• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Team Plasma

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Why would they freeze it though hmm... All I can think of is that it's lure out Kyurem...

How would that lure out Kyurem? I think it's still related to Kyurem but not to lure him out. Perhaps to freeze actual people so no one will stop them when they try to awaken Kyurem?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps the change in environment allows them to acess the cavern where Kyurem is like in BW...
Hahaha people never do anything about the evil team why worry now :P

Years
Maybe. Though Galactic used a Bomb to drain a lake to get Azelf so the idea of a ice blast being used by Plasma to get to Kyurem isn't all that far fetched.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Yeah but Ice won't lure Kyurem out. It hasn't been shown to be 'attracted' to ice. Blasting a lot of areas with ice won't draw it out. Kyurem isn't an heroic Pokemon either. So it wouldn't respond to the suffering of people. My guess is that they're trying to halt everything and every one from stopping them by freezing them.

Years
I mean that perhaps they use the ice to gain acess to Kyurem's place like how the Blizzard elevated the player to the cave in BW. So the cannon is a subtitute to the Blizzard to get to it...though whh go to the trouble if they could've flown in from above. Oh Plasma...

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
I was watching Shofu's play through of Pokemon B/W2 and to my dissapointment Team Plasma still have their good for nothing Pokemon i wanted them to have better ones than patrats and lillipups and purloins.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
The old Plasma seems to have learned from their mistakes, while the new is still out for domination and striking fear into the hearts of everyone.
I don't even think it's much of that re: Old Plasma.

The old Plasma thought they were saving Pokémon from trainers because of N, they were following N, their king. When you're following someone so fully, and then someone seemingly below them comes up and admits that they've been manipulating the leader, and that it was simply a ruse to gain control of all the Pokémon, like Ghetsis did at the end of Black and White, that doesn't change anything for why they did it. The grunts were doing it because they thought it was best for the Pokémon. Sure, they didn't do it in the most friendly way and resorted to stealing in most cases, they weren't out for domination and striking fear while the new Plasma is just after controlling the Unova region by controlling the Pokémon within it.

Though, I'm going to assume that some of Team Plasma from Black and White went on to new Plasma through agreeing with wanting to control the region, being persuaded and recruited, or out of fear while some of them stayed with N for agreeing with the pure ideals.

Years
Or they possibly recruited a whole group of new members with some old one's returning. Ghetsis gathered the Sages from other regions so he might've done the same with Plasma.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
If you all remembered in bw once you beat the game that Looker asked you to capture the rest of the sages(except ghetsis) if you did captured them they all said thier regrets for thier wrongdoings and said that they were duped by Ghetsis so why would two of the old sages,Rood and Zinzolin, join back up with Ghetsis

Also is anyone disappointed that those girls with the pink and blonde hair didnt have much of a plot they were just in that house with old plasma

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
If you all remembered in bw once you beat the game that Looker asked you to capture the rest of the sages(except ghetsis) if you did captured them they all said thier regrets for thier wrongdoings and said that they were duped by Ghetsis so why would two of the old sages,Rood and Zinzolin, join back up with Ghetsis

Also is anyone disappointed that those girls with the pink and blonde hair didnt have much of a plot they were just in that house with old plasma

Rood isn't back with Ghetsis, he just battles you to see your strength. He's the one who gives you Zorua. I would say that Rood was released for cooperation, and Zinzolin was busted out by Ghetsis after Ghetsis promised power and authority to Zinzolin. Rood probably wanted nothing to do with it, and chose to wait for N to return.

Years
^ Seems that way to me too.

Darn, we still saw very little of the Goddess'...what were they there for other than telling the player N's story (in BW)... seems like a waste of characters.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Akuroma leads a faction of Team Plasma that still wants to free pokemon (I think)

Geechisu leads a faction of Team Plasma that wants to take over Isshu

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Oh yeah i forgot Rood is the good guy this time around lol my bad

Akuroma leads a faction of Team Plasma that still wants to free pokemon (I think)

Na'll its the other way around
I put it in a spoiler since people are somewhat bothered by reading spoilers
Spoiler:

Years
Oh yeah i forgot Rood is the good guy this time around lol my bad

Na'll its the other way around
I put it in a spoiler since people are somewhat bothered by reading spoilers
Spoiler:
Except that unlike Pluto (Charon's Jp name)
Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Since Akuroma is practically subordinate of Ghetis you cannot say he leads anything in Team Plasma ;)
He belongs to the new Team Plasma fraction but as Magmaruby said he regrets his decision to join Ghetis.
That might be one of the reasons why he gives you Master Ball because he believes that Master Ball shouldn't be missused and believes that player will use it for good.

Back