• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hate For New Generation 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

大輔

Adventurer
Years
Anyone out there who hates Generation 6? Personally I love the concept, pokemon, and the new things they are adding. It gives it a fresh start for even older people who play the games. But I've talked to a few others about it and they've complained a lot about the new pokemon, evolution concepts, and bla bla bla. Any other people out there like that with legit reasons?

blue

gucci
Years
I can see a few people taking a dislike to the new Mega Evolution concept which I've personally grown to really like! As a whole this Generation so far has pleasantly surprised me and I wouldn't be surprised if this Generation became one of my favourites so far.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I understand that some people may not like it, the only argument that I wouldn't except is if they said it doesn't feel like pokemon. And don't get me started on when they compare it to digimon .

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
Every new Pokemon game has this problem, and most people usually come around and get acquainted with the new Pokemon. Of course it's going to change each generation - it's how things evolve. I too think the new Pokemon and features look a bit weird, but I'm optimistic they'll grow on me like every other Pokemon game.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
I used to dislike the Mega Pokemon, but now I think they could be a great addition to the series.

I know you can't change the opinion of others, but they shouldn't complain. People constantly complain that Pokemon doesn't add more stuff, and when they DO add stuff, they complain...Mega Evolutions, Pokemon-Amie, the PSS, customization...There's TONS of good additions that Game Freak will give to us.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
In terms of fresh start, BW launched a sucessful one,
winning mainly positive feedback from game magazines, like Famitsu.
While RS receive a lot of negative feedback,
reasons including no cross-gen trading, "revamp" of the series etc...

Hopefully Game Freak learnt their lesson

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I know you can't change the opinion of others, but they shouldn't complain. People constantly complain that Pokemon doesn't add more stuff, and when they DO add stuff, they complain...Mega Evolutions, Pokemon-Amie, the PSS, customization...There's TONS of good additions that Game Freak will give to us.

The irony is that people complain that Pokemon is getting boring over time and that it's not giving somthing new and it gets me dumbfounded that when big changes occur, they complain even more than when the changes didn't occur.

I am glad for the changes and to me the game is getting more epic than the static sprites and simple move animations the gamesonly showed before.

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Sometimes, I don't understand people like these. I mean come on! A MEGA Lucario?! That's freaking awesome! And if it's freaking awesome, I'm all good with it B)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
When Megalution was first revealed, I thought the way they looked were awesome, but I didn't really like the concept for 2 or 3 simple reasons.
I thought they were real evolutions and not just forms. I thought that the names were stupid if they were new pokemon. I didn't want a Mega Blaziken to be far from the other Torchic line in the dex and all these megas would take up a lot of space in the dex.

However, once they confirmed that they were just forms, battle forms at that. I loved them tho I was already starting to like them. When they said they were forms, I found them 100% acceptable.

And honestly I am not a competitive battler, so in most cases, I could careless about the metagame.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
There will always be people who hate a newer generation. It will grow on some and others will continue to dislike it.
I don't understand it, but those people exist.

Personally I have been in love with Gen 6 since the very first reveal and it just keeps getting better and better. Only 2 more months. It's so hard to wait!!

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
A lot of it is just fear of the unknown. They see GF making all these changes and don't know how it will change the game, so they instantly hate it. It happens all the time whenever a change for anything is announced.

I'm excited to see how the changes play out, and how they will enhance (or possibly diminish) the overall experience of the game.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2016
Not that I hate the new generation, Just concerned about its quality. I Loved Pokemon more for its simple yet creative creature designs, each design having a background relating from history to folklore. With the Mega Evolutions (Like most, I thought of Digimon) I was worried the designs and pokemon would lose their integrity. I guess thats really what I look for with each generation (Over time, its easy to just push out gimmicky creature designs to make deadlines and push more out faster).

Back on track, the new Mega Evolutions I am still skeptical about for several reasons.
1) Over time this might make Pokemon look really washed out and messy with all these Pokemon having alternate forms and these same Pokemon having Mega Evolutions during battle. It will start getting confusing like Digimon and each design will lose its unique luster.
2) This might be a way for the artists to push out more Pokemon at a time. I noticed the Mega Evolutions, since their not true evolutions, are updated designs (looking more hyped up and action figure like). Does this means that the Pokemon that get these Mega Evolutions won't evolve? If so, it seems like a short way out.
3) The Mega Evolutions are blurring the lines between itself and alternate forms. Though I think I can see the reason, which would be gameplay and training (This will def keep everyone busy with planning what moves and skills to give their Pokemon for battle)

* This sounds like a rant after reading, but it's really just worried speculation (from a designing stand point). Obviously GF isn't going to change anything (especially because it was already made and being released) from mixed reactions of fans. Over all I feel the New Generation has a lot of promise with technology, social networking, gameplay and storyline. Just have to wait for the big picture.

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
I don't know how I feel yet about the Mega Pokemon. Seems different I guess.

The games haven't come out yet though so I really can't find much to hate on...yet.

JordanD

Mark danced crazy
Years
I have mixed feelings about the Mega evolution,while I like the design,I'm still waiting for more information before I can make a clear judgement,as for the Pokemon themselves,I like them a lot,I like how most of the pre-evos look really cute but have badass evolution xD.
Also Kalos(Karos?)Is a awesome looking region and I really love the new art style for it!

Years
Higher risk, higher gain.

However I'm not too sure if Game Freak is going the right way about this. I'm worried about the power creep that has been settling in since Generation V and the effect that the "Mega Pokemon" will have in influencing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back