• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Frontier Team

Years
Hi everyone, I've been bashing my metaphorical head against the Battle Frontier for quite some time now and was hoping for some help/advice on my team. I have managed to earn all of the silver symbols, as well as the gold symbols at the Arena, Dome, and Pike. (I realize I will probably need a specialized team for the Palace). Currently I'm working on the Battle Tower, but haven't been able to get much farther than 56 consecutive wins. Here's my main three:

Slaking @ Choice Band
Truant
252 ATK/252 SPE/4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Punch

Starmie @ Shell Bell
Natural Cure
252 SpA/252 SPE/4 HP
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Salamence @ Leftovers
Intimidate
252 ATK/252 SPE/4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace

For my "backups," I mainly use:

Flygon @ Chesto Berry
Levitate
252 ATK/252 SPE/4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rest
- Double Team

Regice @ Chesto Berry
Clear Body
252 HP/112 DEF/20 SPE/64 SpA/60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
- Double Team

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Sturdy
252 HP/252 SpD/4 DEF
Impish Nature
- Double Team
- Toxic
- Aerial Ace
- Steel Wing

Anti

return of the king
Years
Love the Frontier.

If you can get your hands on one from FRLG/XD, Snorlax is just so helpful. It really helps with the Palace since its cheer bulk with Curse lets it take down teams by itself, and as I'm sure you've noticed, the best way to win in the Frontier is to minimize the amount of times that your opponent can luck you out of a win. Bulky boosters are just so useful for that facility.

As for your own team, looks solid. I'd toss a Lum Berry on Starmie or Mence because it really gives you more margin for error vs. certain mons.

I would also recommend Metagross (CB@Meteor Mash/EQ/HP Rock or Rock Slide/Explosion) as a Slaking back-up and something that can beat opposing bulky boosters like Suicune.

The Factory is the worst. May God be with you.

Also, if you have a Latios/Latias with good IVs/nature, it's a beast. I can provide some of the builds that have won my the Battle Tower Gold Symbol (done so on two different files) if you'd like, though one has Snorlax and the other has Swampert so you'd need access to those pokes.

Years
Thanks for the advice! I'll think about getting Snorlax; any advice on who I should replace for it and/or what spread I should use? Unfortunately both my Lati@s have stupid natures so that's out, since I really don't want to reset either of my Hoenn games just for that. I'll think about using a Lum Berry on Salamence, too (Starmie has Natural Cure so I'd think that would be redundant...) What would you think about switching the Leftovers to Starmie in that case?

Anti

return of the king
Years
Thanks for the advice! I'll think about getting Snorlax; any advice on who I should replace for it and/or what spread I should use? Unfortunately both my Lati@s have stupid natures so that's out, since I really don't want to reset either of my Hoenn games just for that. I'll think about using a Lum Berry on Salamence, too (Starmie has Natural Cure so I'd think that would be redundant...) What would you think about switching the Leftovers to Starmie in that case?

lum isn't too redundant on starmie just cause you don't wanna have to switch out of stuff most of the time, though it is better on salamence. leftovers on either is good - leftovers in general is awesome.

as for lax,

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 140 HP / 96 Atk / 56 Def / 216 SDef
IVs: 31 HP / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 31 Spd / 31 SAtk / 31 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Rest

CurseLax is really only going to get derailed by a Critical hit or a floating Ghost-type. He's perfect for the Battle Palace, as he can gradually build up and pound away. He's basically a superior Blissey, with most of the walling prowess but infinitely more offensive capability. The only thing that sucks is that Rest leaves him a little vulnerable, and in the Palace especially can disable him for turns at a time when he falls in love with it (which is often). Also, I love how perfectly his EVs work out, granting him 496 HP (a Leftovers number), 280 Atk and 180 Def (round numbers and perfect for Curse), and 341 SDef (granting an extra stat point).

^it's an amazing mon, useful in any facility except the pyramid/arena. chesto berry is excellent as well if you're not in the palace, but leftovers is a must there since it pisses away so many turns and the passive recovery makes a huge difference.

Back