• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Does anybody know the offset in Tile Molester where I can find the object that the player surfs on in Fire Red?

Not in TileMolestor. Use overworld editor and you change the whole sprite of the character on the object rather than the object itself.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Not in TileMolestor. Use overworld editor and you change the whole sprite of the character on the object rather than the object itself.

Nope, it's not in there. I've looked in both OverWorld Editors. HackMew even said that the only way to edit it was in a tile editor.

So please can someone tell me the offset for the object the player surfs on in Tile Molester?

Last edited:

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
i was wondering if when you make an item can you put a certain script to use?

i mean i want to make a laptop so you can use bills PC anywhere when you select use.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
Nope, it's not in there. I've looked in both OverWorld Editors. HackMew even said that the only way to edit it was in a tile editor.

So please can someone tell me the offset for the object the player surfs on in Tile Molester?

it is in overworld editor cause i remember editing it a long time ago(the ow sprites for surfing in firered are index 3 if u use overworld editor rebirth edition

can anyone give me the link to the resource page with the rom bases, sprites, tiles and other stuff? i can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2009
Someone told me that if I could locate the original "get parcel to gain the Pokedex" script, it could help me along my quest to finish my script. Now my question is what did that script looked like and/or where is it located within the Hex data?

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Umm whenever I make a map connection it isn't working. Like i'll go through then when I try to go back it will push me back in. Help?

Solved

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Okay, when I said I need to find the object that the surfing sprites sits on, I mean the object, not the sprite. I've looked in both overworld editors and HackMew even told me that the object that the player surfs on can be edited with a tile editor. So can someone please give the offset for it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2009
Uhm, is there a way I can make a beach map with a tide that comes in and goes out? Is there a script I can use for this? What I mean is so that soemtimes the water is out and you can go further down the beach, and sometimes its further in. I don't mind how often the change takes place, so long as it isn't too late or too early.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
You would want a setmaptile script with a time checking ASM code. I think there's a tutorial for that around here, but I can't remember.

You could also change the map footer. It's better for larger changes.

Last edited:

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
Years
Well I've just started learning the basics of scripting. Here's my script for getting a Growlithe.

Spoiler:

However when I try getting the growlithe in my game, It doesn't work. He just says "Good Luck on your POKeMON Adventures!" and I don't get a Growlithe. Any help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2009
You would want a setmaptile script with a time checking ASM code. I think there's a tutorial for that around here, but I can't remember.

You could also change the map footer. It's better for larger changes.

Does it matter that I'm using Firered, as it doesn't have the in game clock?

Edit: Another question. You know the text on the titlescreen underneath where it says pokemon? Like iwhere it says 'FireRed' or 'Sapphire'. What font is that?

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Is there a way to import palettes into the game? I want to make a new overworld sprite but none of the palettes fit him so I need to import his but I don't want to do it so it replaces one of the palette numbers but makes a new one.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2009
Does it matter that I'm using Firered, as it doesn't have the in game clock?

Edit: Another question. You know the text on the titlescreen underneath where it says pokemon? Like where it says 'FireRed' or 'Sapphire'. What font is that?

Repost, incase this gets overlooked. I'd quite like to know

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Repost, incase this gets overlooked. I'd quite like to know

Well, it does matter that you are using FireRed, since there is not clock...

But you can check other things, like the players total footsteps, or total time played...

Keep in mind, it is a bit more difficult, but yes you can, I know, cause I use the players total footsteps in my hack...

As for the font thing... I cant really remember that... but I am sure someone else on here does...

i was wondering if when you make an item can you put a certain script to use?

i mean i want to make a laptop so you can use bills PC anywhere when you select use.

Yes, you can do this, but it requires some ASM knowledge... You can ask one of the ASM hackers around here, if you are lucky, you will get some help.

Last edited:

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
So I was sifting through Firered with Unlz.gba and I found this map:
Whatisit.png

I know it isn't the world map so could it possibly be the pokedex map?

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Recently I've been trying to import GS backgrounds into Pokemon Ruby, and it's a pain. Is there a way to repoint the pallates in Ruby for the backgrounds? Because the background pallates are all... well, screwy.

If it requires reprogramming, I wouldn't mind.

Also, is there a way to make it use 256 colours rather than 16? I don't actually need to use all of them (maybe only 6-8 palletes at most) but if I could do that, it would be great. I can just repoint wherever I need, so if you could help me, that would be wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back