• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
poccil, I left you a PM about something. Also, I don't want to have to replace my starter kit. How would I implement cries? Is there a page of the scripts I need to edit, or a page I need to add?

That's what I asked in the first place, and I asked which script pages I would need to add to my current project.

Also, I left you a PM.

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
Years
Aqua Mudkip:/ I have a problem... how come I can't stop an event that's been put at Parallel Process because I want the event to run without the player doing anything... ex: Mom giving Pokegear... :\

Years
Aqua Mudkip:/ I have a problem... how come I can't stop an event that's been put at Parallel Process because I want the event to run without the player doing anything... ex: Mom giving Pokegear... :\

Well, you need to put it on Auto Run rather than Parallel Process because Parallel Process plays through the whole event right away. Auto Start goes from top to bottom.

If you need more details on events just PM me =P

-Krobe

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
A new version is available.

Changes:

Changes in trainer event system for supporting
move routes, etc.
Fixed performance bug in evolution animation
Many edits to server and trade system,
released protocol
Fixed bug when game causes error after storing
Pokemon in daycare

Modified scripts:

Changed: PokeBattle_Pokemon
Changed: PokemonDayCare
Changed: PBExperience
Changed: PokeBattle_Effects
Changed: PokeBattle_Move
Changed: Sprite_Character
Changed: PokemonField
Changed: PokemonNetwork
Changed: PokeBattle_ActualScene
Changed: PokemonTrainers
Changed: Sockets
Changed: PokeBattle_Trainer
Changed: Game_Character 3*
Changed: PokemonEntry
Changed: Game_Event*
Changed: Compiler
Changed: Game_Player*
Changed: PokemonEvolution
Changed: PBTrainers
Changed: PokemonEditor
Changed: PokemonMessages
Changed: SpriteWindow
Changed: PokemonUtilities
Changed: PokeBattle_Battle
Changed: PokemonItems
Changed: PokemonScreen
Changed: PokeBattle_Battler
Changed: PokemonStorage
Changed: Scene_Intro
Changed: PokemonDebug
Changed: PokemonBugContest

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
At the end of the event set a local switch to on, then create a blank event page dependant on that switch being on and have it run via any method than auto start or parallel process. then when the auto event has finished, the switch will come on, triggering the new event which won't do anything and will leave the player able to run around.

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
Years
Hey guys, it's me again and i brought myself a question:
If I want the game to play a BGM (like "Auto-play BGM" when entering map, or "Play BGM" in wild battle or trainer battle), it keeps playing the same one: 'Mom
Theme' from the demo. I tried by taking away the audio file from the BGM-folder but it doesn't work. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Greets

Last edited:

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
poccil, where did you learn to script RGSS? I'm really really interested in learning another coding language, and am fluent in HTML and CSS, and proficient in C, C# and PHP.

PM me the reply, so it doesn't clutter up the thread.

My suggestion would be to look up the scripting boards of various forums like rmxp.org. On the other hand, HTML and CSS aren't real biggies. (I learned HTML format in about 1 minute, and learned HTML, in totality, in 3 days. About the same thing for CSS. They're too simple to be called scripting languages. All they really do is format a page.) On the other hand, where did you learn PHP? I would really like to delve into that, Javascript, and Perl. (If you haven't already figured it out, I want to learn most of the web languages. Mainly because I like designing webpages and want to end up with a lucrative career designing them.)

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
Years
Sorry for repeating myself, but i still got problems with the BGM thing, and it's really hard to make a good game without proper audio.
Can someone help me?

BGM problem was that everytime a certain BGM has to play (like in a battle or when entering a map), the BGM 'Mom Theme' from the Starterkit begins to play.

Last edited:

shuppet_is_dumb

Im just joking in my username
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2009
Loved it. I am definetly going to use it. Oh, and Devil_Silver, right click on the map you want to add a BGM, select map Properties and change the BGM to the one you want.

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
Years
Yeah, you're right, but I mean when the game should play a BGM that isn't 'Mom theme', it plays 'Mom theme' anyway.

Like when you enter a certain city (like Floraville in my project), and the BGM GSCRoute23 should play, it plays 'Mom theme', or like when I want to play GSC battle in a trainer battle, it plays 'Mom theme'.

But thanks for helping anyway. :)

Years
Yeah, you're right, but I mean when the game should play a BGM that isn't 'Mom theme', it plays 'Mom theme' anyway.

Like when you enter a certain city (like Floraville in my project), and the BGM GSCRoute23 should play, it plays 'Mom theme', or like when I want to play GSC battle in a trainer battle, it plays 'Mom theme'.

But thanks for helping anyway. :)

Did you happen to change the PokeGear's Radio to "Mom's Theme"? Because if you don't change it to default, it wont change back, (annoying I know =P)

-Krobe

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
Years
Nope, I didn't change the PokéGear's radio, it just automatically plays 'Mom theme' whenever it should play a BGM, no matter what that BGM is.

It's quite disturbing, and I tried all sort of things but it doesn't appear to have anything to do with scripts or PBS-files... at least; not that I know.

Years
Nope, I didn't change the PokéGear's radio, it just automatically plays 'Mom theme' whenever it should play a BGM, no matter what that BGM is.

It's quite disturbing, and I tried all sort of things but it doesn't appear to have anything to do with scripts or PBS-files... at least; not that I know.

Well then perhaps there's an event on that page, that plays it automatically, that you don't know of? Because sometimes I find it hard to find events that don't have pictures what with the transparency.

The only other thing I could think of, is that it keeps playing because it's set like that in the maps settings. Either or, it shouldn't be playing. If any of those aren't the case, then I can't help.

-Krobe

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
Years
Well then perhaps there's an event on that page, that plays it automatically, that you don't know of? Because sometimes I find it hard to find events that don't have pictures what with the transparency.

The only other thing I could think of, is that it keeps playing because it's set like that in the maps settings. Either or, it shouldn't be playing. If any of those aren't the case, then I can't help.

-Krobe

Well, it isn't the maps setting and can't be events, because it happens in every map and in any battle I set.

But thanks for trying to help anyway, I appreciate

Years
Yeah that works but if its for the PC in the players room, how do you make it to not have 'Someones PC' but have 'Players PC'?

Player's PC is not included in the demo I don't think. Meaning you can't withdraw/store items, but that's not too hard what with event's and all.

-Krobe

Years
Ok, thanks anyway, I'll try to make some events.

I could probably find an item depositing event bank thingy, but I don't think it would work, seeing as how each item is scripted, so I don't think it'd work. I think you should just wait until Poccil implements it, if he does of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back