• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Ash and Pikachu make an appearance in the Pokemon Adventures manga?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Since this manga section looks completely and utterly dead, I thought I would post this thread to have some kind of activity here :laugh:

Thread title says it all really. Do you think Ash and Pikachu should come up in the manga itself? Obviously some of his background would need to be altered, like the fact that he traveled with many of the characters in the manga like Brock and Misty in the anime. But I think it would be a cool idea if Ash made an appearance with his own Pikachu. What do you think?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Why would ruin the manga like that? Red is awesome, you don't need Ash.
I'm not talking about replacing Red though, I also prefer him highly than Ash (more because of Ash suddenly turning in to a n00b every time he goes into a new region even with a level 10000000 Pikachu but that's for another time), but I was thinking like maybe he could just make an appearance as yet another Pokedex holder from Pallet Town that nobody knew about. His not deserving of his own arc but some kind of involvement I think would be interesting.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
No. Just no. Since the manga is all about the games character, not that Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town who's a loser and always gets owned by some random guy who he decides to be his rival.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
It would be kinda weird. Red would be wondering why the hell does Ash looks a lot like him. But it would be cool to see Ash get trained by the almighty Red, haha. So he can actually win battles now.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
This is not ment to be mean, but that's the dumbest idea I've ever heard of (and I've seen plenty of stupid stuff). One of the main reason people read Pokémon Adventures is so that they won't have to see Ash. Kusaka has never, as far as I know, involved the anime in Pokémon Special, which I and countless of others are very happy for. Besides, Red and Ash are counterparts (i.imgur.com/XWKWE.png), meaning that there's normally only one of them per universe (except for in the anime).

ChaosLord

Game Dev Wanderer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2013
Agreed with the post above for a certain number of reasons, though I guess I should point out the biggest one; Pokemon Adventures is darker than the anime. Not really going going to go into detail with that since that opinion's debatable, so I'm just going to point out that the whole series is based on the game versions, and that dragging Ash and his anime logic would contradict the things I liked about the manga(Battle your way into the league, Transparent pokeballs, Lavender Tower, etc). Like Manga has said "There can be only one."

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
Why on earth would Ash make an appearance in Adventures?

He's already made dozens of manga appearances. This would just be pointless.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Nah, Anime Ash, Manga Red although....... if it was the other way round that Red made an appearance in the anime..... I would say yes, I'm slightly hypercritical like that. But come on Red is brilliant! I'm going off topic here now.... Sorry -_-'

H.Vega

Johto Wanderer...
Years
You'd be combining two universes. Not a great idea. That's like saying I should put game!Red in their, as all the characters' parallels would ruin the story.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Woah, woah, woah. Alright, let's all take a step back. As much as I totally agree with the rest of you, especially since I greatly dislike Ash, and as much as I did originally plan on agree with you all, it really is not at all that bad an idea. I don't know about giving him a pokedex, as I don't even see him to be worthy to be one of the chosen pokedex holders, but it would be logical for him to receive one as well.

We are all willing to argue against it, so I can pose a few things for it.

First off. If one were introduced to the other, I believe its Ash and Pikachu to the world off Red and Pika, it'd first have to be picked which trainer is older. Which of the two would have started their adventure first? If he was from Pallet, received a Pikachu from Oak, and began his adventure with/without a rival, the younger would/could/might be informed to the existence of the older without the older becoming aware. So. Since the reality of what is Ash and Pikachu collapse and conform to the world of Red and Pika, it is only left to assume that Red would have to older.

Why? I think, as I said I only think so others could argue differently, that since Ash/Pikachu has enter the world of Red/Pika, that Red's plot and life are the dominating one. By that I meant, his life set the tone and details for the original pokemon. His meeting of Green/Blue [Jap/Eng] (whom Gary compares less to than Ash does to Red), the shadowy past of Blue/Green [J/E] , and even the awesomeness of Team Rocket (Im a Giovanni fan, but most so one of Lance) would have to be the truth facts and events of the pokemon world. This does not necessarily suggest that all you completely, but it will still be drastic, change the plot and life of Ash.

Because Red is older, his adventure could occur and be completed through Kanto before Ash could have started or made a dent in his. And with his little aware outside the actually route he ever occupies, Ash wouldn't even know what's going on in Kanto. It is still possible for him to have Pikachu, since its not impossible for Oak to have found another Pikachu (maybe having found Red and his Pika to be a curious and powerful pair), and that'd align just fine. It's also possible for Ash to meet with the gym leaders, Brock and Misty, and they go on their adventures with him, as Red will need the previous gym leaders less and less as he gets further away from Kanto. Or, Ash could also just have cheesy look-a-likes to the two that then would be his companions.

Now! Considering all of that. If both their timelines could be set right and events spaced or times just right, it is possible. So. With the possible of this being possible, or more possible than people would like to admit, it would come down to; how well would Ash fit into this world? Would the darker nature of humans and pokemon cause a darker shift in Ash in Pikachu (which essentially is what would have made him into Red/Pika, but arguably not without the exact encounters and experiences of Red/Pika with all the gym leaders and other pkdex holdlers so dismiss that!)? Could that have caused Ash to keep more or less pokemon, out of fear for what could happen to them in the wild? And, how and where would he interact with Red/Pika? A Pkmn League Tournament? During an adventures? Or simply another random, friendly, but deeply meaningful encounter? It all depends...

That said. What do others now think of the idea?

Back