• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen July Coro-Coro: 5 New Pokemon + Xerneas & Yveltal typings + Oorotto

blue

gucci
Years
They hit the nail on the head with their sketch, obviously it's at a smaller scale due to the Horde Battle but it will be nice to see the Official Artwork once it has been released.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Based on looks alone, I kinda want Oorotto for my team. Hoping its some kinda fairy type combo so I have an excuse to add a fairy to my team.

Years
Might be out of line but Awex was seen in a Horde battle, yet I doubt we will see it's evolution in a Horde battle. Yet we might because of this. This also brings me to this, Oorotto could infact be a evolution of sudowoodo. Now, I know not of alot of people think this anymore. But this revives my hope of it being a evolution.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
This also brings me to this, Oorotto could infact be a evolution of sudowoodo. Now, I know not of alot of people think this anymore. But this revives my hope of it being a evolution.

Soodowoodo is a petrified tree, a dead tree. Oroto could be a Ghost / Grass, a literal "dead tree".

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Now that I see orotto more closely, to me it looks like it's going to be a single type pokemon. Either grass, dark, poison or ghost. (Steel could be a possibility as something unexpected and random, but i doubt it).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Soodowoodo is a petrified tree, a dead tree. Oroto could be a Ghost / Grass, a literal "dead tree".

But Grass/Ghost type trees tend to be enchanted trees (in this case normal trees possessed by spirits) rather than dead trees.

Now I'm struggling on whether I should use Gogoat or Oorotto on my team as my Grass type, if it's even confirmed to be a Grass type.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Looking at some fan art of Orotto: http://volatilet1mes.deviantart.com/art/Oorotto-389688413

It kinda makes me wonder if it's actually some sort of dark or ghost stick spider-like creature that wears the bark off of trees as some kind of armour.

Just imagine him without the foliage and bark, like some kind of tubular shadow creature with spider legs.

I can imagine him slipping out of the bark, sorta like how Cofagrigus has his hands coming out of the coffin.

Not sure if I will want him on my team though, at least I prefer him to Gogoat.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Will probably comment on other developments later...but Oorotto's design looks cool (a little reminiscent of the Digimon Cherrymon and Woodmon (moreso Cherrymon), although I'd imagine that all 'tree-based' fictional monsters will look similar to another at one point or another). It also seems like a dreadful thing to encounter in hordes within a forested area... :<

My hopes are that it's a Grass/Ghost type (or maybe Grass/Dark; something part Grass-type, at least, not another Sudowoodo typing-betrays-design ordeal), with a possible English name of Rotroot or Bruteroot (1st Pokemon movie's novelization's nicknames FTW).

Additionally, giving it the Ability Flash Fire would be a bit interesting, as it would nullify the common weakness of Fire and would likely surprise/dash the hopes of Trainers who were planning on taking it on with a Fire-type Pokemon. (I haven't seen Fennekin's recent trailer with Oorotto yet, but if a Fire-type is used, Flash Fire can still be saved for a potential 2nd or 3rd/Hidden Ability). ^^

Last edited:

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Oorotto end up like Sudowoodo, but I really hope it's not the case :( I know Sabre's theory about it being something hiding in bark could be true, and there's a precedent set (kinda) with the new fairy thing that lives ON flowers but isn't one, but I really would rather it be Grass type. Hoping for Grass/Ghost here.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I also hope that it's Grass/Ghost, Grass/Dark, or Grass/Fairy. Just as long as it has Grass as a type. I was hoping the fairy on the flower would be our Grass/Fairy, and Xerneas too but both of those ended up being pure Fairy...

Years
I also hope that it's Grass/Ghost, Grass/Dark, or Grass/Fairy. Just as long as it has Grass as a type. I was hoping the fairy on the flower would be our Grass/Fairy, and Xerneas too but both of those ended up being pure Fairy...

It'll definitely have a Grass typing whether it be single-type or dual-type, though I think Grass/ghost or Grass/dark is more likely than a Grass/fairy. That's just my opinion.

Years
Well, here's the official image of Oorotto:

Oorotto.png

And apparently Fennekin learns an attack called Glow Punch? :o

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
As I have said, I do not think Oorotto will be a evo of any pokemon. I don't see them putting us up against 5 fully evolved pokemon. Not to mention I think they were only around level 25 or so in the trailer. It is very possible that it is a stand alone pokemon. It does remind me of a spider though. I hope I am very wrong, but it could be considered a bug.

I am starting to hope that Oorotto is part Fairy though.

Years

I'm hoping it's something like Draco Metoer, Earth Power, etc. Not in terms of power, but that they sound physical at first but end up being special. Kind of like the punch is energy thrown at the target. Also, I'm thinking Glow Punch is either Fairy or Psychic.

I'm just hoping that's the case, Fennekin doesn't exactly have fists, then again neither does Wooper.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Probably Psychic. It just reminds me of psychic, just by the sound of it. The guy who said that Fennekin was Fire/Psy has gotten a LOT of things correct, but he has been mistaken on some things.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I actually thought that Glow Punch would be an Electric-type move, but I didn't to realize that we already have a move in that category, the ThunderPunch. Still, Gamefreak might make this a priority move to make this unique to other moves, so I'm predicting that it would have 40 Base Power, priority and be an Electric-type (Or possibly a Fairy type, as some people have mentioned)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Well, here's the official image of Oorotto:

Oorotto.png

Pretty much the people sketching Oorotto in theaters got it pretty much right. I do like its design a lot actually, seems to be unique from most things we've seen. I'm definitely putting bets on it being Grass type though.

Glow Punch...that makes it sounds like Fennekin would become bipedal, but if it's using it already that isn't necessarily the case. Is that just the name that got translated, or is it the officially released English name for the move?

Back