• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opening GBA Pokemon server!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2013
Is the project dead???

And could we get a time-when-server-will-normally-be-on for totodile493's server???

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
I tried this with my friends the hacks we tried either didn't have a trade center or didnt work the main games like fire red and ruby worked
but they were slow af i tried this about 4 months ago(not sure if it matters)

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Couldn't hamachi only handle a limited amount of people? 10-30 iirc? That'd be a terrible bump for making this possible.

but anyway, me and my friends (who are from Asia, Germany, Mexico, and Finland) were trying to connect into a game once... and although the others appeared on the list, we didn't meet each other in-game.

To solve that problem, you will have to make someone else host another VPN...

I recall latency/lag issues being a big hindrance too. While trading is easily possible (not much data transfer going on), battles probably would be messed up. I remember having pokemon battle experiences (and take note, this was even using a GBAs and a real link cable), i supposedly killed a friend's snorlax with a crit, but in his side, the "crit" didn't register.... and it appeared to him as if he only took a normal attack. Now in my game, his snorlax has fainted, and on his game, my pokemon were fainted. >_< couldn't imagine how worse it would be over the internet with someone terribly lagging on one side.

Although for the battling part, there's always Pokemon Online. Probably setup a PO thread for this community, so we could battle each other from time to time. Even setup tournaments of our own.

Last edited:

totodile493

Person
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2021
I'm not sure how Hamachi works as far as keeping the server running when the computer is locked or shut down, but my "server hours" are roughly:

Opens 4 p.m. Philippines time,
closes 4 a.m. Philippines time.

A long time ago, Hamachi used to allow 15 people on a free server. Then it changed to 10 people. Nowadays, the free limit is 5.

I played with someone on my server. I was the VBALink server, but my computer could not handle it with its humble 1.3 GHz, and the emulator instantly crashed. We tried again, this time me being the client, and his connection must have been bad because we sat there for several minutes staring at the "Awaiting communication from other players, press B to cancel..."
We tried many things but my computer simply could not run the emulator as server and the other guy apparently had a poor connection.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I'm not sure how Hamachi works as far as keeping the server running when the computer is locked or shut down...

...We tried many things but my computer simply could not run the emulator as server and the other guy apparently had a poor connection.
For the bolded part, people who login may still see others within the same Network (remember, Hamachi IS the server and it allows Virtual Private Networks to be hosted by anyone; in other words, you're not actually putting up a server, but a private network).

So firstly, as i've said, if 5 people belong in the network... and 2 "members" are online, they may still connect to each other whether the Network Creator is online or not. This also means that they don't have to make/host a private connection of their own.

Secondly, as the name implies, that private network is private. Aside from those 5 people, no one else could enter the network nor see whether one of those members are online. UNLESS, of course, if the member(s) they're looking for is another member of another network(s)... and so on and so forth.

So basically, people would still have to make their own personal networks so that they could connect with everyone at any time, as a 5-person limit doesn't really create a network to keep all people in touch. This only applies for Hamachi, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Guys this thread was over the renewal date before it was bumped. totodile493 feel free to make a new thread about the server, it'll also be a bit more organised that way. Just be sure to check dates in future! Thanks.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back