• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Thanks for the points

The other way is when the server automatically matches two deposited Pokémon with each other, if they mutually satisfy each other's conditions. Do you have the second method implemented too?
That method isn't implemented in the gts at the moment. Its an easy addition though that can be done via the server without editing the gts in the game

Next, you need a better interface for the GTS, rather than only using message boxes. Do you think you could make a full-screen (well, full-window) interface? This would let you, for example, use columns for the list of Pokémon, and give a visual representation of the search results much like the DS games.
Thats planned hopefully, i'm a beginner when it comes to RGSS so it might take a while, still haven't worked out how to do windows properly yet

Now, I'll suggest some features that I feel are missing from the official GTS, that you might want to implement.
Firstly, improve the 'wanted Pokémon' condition selection. It irks me that you have to specify a species; this should be optional much like level and gender. To make this effective, add a few more criteria that can be asked for, such as type, ability, or a learned move. This also has the advantage of letting people add to their Pokédex using the GTS, as they can get Pokémon they haven't seen yet in exchange.
i though on the real gts you have to specify the pokemon your looking for. pokemon that you haven't seen still show up in the list, so you can still search for them even when you haven't encountered them yet.

If you've ever used the official GTS, you'll know it's filled with impossible and unreasonable requests (e.g. Zekrom, level 9 and under). Adding more criteria exaggerates this, so you'll need to filter those out somehow. I suggest adding a server-side check when a request is made that checks the request is valid (for example, it would reject a request for a level 9 and under Zekrom, or a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard). This would remove the impossible requests. Unreasonable requests can be avoided by allowing users to filter results by the wanted Pokémon (e.g. blacklist and don't display offers that request legendaries or level 100s, or only show offers that request a Pokémon the searcher actually has in their PC boxes).
That'll be implemented when the legendary pokemon (since they're the only ones that you can breed) are added.

Finally, allow users to view the full summary of a Pokémon in the search results - I often have to trade Pokémon away again because they're hacked or have an undesirable nature/ability.
Once i have the windowed version of the gts up and running this'll be a feature of it. Its kinda hard to do with message windows since you'd end up with 4-5 messages per pokemon

On a completely different note, I agree with those people saying the battle graphics need to be updated - they're very inconsistent at the moment. At least upgrade/downgrade all Pokémon/trainer front and backsprites to ones from the same generation (you might need to do some edits for Red's backsprite if you upgrade to 4th/5th gen).
I know the background is gen 3, as well as the red sprite i think, and that the pokemon are gen 5. the pokemon are easily changed, and its easy enough to change the background, though the layout will still stay gen3 style since to do gen4 properly you need dual screen which i don't want ot implement.
The red sprite would need a sprite to edit it since i'm no good

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Small update

Lavender Town <- Town done and only pokecenter/mart done

ghost1.png
ghost2.png
ghost3.png

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Version 0.7 has been released which is just a quick bug fix for several errors that have been reported.

Theres no longer a script error when starting the game, and the male pikachu sprite appears

On another note
newbattle.png

New battle backgrounds

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Not much mapping done but i have done a lot of changing the battle interface, enabling and finishing the scripting for pokerus and added a check on the load screen for if your running the latest version.

I might make the window bigger to accommodate the new battle interface since its a bit tight

newbattle.png
newbattle2.png
newbattle3.png

New battle interface

update.png

Update checker on loading menu

pokerus.png

Pokerus

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Thanks, i'm glad you like it

I've been doing some more revamping today

summary1a.png
summary1b.png
summary1c.png

summary2a.png
summary2b.png
summary2c.png

The new summary screens

Do people think you should be able to get a Togepi like in the anime?

Bill™

Random Guy
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
It looks really good. Two questions though, is that the main character you are going to use? I think that in Yellow you're character should look either like Red from the manga or Ash from the anime, since those are the characters your character is based off of. Also will other games made with essentials be able to trade with your game in order to get pokemon from other regions? (not fakemon or pokemon holding items)

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
At the moment it is the character unless someone wants to make one more like ash. I'm not a spriter.

As for trading with other essentials, no. Other games would need the trading scripts.
This one will only be able to trade with other lightning yellow games.

Bit of an update

Two new maps
Rock Tunnel 1F
Rock Tunnel B1F

And some screenshots
rock_tunnel1.png
rock_tunnel2.png
rock_tunnel3.png
rock_tunnel4.png

And a video showing something i'm working on, though its going to take a while

Last edited:

Bill™

Random Guy
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
I watched the video and it looks good, but isn't Professor Oak supposed to catch Pikachu? Also what I meant before was I'm working on a game and it would be nice for my game to be able to trade with yours. That way people who play my game can get the pokémon they can't catch in my game and people who play your game can get pokémon they can't catch in their game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Thanks

Yes, originally Oak was supposed to catch Pikachu, but its not that easy to do a battle and you not control it.

As for trading between games, its unlikely to happen since both games would need exactly the same pokemon/items/moves/types etc otherwise if a game gets a pokemon with a type/move/item or even the pokemon themselves will crash it if its not available. Thats why you can't use the mystery gift/gts in the game if you haven't updated to the latest version, to stop those kind of errors

Anyway, all Pokemon are available in this, you have to use the gts (or trade center if i make one) to trade with other people to get them, but they are all obtainable

Bill™

Random Guy
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
Well if you havent added any new moves or pokémon then it will be fine because I havent. I don't have generation V pokémon yet but I will whenever they are added to the official essentials in probably about a month and if you use the generation V ones from the official essentials when they come out then there shouldn't be any problems. Also I think either you or I could create a script to keep us from trading items between the two games if you added new items.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
I do have quite a few custom and edited pokemon and items as well as gen5 pokemon. Anyway, i don't really want trading outside of the games.

The scripts aren't for release either, their not even fully complete yet anyway.

Bill™

Random Guy
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
So does that mean that after this you are going to make more games to trade with yours or that all pokemon will be obtainable in your game?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
All pokemon are obtainable, but you have to trade with someone else. Its like at Mt. Moon where you get the fossils. To get the one you didn't choose you'd have to trade with someone who did choose.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Lavender is finished for the moment, top floor of the pokemon tower isn't finished (but doesn't matter since you can't get to it yet)

Celadon mapped, department store mapped and evented, eevee obtainable. Just need to sort out the road area in Celadon and change its tiles
Celadon

And a teaser video in the pokemon tower

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Lavender is finished for the moment, top floor of the pokemon tower isn't finished (but doesn't matter since you can't get to it yet)

Celadon mapped, department store mapped and evented, eevee obtainable. Just need to sort out the road area in Celadon and change its tiles
Celadon

And a teaser video in the pokemon tower

Have you thought of using the frlg sprite for ghost (forgot if there is one or not) and maybe you could use a DP sprite for the channelers.

Back