• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Johto/Kanto Team

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Made using Johto and Kanto Pokemon, or newer evolutions of said Pokemon.

weavile.png

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Hasty nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Fake Out
-Taunt
-Counter
-Ice Shard or Pursuit?

The idea here is to lead with Fake Out then Taunt anything trying to set-up. CounterSash works against things that will be attacking from the physical side.

magnezone.png

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Naïve nature
EVs: 40 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Grass
-Explosion

Magnezone takes care of Scizor, one of the metagame's top threats. It also takes out Swampert, Bronzong, Metagross, and other opposing Steels quite nicely.

crobat.png

Crobat @ Choice Band
Jolly nature
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
-Brave Bird
-Cross Poison
-U Turn
-Pursuit

A 120 STAB move off a decent Attack stat boosted by Choice Band is nothing to take lightly, esp since this thing is only outsped by Aero, Jolteon, and Electrode; all threats by not very common. Cross Poison is a nice seconday STAB that can dent Grass-types without having to take recoil. Pursuit stops Psychic threats and so does U-Turn if I want to hit-and-run them.

gengar.png

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid nature
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fire

Standard Gengar is standard. Shadow Ball for STAB. TBolt and Focus Blast compliment it nicely coverage wise. HP Fire stops Steels from walling.

alakazam.png

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
-Charge Beam
-Psychic
-Signal Beam
-Shadow Ball

The idea here is to get a Charge Beam boost by revenge killing a weakened Pokemon, the sweeping after the boost. Even if I don't get a boost I can Signal Beam whatever Pursuit user comes in or switch out if it's not a Pursuit user.

feraligatr.png

Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
EVs: 28 HP/252 Atk/228 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake

This set is also pretty self-explanatory. Set up a or two DD and sweep.

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
You really need SR, its really important in any serious team. Get in some SR user >> Zam, it's Pursuit bait, Tyranitar can survive a Signal Beam as it sets up sandstorm, and Scizor is resistant to it and can always KO you with Bullet Punch. Also Crobat doesn't get Crunch (if you meant that by Chrunch), you'll need to have Pursuit there.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Ok so I guess Forry can go in instead of Zam since it can take whatever TTar and Scizor can throw at it.
Also without Zam I don't have many Special attackers save Gengar so I'm planning on Crocune > Gatr.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
CB Tar can actually 2HKO Physically Defensive Forretress (it's an assured 2HKO with Stealth Rock up or can be a 2HKO or a 3HKO otherwise) with Stone Edge. I'd get in Swampert or Metagross in for Alakazam, they're pretty bulky and good midgame Stealth Rock setters.

RTHookers

Banned
Years
Feraligatr can use Salac Berry and Jolly nature with 252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Then you could replace DD with SD, giving you much more of an effective (and threatning) physical sweeper.
(I have a Feraligatr of my own, and it OHKO'd teams..)
Also, without Screen support, Feraligatr won't even have time to set up one DD and survive with enough HP for a sweep. Altough it has reasonable physical bulk (100 base defense) it won't last long. OU teams should run Gyrados since Gyrados does a better job and has Intimidate and can revenge kill and punish stupid people who don't boost their Pokemon. Gyrados outclasses Feraligatr on OU. SD and Torrent is nothing to be overlooked, but if you're not dropping DD then it's a lost team slot if it doesn't survive much.
Feraligatr on UU is known as "Gyrados of UU" and as a UU/NU battler it sure does.
Overall, Consider Gyrados over Feraligatr.

RTHookers

Banned
Years
Earthquake is physical AFAIK..
Earthquake really saves the day for Feraligatr against other Water Pokemon. There are few attacks that fit Feraligatr there anyway. EQ is amongst them and is a good one. Thunderpunch may be used if you want extra Water coverage.

Back