• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I feel dumb asking this, but I've looked around and I can't figure out how! I am releasing my first beta soon, and I can't figure out how to put the download in my thread... Could someone tell me how? Please and thank you!

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
I feel dumb asking this, but I've looked around and I can't figure out how! I am releasing my first beta soon, and I can't figure out how to put the download in my thread... Could someone tell me how? Please and thank you!

Don't feel dumb, it took me a while to figure out too. When you're making your post, click Go Advanced rather than using the quick reply box, and scroll down to Additional Options. Manage your attachments, and upload the file(s), then submit the post from additional options.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Don't feel dumb, it took me a while to figure out too. When you're making your post, click Go Advanced rather than using the quick reply box, and scroll down to Additional Options. Manage your attachments, and upload the file(s), then submit the post from additional options.

That, or you upload your file(s) to some free, reliable, no-wait hosting and then put the link in the thread.

Years
1. I changed the look of the lab to the look of a secret base and now (without changing or even moving the warp) it leads to " 's BASE". How can I fix this? Please help.
I think it's related to the tileset. Try changing the tileset to something else, and if it stays as " 's BASE", then I'm afraid I can't help you, but if it doesn't, then you may have to import the Secret Base tileset to another one that you won't be using.
2. Because I fail at life I can't work out how to make a berry already be growing in soft, loamy soil. I would really to be able to do this.
I'm not sure about this one, but you could always make a script that does what you want.
3. What would happen if you ran into a trainer if you had no Pokemon?/Is it possible to make them just say something until you obtain your starter and if so, how?
Yes, but the player would have a placeholder Pokémon which will "faint" by the end of the end of the round and the player will "white-out"./The trainer's script could have a checkflag command at the start, which, if not set, will make the script only display text, and when it is set, the battle takes place.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
2. Because I fail at life I can't work out how to make a berry already be growing in soft, loamy soil. I would really to be able to do this.

Create a new person event and copy over the following data:

1. Set the Picture No. to '60'
2. Set Unknown (the one directly above Movement Type) to '03'
3. Set the Movement Type to 'Hidden'
4. Set the Script Offset to '$1A14DD' for Ruby and '$2742F9' for Emerald (you'll have to check for Sapphire)

Save. Then go to another map and then return to the map with the plant on it. Where the old "View Radius" box was there should be a "Plant-ID" box. Now, contrary to what I believed at first, the number that you put in that box is not the number of the berry that you want to be growing there at first. As I understand it, every berry plant has a number associated with it so that the game doesn't get one plant mixed up with another. If you insert a two berry plants that use the same Plant-ID, I would guess that they would both display the exact same growth and when you picked one, the other would disappear as well. My assumption is that there is a table inside the ROM somewhere which says "Plant-ID No. 1 starts off as an Oran Berry, No. 2 starts off as a Pecha Berry, No. 3 starts off as an Oran Berry, etc." (those are actually correct, by the way). So what you'll want to do is, in a separate ROM probably, create a whole bunch of new plants and set their Plant-IDs to 0-9 or whatever and observe which numbers start off with which berries. You can then document them fairly quickly and, when you want to add one to your own game, you can just use the Plant-ID from a plant that starts off with the berry that you want. Just be careful not to use the same Plant-ID twice.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2010
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.
I downloaded pokemon emerald rom and I play It on No GBA without any problems.

Now I was trying to load some of the saves in the "Save File Exchange Thread"
showthread.php?t=77503

The problem is that all the files are .sav so my question is how do I make them load on no gba?
I tried changing the format to .gba but I get an error. :/

Sorry for my bad english and thank you for your help

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Well, most of them could work through Wine or Mono.

Hmm. My friend who has Ubuntu says their is some programs that allows Windows programs to work on it, I guess I could ask him what he uses. Thank you, HackMew.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.
I downloaded pokemon emerald rom and I play It on No GBA without any problems.

Now I was trying to load some of the saves in the "Save File Exchange Thread"
showthread.php?t=77503

The problem is that all the files are .sav so my question is how do I make them load on no gba?
I tried changing the format to .gba but I get an error. :/

Sorry for my bad english and thank you for your help

The .sav file is the save file. You need to move yours to a different location, and put your rom and .sav file in the same folder. Then load the rom.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
I have a really n00by hex editor/ASM question.
Ok, so which one represents free space, "00" or "FF"
further when I'm using the "callasm" function, and I place it at an offset like.... "00FFFF78"
in a hex editor, what would it look like, "Callasm 0x00FFFF78"... basically this offset:

vwtpqb.png

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I have a really n00by hex editor/ASM question.
Ok, so which one represents free space, "00" or "FF"
further when I'm using the "callasm" function, and I place it at an offset like.... "00FFFF78"
in a hex editor, what would it look like, "Callasm 0x00FFFF78"... basically this offset:

vwtpqb.png

Free space can really be any value, it's just that 00 and FF are the most commonly used. Free space is defined as a section of the ROM that is not accessed by the game, meaning that no matter how you edited that region, the game would always play the same way. Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald all use '0x00' as their "free space byte" while Fire Red and Leaf Green use '0xFF'.

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Free space can really be any value, it's just that 00 and FF are the most commonly used. Free space is defined as a section of the ROM that is not accessed by the game, meaning that no matter how you edited that region, the game would always play the same way. Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald all use '0x00' as their "free space byte" while Fire Red and Leaf Green use '0xFF'.

So if i were to use that circled offset in a callasm script would it be "callasm 0x00FFFF78

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
So if i were to use that circled offset in a callasm script would it be "callasm 0x00FFFF78

No. First of all, you're going to want to replace the '0x00' with '0x08' or simply drop it altogether. Next, assuming you're using THUMB, you would actually type "callasm 0xFFFF79" which tells the game that the routine at that offset uses the THUMB instruction set, as opposed to ARM.

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
No. First of all, you're going to want to replace the '0x00' with '0x08' or simply drop it altogether. Next, assuming you're using THUMB, you would actually type "callasm 0xFFFF79" which tells the game that the routine at that offset uses the THUMB instruction set, as opposed to ARM.

Ok, great, thanks. I'll take another swing at that ASM tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back