• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Best Music in the Games?

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
It is really hard to pick just one song from the gen V BGM but my favorite has to be N's castle in Black and White 1. Wow just wow, what an epic song, I have never heard anything like it before in Pokemon. It is just brilliant.

Years
Besides being one of my favourite Pokémon Champions, Iris has one of the most fitting, songs in the entire Pokémon series, it sounds magical and miraculous... i love it ~ >3

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I don't know what the name is and I can't get a link from YouTube but it's the song that plays when you step out of the Plasma Frigate in Bw2.
Because it's the song played often in Chrono Trigger, a Final Fantasy game for anyone who doesn't know what it is, and I love that music. Hearing it in White 2 this morning was awesome. XD

Guest123123

My favorites were Bridge to N's Castle, Colress battle, PWT final battle, Humilau City, and the routes just before Victory Road in both sets of games.

I think I also liked the music that played in Black Tower, but I don't remember it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I absolutely love the soundtracks for Route 10 and for the Entralink. I'm quite sad I breezed right through Route 10, and there isn't too much for me to do in the Entralink. :(

I'll just have to listen to a 30 minute extension of it haha.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Music was never my favorite aspect of the generation V games, but I really did love this one, even though it bears strong resemblance to a temple theme in ALttP.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
Dragon Spiral Tower- wow what a beautiful song, it really fits a labyrinth
N's theme- it sounds so demented, I love it
Undella Town summer- wow it makes me want to go the beach, I hate winter
Under seas ruins- How Appropriate for under seas ruins, it reminds me of the visual novel Ever 17

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Pokemon World Tournament Finals really rocked the world and BW2 Iris Theme makes it feels like in the stars

Years
My favorite might just be Marlon's gym music! There was something very relaxing about it. :)

I agree, it was so calm and tranquil which really fits in with the Water-type. I loved all the different versions of the Gym theme music since they did a great job making most of them fit the type theme. Another of my fave themes would have to be Celestial Tower, because I love the build-up on it.

Years
So many! Where do I begin?

• White's Opelucid City
  • Humilau City
  • Cheren/Bianca Battle
  • All of N's Themes(meeting or battle), including the sequel's
  • N's Castle in BW
  • Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem
  • Driftveil City
  • Regi Chamber
  • That piano that plays when filming at Pokestar Studios
  • Pokestar Studios
  • Cynthia meeting and her battle theme

Thoriére

[i]If everything's a dream, don't wake me.[/i]
Years
Pokemon World Tournament Finals really rocked the world and BW2 Iris Theme makes it feels like in the stars

God, this one absolutely swept me off my feet at first. Every song I'm listing below is from B/W, but this is a fantastic addition from B2/W2. Thinks for bringing this to light!

Black and White brought a lot of songs to my attention. Here are a few of them (in order of appearance on the OST). It's a bit laborious, but I've been listening to these all day while I've worked or been in bed.

Disk One:

• Team Plasma Appears
  • Battle! Team Plasma
  • Trouble Occurs!
  • Battle! Gym Leader
  • Victory Is Right Before Your Eyes!
  • Bianca's Theme
  • Unwavering Emotions
  • The Equated Captives
  • Battle! N

Disk Two

• Driftveil City
  • Spotted! Team Plasma
  • Top Floor of Dragonspiral Tower
  • Opelucid City (White)
  • Battle! Elite Four
  • Siege on the Pokémon League
  • Receive a Mission
  • The Child of Pokémon, N
  • N's Dragon
  • The Dragon's Awakening
  • Battle! Reshiram / Zekrom
  • Decisive Battle! N
  • Ghetsis's Ambitions
  • Battle! Ghetsis
  • Farewell
  • ENDING - To Their Respective Future

Disk Three
  • Global Terminal
  • Battle! Battle Subway Trainer
  • Musical Stardom!
  • Musical: A Walk in the Forest
  • Musical: The Heated Raimon
  • Battle! Legendary Pokemon
  • Kanawa Town
  • Wonder Bridge
  • Black City
  • White Forest
  • Cynthia's Theme
  • Battle! Cynthia

Disk Four

• Kagome Town
  • Village Bridge
  • Mystery Gift
  • Battle! Kyurem
  • Battle! Champion
  • Congratulations on Entering the Hall of Fame!
  • LAST BATTLE N (remix)
  • Sayonara

These are all at least more than passable in my book, honestly, but I'm open to input. Sorry for the exhaustive post, but I wanted to contribute, so here I am.

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Gosh, it's quite hard for me to find the best soundtrack, so I'll just say whatever ranks highly among my all-time favourites. (I'm only gonna do B2W2, since it's supposed to be the upgrade in terms of music.)

Battle! Team Plasma: Such a sinister techno theme! Beats every other villain team theme hands down for me.
Nimbasa City: The main reason why its my favourite city is because it's the only one whose background music I remember.
Nimbasa Gym: Are you ready?~
Pokestar Studios: Very Universal Studios and Disneyland Theme Park. Also it has a lot of sub-themes within them. If only it was actually fun to visit the Studios, a lot of underexposed soundtracks there...
Castelia Sewers: I wonder whether the Rattatas jam to this.
Join Avenue: Best mall music ever heard.
Sinnoh Champion Battle: Cynthia's theme is my favourite champion theme, so obviously the B2W2 version gets my like.
Battle! Colress: It starts off really science-y eerie, with extraterrestrial vibes; as if you're fighting on an abandoned space station drifting in the asteroid belt. If you listen to it long enough, there's a countdown.​

Years

I loved how epic that PWT finals music is, don't get me wrong. As for Iris' Champion theme, you do have to admit it was something I didn't expect for a Champion theme but I love its uniqueness and it fits in with her design theme and that beautiful background as well.

Years

Goosebumps. I can't even word how much I love this song. It makes me nostalgic and want to cry so I try not to listen to it too much (despite how much I want to). >.<

Oh god the shudders. I was so scared to go up against this guy because of the music. Final boss-level worthy, it's too good.

Originally I disliked the fifth generation gym leader music but later on it became my absolute favorite and I'm in love now. Makes me think of my experience battling Cilan in White which was a huge pain without the proper elemental monkey.

Years
I'm with you there Janna, I loved the Ghetsis theme in 5th Gen because it was so intense and definitely fitted a truly villainous character like him.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I have an entire list of great music from Gen V at PGC. {XD}
I gotta say Pinwheel Forest's music is the first music that came to mind.

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
There are lots of tracks I love from generation five of course but this is the most one I listen sometimes.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
I loved the Gen 5 music, so I recorded all 98 OST's of BW in my mobile =)
My favorite from Gen 5 are, <N's Farewell>, <Unwavering Emotions>, <Entralink>, <N's Castle>, <Route 4>, <PWT Main Theme>.

And of course, the <ENDING> is superb as well! I actually used the ending theme on my class project as the Ending Staff Credits Roll music and everyone loved it.

I don't know how to post videos yet, sorry X3

Back