in version 2.

D-jo4000

Gamemaster. Pokeruler
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2009
hey zerro, long time no see. this idea seems like a good one. if you need any help with this i'm here

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
Yea it's been awhile.

I have updated the first post with additional pictures for everyone's viewing pleasure. The sprites have since changed though. So I believe that with a few tweaks, Ill release version 1 for a limited time.

It will be attached in the first post, please comment on it. Note that Death is not implemented and it contains a few glitches.

Back