• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't break me, won't shake me. [OOC]

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I'm editing the Pokemon she has in her box at the moment, so her team may be subject to change ;D

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
I'm editing the Pokemon she has in her box at the moment, so her team may be subject to change ;D

I think we're all going to be doing a bit of that. ^^ Just remember everyone, the six pokemon you have for each battle must be listed in this thread. If they're not recorded, then you forfeit that match. Don't do that. ^^

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Ah, I've been gone all day D:
...What have I missed? *Goes to IC thread*
Okay, only three posts so far so... Nel goes up against Bradyn first? Oh, god X3
Wait, did you ever say how the winners of each battle will be determined?

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
Ah, I've been gone all day D:
...What have I missed? *Goes to IC thread*
Okay, only three posts so far so... Nel goes up against Bradyn first? Oh, god X3
Wait, did you ever say how the winners of each battle will be determined?

xD I'm looking forward to it, though. Win or lose... I'm just happy to be around.

The winner of each battle... That might get confusing.

I'm planning on, when everyone gets settled, just having one battle at a time. It'll prevent confusion, and might just work out better in the long run. The winner though... I'm thinking, seeing as how any other way would have people's blood boiling, those that face each other need to PM one another and agree on a winner of the battle. It is to be kept a secret! It should only be known to those two trainers, until the actual battle happens and the victor is crowned.

I know it's lame, and I apologize, but I will take any other ideas and consider them if you have any.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Well, for the most part, Nubia's backup Pokemon have been added! I may add more depending on if I feel like it or not :> /been thinking of giving her an Emboar but I'm not sure

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
However, everyone wants to win, so picking a winner amongst ourselves is going to be fairly hard.

Nikolas is not only the person who has to be posting next, but is the person who I'm facing...(goes to the main RP to see who this is) ...Somehow, I knew it was Snow Phoenix. Assistant GM VS Bouncy...WOW, THIS IS REALLY GOING TO SUCK. >=O

By the way, can teleport be used in battle? =D

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
However, everyone wants to win, so picking a winner amongst ourselves is going to be fairly hard.

Nikolas is not only the person who has to be posting next, but is the person who I'm facing...(goes to the main RP to see who this is) ...Somehow, I knew it was Snow Phoenix. Assistant GM VS Bouncy...WOW, THIS IS REALLY GOING TO SUCK. >=O

By the way, can teleport be used in battle? =D

Indeed. There will be no real... Ease, in this, but maybe people will cave. I don't know.

Yes. Teleport can be used. It's a strategic move, so why not?

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
I have mine thought out, but not written. I'm stealing my neighbor's internet at the moment (which is really slow due to the distance) as my mum turned off the internet. So, if I disappear, my internet is so slow, it made me so mad that I fell asleep.

After Nakuzami posts, it is my turn...I think. ;)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Imma be in another state the next few days, so if my turn somehow pops back up again, I may not be able to respond right away XD;

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
Lol. Snow Phoenix is working on his post. I informed him that he was all the hold up. ^^

ATTENTION: Snow Phoenix (Nickolas Hertz) has asked to be bumped back to seventh. Therefore, everyone but Adam moves up one. Nakuzami, you can post now. ^^ And then yes, you are after Nakuzami, MichaelaTheUchiha.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Yeah, I'm heading up to Canada on the 29th of September and I'll be back on the 4th of October, so if my turn pops up...move me to the bottom and I'll get a post, my post, up as soon as possible. ^^

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Copying Michaela (kind of), do the same for me if it takes over two days for me to get my post up :3

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Lol. Snow Phoenix is working on his post. I informed him that he was all the hold up. ^^

ATTENTION: Snow Phoenix (Nickolas Hertz) has asked to be bumped back to seventh. Therefore, everyone but Adam moves up one. Nakuzami, you can post now. ^^ And then yes, you are after Nakuzami, MichaelaTheUchiha.

Oh, I can? I'll go get what I wrote, and then add a bit, and post!
There's a filler battle at the end so... yeah, have to finish that.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
... so wait, about the list of pokemon for the round, are we listing pokemon we're using before the match is to be had, or when you say what the next round match-ups are?

As for the manner of deciding victory, perhaps we should try some kind of point system? Like, a particular move used against an opponent will cause a specific amount of "point damage." So, let's say this:

Max points to KO: 10
1-40 move power: 1 point
41-80: 2 points
81-120: 3 points
121+: 4
Weakness: +1 point to the move power value
Double Weakness and Critical Hit: +2 to power value
Resistance: -1 point from move power value
Double Weakness: -2 to power value
Immunity: 0 points

... to give a general idea of what I'm talking about. I have to go to bed, but if this idea sounds good to people we can work out the rest of the details at some other time

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
...So say it's a battle between a Feebas and Charizard. The only move Charizard can learn that's super effective against Feebas is Solarbeam, while Feebas has a bunch of Water TMs/HMs up its sleeve. Feebas actually has a chance of winning against Charizard, especially if it continues using Surf.

What I'm saying, is, in order for that system to work, levels, base stats, natures, status effects, weather effects, stat boosts/decreases, item effects, etc. have to be implemented into it. Heck, one could even go so far as to include IVs and EVs.

Last edited:

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
... so wait, about the list of pokemon for the round, are we listing pokemon we're using before the match is to be had, or when you say what the next round match-ups are?

As for the manner of deciding victory, perhaps we should try some kind of point system? Like, a particular move used against an opponent will cause a specific amount of "point damage." So, let's say this:

Max points to KO: 10
1-40 move power: 1 point
41-80: 2 points
81-120: 3 points
121+: 4
Weakness: +1 point to the move power value
Double Weakness and Critical Hit: +2 to power value
Resistance: -1 point from move power value
Double Weakness: -2 to power value
Immunity: 0 points

... to give a general idea of what I'm talking about. I have to go to bed, but if this idea sounds good to people we can work out the rest of the details at some other time

I just need for the team that you are going to be using up before each match. For example: For your every battle, I expect your team to be listed prior to the battle. If not, and you use a pokemon that it not listed as in your team for said battle, then it goes as a loss to the violating trainer and a win to their opponent.

Also... I'm not a fan of the point system.

Back