• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have Mystery Dungeon but I failed in the first dungeon and had to start over, and since first dungeons are usually created so you can't fail, I just got frustrated and gave up lol. I wish I saw the appeal like everyone else seems to.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
While we're talking about the Ranger series (which I haven't played yet, boohoo), I'd like to point out that the Mystery Dungeon series are awesome. kthnxbai
Haha, exactly. Whenever somebody asks me about the ranger series, I reply with something like "I don't know about Ranger, but Mystery Dungeon sure rocks!"

From what I've heard and seen, though, it should be another good spin-off.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Which reminds me about that new Pokemon game. Pokemon something Nobura something? I heard it was a cross-over! First time in Pokemon history?

Years
I've seen many fan-made Pokemon crossovers in the form of fanfics and roleplays so actually hearing the idea of Nintendo making a crossover game really excites me~! ^u^ It's like a fantasy dream come true. :3

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Oh yeah Smash Bros was another crossover. Ahaha, I don't really like crossovers that much, but we'll see. :3

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I haven't really tried Nobonuga (or heard of it, in that matter) but only time will tell if this will be a success.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Some crossovers work. Some don't. I haven't seen any Pokemon crossovers besides Smash Bros. and this new Nobunaga game, aside from some horible Pokemon corssover fan fictions.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah not a fan of fanfiction in the least so a crossover one just doesn't appeal to me but...I can see the worry. Like for example, this isn't a Pokemon game with Nobunaga, this is a Nobunaga game with Pokemon...if that becomes super common then the actual Pokemon game might fall out of favor and we lose gameplay :(

Not that I'm complaining though, I think this spinoff is a great idea, lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
The Nobunaga/Pokémon crossover game looks pretty cool. I'd have to see some actual gameplay when it's released before I consider buying it myself - if it's even going to be released in America, that is.

While we're talking about the Ranger series (which I haven't played yet, boohoo), I'd like to point out that the Mystery Dungeon series are awesome. kthnxbai
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is probably my top favorite Pokémon spin-off game. If Nintendo announced a new PMD game with the fifth generation Pokémon, I'd most likely cry from utter happiness.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is probably my top favorite Pokémon spin-off game. If Nintendo announced a new PMD game with the fifth generation Pokémon, I'd most likely cry from utter happiness.
Surely they'd do that. I mean, PMD is a pretty popular spin-off series and if they don't make one with Gen V Pokemon, the fanbase would probably whittle down.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Colo/XD are my favorite spin-offs. At least those games had trainers (and one awesome, afro-wearing, disco dancing one at that).

Most of the other spin-offs, I don't see the point of them besides trying to milk the franchise. Most of them don't even "feel" like Pokemon; just some other game with Pokemon inserted into them.

Years
I never got any experience of a spin-off as I play main series games.

If you look at my signature/avatar theme you can say I'm really attached to Elgyem.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
My favourite "Spin-Off" Has to be the Pokemon trading card game for the gameboy. Its epic.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Are there any Pokemon Ranger fans around here? >< It appears as if there aren't any... :(

I do enjoy the PMD series a lot, but I mean, I did enjoy the storyline of Ranger's as well. The feeling after capturing a hard boss is awesome too! (and of course, a sigh of relief, because it's really hard at times xD)

My favourite Ranger series is the first one since it's the most challenging to me.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I have thought that I might buy first Ranger game because first time when I played it I was like "Wow this game is cool, gotta get it!". It's pretty cheap if you buy used one so let's see... I might buy new or used one, idc but important to me is that I buy it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
[SIZE="a"]I find the mystery dungeon games the most enjoyable spinoffs. I've also got interest into the rumble series of games too.[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back