• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Move tutors

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Its funny how only four move tutors could change the competitive field immensely. most pokemon would even have tier changes because of four men

WOW
Well it happened before in Gen IV. Move pools play a big part in how useful a Pokemon can be against various opponents and types perhaps even bigger than stats.

I wanted Focus Punch to return too but I guess the rest of the moves make up for the lack of ^_^

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Aww Shockwave was my decent electric move on many Pokemon during the adventure :( Jolteon is now completely out of the equation.

Interesting changes though.

Years
It's quite interesting how they left out some of the moves that were in many generations either tm's or tutor moves themselves such as Shockwave. I guess they wanted to shake things up this time.

Cid

Years
I guess Lilligant didn't get any coverage moves to back up its Quiver Dance. :(
Predictable, but disappointing all the same.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Move tutor compatibility!

This may or may not be the full list, but this is what we have now.

1. Herdier specifically deserves Superpower.
2. Why would a thing like Heatran even "use" Bug Bite?
3. Gurdurr & Sawk: Amazing as always.
4. I'm glad Volcarona gets Roost since Morning Sun isn't always good in a game of weather ETC.
5. Tempted to use SR on Terrakion "just cause it's there".
6. Since Haxorus doesn't get Fire Punch, Superpower will definitely do n_n I WANTED THIS FOR LIKE, EVER.

That is all for now I think.

My fighting bias is kind of obvious in this post.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just to comment back on the shards for Move tutors, you can apparently find them in dust clouds while traveling in caves.

Pokebeach is where this info is from.

Years
Superpower on Haxorus, that's some improvement right there (though not like it needed improvement).
Volcarona with roost, that's bound to make it's Quiver dance spam than attack strategy easier to actually carry out.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
As for shards, I found a bunch in the desert area (where the sandstorm is).

Also, I can confirm the Red Shard move tutor (has mainly offensive moves, such as Ice Punch, Dual Chop, and Seed Bomb) is in Driftveil City. I just made it here, but haven't seen any others. Most moves are about 10 shards. I'm unsure how I had 13 by then, maybe he gave me 10 free ones.

Needless to say, my Huge Power Azumarill shouldn't have Ice Punch this early xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Volcarona with roost, that's bound to make it's Quiver dance spam than attack strategy easier to actually carry out.

Now with Roost, just give it a Lum Berry and then you'll have no issues. It'll basically be unstoppable. Scary thought.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Good God, Volcarona will become a God in the metagame. D:

I'm excited Jellicent is getting Giga Drain. Nice alternative to Energy Ball for those using a Choice Specs Jelli.
Pain Split on Throh? That's...interesting. xD
Decent way to heal, I guess.

Oh, my, glob, Eelektross' new moves are amazing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

I'm excited Jellicent is getting Giga Drain. Nice alternative to Energy Ball for those using a Choice Specs Jelli.

Um considering most people think energy ball is a joke this probably won't help much :x But Giga Drain is always a good thing for recovery, so it works out lool.

And yeah, Throh is v defensive compared to Sawk so it makes sense.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Um considering most people think energy ball is a joke this probably won't help much :x But Giga Drain is always a good thing for recovery, so it works out lool.

And yeah, Throh is v defensive compared to Sawk so it makes sense.

Oui, I always used Ice Beam instead, but Giga is a great way for that particular set to heal finally.

I wish Keldeo got a little something better out of it, but unfortunately, its movepool isn't anything too beautiful. :c

I'm happy Gyarados has Iron Head again. <3
Useless competitively, but so fun to have. <3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I knew it was too good to be true

22:30; Revive, Shards confirmed as Dream Radar Items. Swablu & Sigilyph as Pokémon

Seems like we only get multiple shards from the dream world or cheating of course

They are found in game too. You can get them from Dust Clouds like the Gems.

Years

Than perhaps it's a good thing that they brought back stealth rock to trim it's wings.

Nice to see Electross getting some new moves it really needed them...it's BW moveset sucked.

Back