• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I found 2 more Spelling Mistakes:
Pic 1: Without is Spelled Wrong.
Pic 2: Bunch is Spelling Wrong.

P.S Just finished the Beta. Just wanna say, it's the best Anime Hack with best Spelling and Grammar unlike Balkj's Kanto. GL!

P.S 2: Just to remind you, please change the Trainer Texts so that the FR Trainer Feeling would be gone.

Thank you for the spelling errors and the compliments. I'll change the trainer text that I haven't changed later as well.

This is the best hack i ever played...... good work :) .....

Thank you! That's some high praise! :)

I've tried inserting a new PokeMart and Oak's Lab based on the anime into the rom:

pokemart.png

oaklab.png

Thoughts and ideas for improvement are appreciated. :)

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Hey, I just patched the file and started up the rom, but after I cleared the part where I name myself and my rival, the whole screen just went black and didn't clear. It's driving me nuts; this hack looks so cool...

MC Blaze

The Breeder
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
I've seen a lot of hacks following the first season of the anime (almost all of them in spanish), you gotta put an extra if you want this hack to attract the people. It looks nice, though.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hey, I just patched the file and started up the rom, but after I cleared the part where I name myself and my rival, the whole screen just went black and didn't clear. It's driving me nuts; this hack looks so cool...

I just downloaded Beta 1.3 and patched that to a Fire Red rom and it worked fine for me. Maybe make sure you're patching it to an unhacked Fire Red rom? Or try a different application - I used ips XP. Or try just renaming the rom to match the name of the patch without patching it at all?

If anyone else has this problem, please let me know.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I like your amazing tiles, and I've thought that it would be great if you inserted the Phone Tiles too. It kinda looks like a Glitched House Tile in the lastest Beta.

Oh yeah, that was sort of a temporary stand-in for a phone. It's just a piece of a house tile. I hope to get around to that sometime. Right now I'm working on improving the maps and making them more anime-like, starting with Pallet Town.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Those new tiles are great it really reminds me of the
anime keep up the great work

Years
Sorry to sound dumb, I'm new to all the Emulation and Hacking and playing the hacks etc, I'm on IPSWin 2.0 and can't figure out how to get the game on there, how would I do it?

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Great Hack, it is no doubt in my favourite hacks. Its good to see a hack making sufficent progress every day. Hope you can complete this GL.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. :)

Here's what the new Pallet Town looks like, with new houses:

Spoiler:

I might need to add some flowers or something, or more bushes, though.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Are you going to add pokemon in the back of Prof. Oaks
lab? also the new Pallet town looks great

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Thanks pokefreak and alo!

Are you going to add pokemon in the back of Prof. Oaks
lab? also the new Pallet town looks great

Yes, I have a few different Pokemon back there, you just can't see them because I don't have the events turned on in the picture.

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
Years
I like the idea of the hack
but some tiles...like the pc need some outlines,there good but they need outlines xD
But is a good hackkept up the good work!
bye!

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I just downloaded Beta 1.3 and patched that to a Fire Red rom and it worked fine for me. Maybe make sure you're patching it to an unhacked Fire Red rom? Or try a different application - I used ips XP. Or try just renaming the rom to match the name of the patch without patching it at all?

If anyone else has this problem, please let me know.
Thanks, it works now. It was wierd, the Ash sprite had gray hair...
Anyway, it's better. Looks great too!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hmm, this hack looks good and I hope ypu get it finished, so we can enjoy it fully.
I wish you good luck ;).

LinK93

Translator/Beta tester
Years
Hey sorry about this but i think i found some bugs, so I'm posting them here. (I think they are bugs but they might not be)

Bug #1- In Brock's city the guy that should be blocking the exit lets you pass and if you talk to him from the left the hero will go down and that guy will disapear so I got to misty's city and I beat her and i didn't get the first badge and i cant go back so i got stuck at Misty' city. Can't go back

Bug #2- when I got to the third badge city, I didnt need to use cut before going to the gym so there wasn't any tree there

Bug #3- I went to the route before rock tunnel (I still didn't use cut, so the tree was missing again) and when i fought the first trainer in that route I got low on hp, and when I was heading back... woops... the tree showed up again and i got stuck.

So I had to continue... I got trough the tunnel and then.... there is wall in the way to lavaridge town and i cant go back or forward.(I know this isn't a bug i was wondering for you to tell me why is this wall here)

Link93

Back