• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Nope! More mess, no pokemon.

XD sorry forgot you are using emerald. I don't remember where the pokemon are in emerald, but if you keep clicking next (starting from 1) you should run into them at some point. You will notice the colors and image change.

the mess you are seeing are images believe it or not, they are just a bit jumbled because of how the data is stored. so just keep searching through the mess till you hit the pokemon and trainers. shouldn't take long, specially if you have a quick index finger :)

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2012
Ok here's my problem. When I open up Ruby in AdvText it doesn't load MANY of the categories. It goes to like the first town and thats it. However, FireRed I can get everything to work for. (AdvText, AdvMap, scripting, etc.)

I just want to know what's wrong becuase I would prefer to hack Ruby because R/S/E tiles and such are MUCH better than FireRed.

OR, is there any way to make it so when I open up FireRed in AdvMap, it loads both the FR and the Ruby tiles.

Sorry if that was confusing. Thanks for possible help! :D

internetwork

Visi-Basic Master
Years
XD sorry forgot you are using emerald. I don't remember where the pokemon are in emerald, but if you keep clicking next (starting from 1) you should run into them at some point. You will notice the colors and image change.

the mess you are seeing are images believe it or not, they are just a bit jumbled because of how the data is stored. so just keep searching through the mess till you hit the pokemon and trainers. shouldn't take long, specially if you have a quick index finger :)

*pant* *pant* *pant* My arm is tired! I went all the way to 5000 and all I found were map sprites. Can anyone tell me how to find the pokemon sprites for Emerald in unLZ?!?!?!?!

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Ok here's my problem. When I open up Ruby in AdvText it doesn't load MANY of the categories. It goes to like the first town and thats it. However, FireRed I can get everything to work for. (AdvText, AdvMap, scripting, etc.)

I just want to know what's wrong becuase I would prefer to hack Ruby because R/S/E tiles and such are MUCH better than FireRed.

OR, is there any way to make it so when I open up FireRed in AdvMap, it loads both the FR and the Ruby tiles.

Sorry if that was confusing. Thanks for possible help! :D

Not sure why it is doing that, but you can always export the Ruby tilesets and palettes and reinsert them into FR... might be a bit more work than you were anticipating but that is one solution.

other than that Ruby's tiles are not affiliated with the FR rom, so A-map won't find the Ruby tiles in a FR rom because they do not exist in the ROM

*pant* *pant* *pant* My arm is tired! I went all the way to 5000 and all I found were map sprites. Can anyone tell me how to find the pokemon sprites for Emerald in unLZ?!?!?!?!

you went to 5000 from 1? you should have came across them at some point...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Ruby's ini file that tells it where the text is is not complete. Just use the search function or use XSE to script new convos.

Whoa, something wrong with your head, pal? Ruby trees are ugly as hell.

No.
Only some of Ruby's tiles - which is what I did. I took the best of both - some of Ruby's paths and grass with FR trees and stuff. Looks real good right now.

internetwork

Visi-Basic Master
Years
you went to 5000 from 1? you should have came across them at some point...

I feel the same way. I tried it with Ruby and it worked fine. This would be a whole lot better if PokePic worked with Emerald. RSball won't work either. Can anyone tell me how to edit pokemon pictures in Emerald!!

EDIT: Never mind! I found out that the problem was actually that the rom itself not the compatibility!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2009
Does anyone know how to properly edit Pokemon backpics? Everytime I try to do so, it gets distorted. If it doesn't the front gets distorted. I may be indexing wrong, so here's a brief outline of what I do:

1. Resize D/P/Pt sprite to 64x64
2. Switch to 16-color in IfranViewer
3. Switch pallete color on far left with background color
4. Save new sprite as different name
5. Open old sprite (Before IfranView) and new sprite in Paint
6. Copy+Paste old sprite onto new sprite and save

I then import it into UNLZ.GBA. I just discovered that the sprite after the regular sprite of the Pokemon is the backsprite of the shiny form. I need to edit all forms, and PokePic isn't working to well with this. Any idea about what's wrong?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Hey, this might be a stupid question, but I'm not so great at scripting. I just would like to know if it is possible to make a script that changes depending on if you chose a male or a female character? Like, if you chose a male, the female would appear here, and vice versa. Like in R/S/E and D/P/Pt.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Hey, this might be a stupid question, but I'm not so great at scripting. I just would like to know if it is possible to make a script that changes depending on if you chose a male or a female character? Like, if you chose a male, the female would appear here, and vice versa. Like in R/S/E and D/P/Pt.
Yes, there is a way.
It's called checkgender.
This is quoted from diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkgender
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @boy
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @girl
end

#org @boy
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @girl
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hello, Mr. \v\h01!

#org @2
= Hello, Ms. \v\h01!

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2009
Hi. This is my first post on PokeCommunity, but don't think I'm a newbie hacker because of it -- I'm a medium-level scripter and I know my way around Advance Map.

That said, I'm running into a bit of a problem. I'm hacking FR. I've scripted the Poke Centers so that you have to pay for healing, with the amount increasing each time. However, it is possible to circumvent healing cost by dying, because you can always come back healed regardless of your money. I think the way to solve this is to have all Pokemon come back at 1 HP when you die: however, I don't have the first clue how to edit the game engine to do this. Can someone put me on the right track?

Many thanks.

EDIT: Also, if this is impossible, does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative?

Last edited:

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
my game is screwd!!!!!!!!!!
I wanted to take a tile from emerald and put on shiny gold and that's what happend:
2uorigk.gif

what now?,delete everything and start a new game or what?
please answer quick.....

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
my game is screwd!!!!!!!!!!
I wanted to take a tile from emerald and put on shiny gold and that's what happend:
2uorigk.gif

what now?,delete everything and start a new game or what?
please answer quick.....

What the... What exactly did you do? Every detail is needed to help! I'd say get a new ROM of ShinyGold... Your Save file won't be edited, so you do not need to start the game again, if that is what you meant.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
What the... What exactly did you do? Every detail is needed to help! I'd say get a new ROM of ShinyGold... Your Save file won't be edited, so you do not need to start the game again, if that is what you meant.
-____- I guess I'm super noob,OK at least my game didn't scrwed....

Sonikku17

Wanderer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Alright, here's my question. In my Fire Red hack, I've added both Glaceon and Leafeon into the game. I wanted to make it so that Eevee could evolve into them, but as far as I can tell, any given Pokémon can only have a maximum of five evolutions. Is there any way I could expand Eevee to have seven evolutions, instead of deleting two of the previous Eevelutions?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Alright, here's my question. In my Fire Red hack, I've added both Glaceon and Leafeon into the game. I wanted to make it so that Eevee could evolve into them, but as far as I can tell, any given Pokémon can only have a maximum of five evolutions. Is there any way I could expand Eevee to have seven evolutions, instead of deleting two of the previous Eevelutions?

Hmm... There may be a way... Easiest way would be if you add a Special Eevee in one of the empty 25 slots, then make that given to you by an Event (as if you try to catch it, it freezes), and let that evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back